Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 1,001 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,924 Page Views | 18,799 Unique Visitors | 24 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

High-end VR more accessible than ever4993

Putten NLD
DannyBasting private msg quote post Address this user
If you've been wanting to get in to high-end Virtual reality, now might be the right time to do so.

Oculus currently has an amazing 6 week price drop on the Oculus Rift + touch bundle for only $399,- USD, making high-end VR more accessible than ever.

Furthermore, steamVR for MacOS is now in beta. While I myself am not a big Apple fan at all, I am very exciting to see them starting to support VR. Whenever Apple get behind something, it will usually have a big impact on the market.

While we are still in the early stages when it comes to VR, products like my own interactive VR visualizations (video below), will drastically improve when high-end VR becomes more mainstream. I am confidant that the developments mentioned above will contribute to that. Once you've experienced high-end VR on either Oculus Rift or Vive, you're hooked.

Are you guys as excited about VR as I am?

Post 1 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
I'm more excited for ARKit and an installed base of 100 milllion at launch of iOS 11 in September.
Post 2 IP   flag post
nat_vanveen private msg quote post Address this user
I also can't wait for ARKit!

@dannybasting Your solutions are super cool!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user
@dannybasting you do awesome work!
@trustedphotodc I hear you about ARkit. I think there are good cases for each technology. The 100M installed base is an automatic win for Apple
Post 4 IP   flag post
Putten NLD
@Tosolini thank you, so do you

The ARkit doesn't realy compair to VR. While VR and mixed reality are both amazing, they can (and should) be implemented in different ways. That being said, I can think of some amazing implementations for ARkit.

For example: walk in to an empty space, put in some virtual furniture, maybe even a different flooring material. Walk around in it to get a feel for the layout, and perhaps capture a panorama of the space with the virtual objects on top of the real world. Share it on social media while you're at it

All very exciting developments and possibilities.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@DannyBasting while the $399 is a win on price, don't forget the VR ready dongle(gamer PC)that is needed to run Rift or Steam.

ARKit will also be the framework for VR on iOS, so I would would disagree that ARKit doesn't compare to VR, rather how the framework is implemented and to which medium, will create the experience.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Putten NLD
Oh I wasn't aware of that. Only seen mixed reality demo's so far.

So it will basicly be Apple's mobile VR platform as well? Sounds cool.

As of today, the mobile VR experiences don't compaire to the Rift and Vive either, but since I haven't seen any VR content for the ARkit, I can't make any statements on that. I'll make sure to do some research on it!

Do you perhaps know of any good examples where they showcase VR?
Post 7 IP   flag post
It's been a firehose of AR examples.

Here is a VR example
Post 8 IP   flag post
Putten NLD
Hmm interesting..

The example you posted does seem to require an HTC Vive though. Not sure yet on how the 2 are connected or whatever it is, that is going on there from a technical point of view, but I'll make sure to look in to it.

Thank you for sharing.
Post 9 IP   flag post
101717 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?