Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 1,001 Unique Visitors
9,054 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,924 Page Views | 18,799 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseMatterport KerfufflepricingScanning

Matterport now pricing their own 3Dscan cost5032

GeorgeK private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360 I was never worried, and the reason I say this is I am a broker who purchased the system for my own listings, not to do scans for others. I have done a few for other people but that was never my goal.

I wanted the tool to gain a unique value proposition. I did not want to be subject to the whim and schedule of the photographer.

If you pick up a few "Million Dollar Listings" the value of the camera is less than say a referral fee. But the reality is I do not think about business like the typical Realtor. The typical Realtor knows the power of things like video but will not invest in the equipment or even a photographer. Just look at the pictures in the MLS to prove my point.
Post 101 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Metroplex360

The only reason that any of our clients in our own markets would know about these prices would be because we posted them on WGA.

1969 | U.S. bombs Cambodia for the first time

"U.S. B-52 bombers are diverted from their targets in South Vietnam to attack suspected communist base camps and supply areas in Cambodia for the first time in the war. President Nixon approved the mission–formally designated Operation Breakfast–at a meeting of the National Security Council on March 15. This mission and subsequent B-52 strikes inside Cambodia became known as the “Menu” bombings. A total of 3,630 flights over Cambodia dropped 110,000 tons of bombs during a 14-month period through April 1970. This bombing of Cambodia and all follow up “Menu” operations were kept secret from the American public and the U.S. Congress because Cambodia was ostensibly neutral. To keep the secret, an intricate reporting system was established at the Pentagon to prevent disclosure of the bombing. Although the New York Times broke the story of the secret bombing campaign in May 1969, there was little adverse public reaction."

Source: This Day in History

What do you think?

1. Was the secret bombing of Cambodia a good thing?
2. Whatever happened to Richard Nixon?

Dan
Post 102 IP   flag post
jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroplex360
Representatives from Matterport has explained that this program was a test pilot that was supposed to not be public. Ads were targetted geographically and the landing page was only visible via the ads. Unfortunately for them, @DougTse is a San Francisco MSP who seems to have not been invited, thus he went to the WGA forum to post his unpleasant findings.

The pilot test was poorly conceived and badly executed.

It is incredible for me that they thought that all this was going to be kept in secret!.

Customers of current MSPs that were not part of the pilot asking these MSPs explanations about their pricing, people living in SF with MSPs friends elsewhere, etc, etc.

If thew wanted it to be secret they should have gone to Antarctica and offer MP scanning services to the penguins!
Post 103 IP   flag post
GeorgeK private msg quote post Address this user
@jfantin Penguins... do not give them any ideas....lol..
Post 104 IP   flag post
Viewing private msg quote post Address this user
I'm speculating but it seems the "secret" element of this test was only realised after the backlash. Honesty is admirable and had this test been for the benefit of the community I see no reason for secrecy in the first place. Success, honesty, fairness and decency can co-exist I promise. Give it a try [redacted] and team, it'll make you feel good.
Post 105 IP   flag post

Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfantin
If they wanted it to be secret they should have gone to Antarctica and offer MP scanning services to the penguins!

They are wanting to target underserved markets. This would fit that description perfectly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeK
@jfantin Penguins... do not give them any ideas....lol..

The walruses are the ones who are the danger to the penguins. Among other things, they are considering scanning at $0.067/sqft and splitting the money with Matterport. This being said, walruses are horrible at marketing and lead generation, so to their defense, I understand Matterport feeling that they can better handle the burden of marketing and lining up the gigs.

I am a bit worried at the quality of the scans that the walruses will do though. When Matterport starts being a discounted commodity, the work will end up rather shoddy. Penguins know this.
Post 106 IP   flag post
Nice analogy. I can hear a few singing I am the walrus in the distance. Penguins are faster swimmers and enough of them together can carry a walrus out of danger.
Post 107 IP   flag post
nat_vanveen private msg quote post Address this user
The more I read this thread the more indignant I become.

Thank you to everyone in this forum and in particular those MSPs who call it like it is...

Sorry, @billrobinson but I find your explanation unplausible, just as I did the feedback from the other lady in the trial (sorry I don't recall her name).

We are here to do business, and the 'best intent of a Matterport employee' is of no interest to me. I am only interested in their EXPERTISE. To say that their trial was a secret after the fact is complete BS... fake news

It's unfortunate that none of the Matterport Senior Management Team the decision-makers don't participate in this forum - do they even know we exist? Having Matterport techs read this forum is great when we have technical issues but I don't see the CEO having a minute of time for any of us, I doubt that this monumental stuff up has even been brought to the C-suite's attention, kept under wraps in middle to low management.
Post 108 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@nat_vanveen

Happy b-day!

Matterport reads every word of the We Get Around Network Forum

I could imagine that we slow up their productivity because their employees are busy reading what you (all) have to say.

Best,

Dan
Post 109 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod LOL thanks Dan!

p.s. Dan you need a wine icon, I don't do beer, but cheers to you!
Post 110 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@nat_vanveen I drink wine in red Silo cups. It's classier.

Happy Birthday, btw
Post 111 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
Richierichks private msg quote post Address this user

I drink Margaritas from Red Solo cups.....No joke, this is happening right now! LOL

HaPpY BiRtHdAy NaT!!!
Post 112 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
Richierichks private msg quote post Address this user
Hey, I think my dog is eyeing my Margarita! LOL
Post 113 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@Richierichks Classy!
Post 114 IP   flag post
@Metroplex360 @Richierichks hehe hilarious, thanks guys!
Post 115 IP   flag post
alx3D private msg quote post Address this user
Straight from matterport "the program is dead"

Talking Today with one of the sales reps I was expressing my concerns and holding my camera order until the issue was resolved.

He assured me that "the program is dead" and that I could confidently continue with my order.

Props to matterport for listening and responding.
Post 116 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@alx3D

Did you get it in writing?

Dan
Post 117 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@alx3D

In most large companies - and likely Matterport - they purposely keep the sales people out of the loop of product development and marketing plans so that they can honestly say, "I do not know anything about a new Camera."

If I was you, I would get it in righting and include the right to return the camera at anytime, if "the Walking Dead" occurs ...

Dan
Post 118 IP   flag post
SailAway private msg quote post Address this user
Dan is correct 100%

When I spoke to my sales guy he assured me that there are No plans for a new camera to come out, yet couple months later new cam showed up.

Everything is compartmentalized, so to keep everyone out of the loop. NASA and every other large agency does it.
Post 119 IP   flag post
PeterMcCready private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailAway
Dan is correct 100%

When I spoke to my sales guy he assured me that there are No plans for a new camera to come out, yet couple months later new cam showed up.

Everything is compartmentalized, so to keep everyone out of the loop. NASA and every other large agency does it.

That's exactly what I experienced at the end of March, I was assured that absolutely, positively nothing new was on the horizon and to get in quick because of the discount: "Social media buzz will be high long before the next generation is out!". Oh absolutely

To be honest, I knew it was only a matter of time and went ahead and bought anyway as some projects couldn't wait but I'd be kicking myself if I'd taken their multiple year finance option...
Post 120 IP   flag post
@PeterMcCready @SailAway @DanSmigrod @alx3D

Yall may be interested to hear that the only Matterport Resller here in Australia emailed me and said they had not be told by Matterport that there was a new camera until after it was already launched in the US! They were completely taken by surprise and had to email their customer database to explain.
Post 121 IP   flag post
PeterMcCready private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_vanveen
@PeterMcCready @SailAway @DanSmigrod @alx3D

Yall may be interested to hear that the only Matterport Resller here in Australia emailed me and said they had not be told by Matterport that there was a new camera until after it was already launched in the US! They were completely taken by surprise and had to email their customer database to explain.

Thanks, that does make me feel slightly better! Reminds me of my days dealing with senior Apple reps on a regular basis (back when Macs were their sole bread and butter!), they were often just as surprised with product announcements as I was, sometimes unashamedly admitting to knowing more from rumours sites than internal sources!!!
Post 122 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
@nat_vanveen Happy Belated Birthday!!!!
Post 123 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
@BillRobinson Thanks for your side of the story.

Still, does not help that Matterport devalued their product so much. Damage has been done. Even if it was in a small "secret" test market. The interweb is everywhere and when you post a price like that in one place no matter what it is able to be seen any and everywhere!Even though it was only up for a partial day I will bet that that page and pricing quote will haunt MSP everywhere for years!
Post 124 IP   flag post
SailAway private msg quote post Address this user
As the saying goes what goes on the web stays on the web. I can pull up websites and anything else including all the data from years ago, even after you deleted it removed your domain name and everything else. I'm little confused were Mediport is going with this, to me it sounds like they are ready to sell the company to a bigger fish.
Post 125 IP   flag post
DougTse private msg quote post Address this user
I'm very glad this 'test' was overturned with our community here overnight and it shows we have a large voice in the direction Matterport can head to. In light of this, I realized that @hopscotch and @billrobinson were looking for opportunities to build their business and the reality is they can't do it alone. That test tactic nearly cost me this engagement I was about to launch last week.

I'll share with the community what I have done to help get Matterport sales and MSP sales as a strategy to build the market share. enviroscan3D and a mid-size brokerage firm ERS Premier have partnered up to provide a solution that makes sense. Brokerages are not the camera and tech experts even though Matterport proclaims it's easy-to-use. It's just not their profession. Matterport professionals can partner with a brokerage firm to help streamline their business so it becomes a constant hand-in-hand process. As the workload picks up, @hopscotch and @billrobinson could be available to assist with the work here in California.

I hope this serves a way to collaborate and not to compete. It really shows a business difficult to succeed with that kind of competition.

Post 126 IP   flag post
@DougTse Nice! Good work on the partnership. I agree that collaboration is the key. That way no man/woman gets left behind
Post 127 IP   flag post
@DougTse Hi Doug, Beautiful video presentation and well said and for collaborating and turning an issue into a solution! Yes collaboration is A W E S O M E. So glad to hear you came out on top. Thanks for sharing
Post 128 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@DougTse I'd pay for a video like that. That was so well done, well paced, and is such a great marketing tool.
Post 129 IP   flag post
PedroAvilez private msg quote post Address this user
@DougTse, this isva very nice video. Simple, usefull and focus. Congrats.
Post 130 IP   flag post
101723 133 30