Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AirBnBMarketingReal EstateScansSell

Air BnB - and Matterport4973

SpencerLasky private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone know if Air BnB can host or handle a matterport scan? I've been asked by a person wanting to do that for their listing but I think you can't put in links?

I'm just wondering how this works with Airbnb. Do you have a relationship with them? How do guests view the 3D site if you can't post a link on the Airbnb site?
Thanks!
Post 1 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
Nope ... as of now they do NOT support us...
or not to my knowledge...
Post 2 IP   flag post
MP2FP
Floor Plans
Bangkok THA
mp2fp private msg quote post Address this user
There's a beta program called sonoma select, they made certain branding adaptations for this, but it started at least a year ago from what I can remember. I don't know where it's at right now, but it would surely be greater news than the streetview integration so we can only hope.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
@mp2fp You are absolutely right about out being bigger than GSV. If Homeaway and VRBO would cooperate, I might be able to retire from the proceeds! This seems to be pretty low hanging fruit for Matterport..i frankly don't understand why they can't help make this happen.
Post 4 IP   flag post
MP2FP
Floor Plans
Bangkok THA
@Chemistrydoc it's not happening because Matterport is quite frankly a microbusiness compared to these huge portals. The decision making process in corporate companies is usually what kills 80% of innovation.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Hum that's unfortunate - I will pursue a work around, offering the B&B a page so they can send prospective customers to view as an add on, but of course the customers would have to contact them - I'm sure that is not what Air B&B wants but not sure why they would not open up the page to a link option. What I find about trying to work with real estate is they basically review the work once and then go buy the machine so your really doing demo for them - at least here in NYC. Any other suggestions? Yes this is a perfect niche for these folks because they only have the one apartment or so and they won't want to buy a camera - just need to get this approved and embraced by the Air BnB and other folks.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
I'm not as familiar with the AirBnB platform as I an with VRBO. Does it allow use of YouTube videos?
Post 7 IP   flag post
I don't believe it allows links. So my work around is to tell the client to "offer more info and 3D model by contacting them" I'm not sure if air bnb folks are allowed to use wordage like that - does anyone know?
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
As long as you don't provide an actual link in the description, you are probably ok. VRBO allows a YouTube video as long as it doesn't show any phone numbers or linkz.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
They've yanked the Matterport hooks from their code last time I bothered checking.

I feel that AirBNB and Zillow want a hefty $$$ fee from Matterport to include their content, despite the fact that they should be the ones paying as the inclusion of Matterport Tours would be a major boom to their business and their customers.

There's really no reason why they don't include them.

Matterport HAS jumped through so many hoops to improve load time for SEO purposes for these listing sites to accept them. There HAVE been internal conversations on the affect of embedded tours and SEO. I do not know any of the specifics, just that these conversations have happened and that loadtime was a critical hangup. From what little I know, I think that the entire conversation is silly as direct embedding is not the only way to handle it -- a clickable thumbnail works better with an tour an overlay. I made my Wordpress Plugin do this.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
And there's REALLY no excuse for VRBO/Homeaway not to do that!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
clickable textI think this video explains a lot.
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
@Gerhard - Adam is Awesome! Can't wait to see more from that guy.

@Metroplex360 - I love the plugin you offer. Eliminates sharing the direct Matterport link. It's a great feature for those of you using Wordpress. Get it!

Last I saw with clients is along the lines described above. No links
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Spencerlasky
@Chemistrydoc

Is this a workaround for you?
https://www.we-get-around.com/vacation-vision

Dan
Post 14 IP   flag post
MP2FP
Floor Plans
Bangkok THA
@DanSmigrod Who is Vacation Vision, I haven´t noticed this portal before. I have a few vacation rentals in Croatia that I could be interested in publishing.
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@mp2fp

I will invite Premium Forum Member and Founder of Vacation.Vision to post here

In the mean time ...

Dan

Post 16 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Spencerlasky

Architectural Digest (11 July 2017) Airbnb to launch higher-end luxury service in late 2017

"According to Bloomberg’s sources, the new product will allow guests to select from high-end properties that have been pre-vetted for quality by Airbnb inspectors. In return, the company will offer these special hosts access to perks like professional photographers, interior design consultations, and more, keeping quality standard and rates high."

Dan

P.S. ....

AirBnB Contract Listing Photographer
Freelance Photography For AirBnB
Post 17 IP   flag post
Standard
Windsor, UK
leonvanzweel private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod There is company active in London doing what Airbnb proposes. Plumguide clickable text
Post 18 IP   flag post
VacationVision private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the intro Dan. I'm fully immersed in the vacation rental management game and VRBO is making some drastic changes that are affecting the way guests book rentals and disrupting the industry. The biggest change that will go into effect next month is that they are forcing all rental owners/managers to communicate with potential guests via their messaging portal and redacting all email addresses, phone numbers, web links, etc. to force guests to book via the portal and ensure they get their booking fee. In simple terms, owners/managers will no longer receive the guest email and phone number until after the booking is confirmed.

I created Vacation.Vision as a booking channel for vacation rental owners and managers to showcase their 3D tours as well as youtube/vimeo videos and support them showing off their own company. A lot of managers use sites that are not easily editable or do not support 3D tours and Vacation.Vision can be the way for these companies to showcase their property while still showing rates/availability and syncing their calendar via iCal integration. Instead of collecting a percentage, it's a listing site that supports global rentals and has a messaging platform built into the backend. All Basic, Standard, and Premium members of We Get Around get 1 free listing per client they have.

I think you'll see a major change in vacation rental managers/owners not using 3D tours because of VRBO and AirBnB not supporting them. Instead, owners/managers will start using 3D tours to build their own brand and become Listing Site Independent. It's much more cost-effective for owners/managers to drive bookings via their own website (no additional fees, better guest experience/service) so they don't have to continue to change their own business processes because of changes these booking sites are making and holding their business hostage.
Post 19 IP   flag post
MP2FP
Floor Plans
Bangkok THA
@VacationVision how many listings do you currently have on the portal and how many monthly visitors are you attracting ?
Post 20 IP   flag post
VacationVision private msg quote post Address this user
@mp2fp I have been working full-time in the vacation rental management arena and not necessarily focused on it for a few months since it wasn't taking off like I had hoped. Now that VRBO continues to make all of these changes, owners and managers are starting to explore other options so I am starting to work on it again. I only have 3 properties listed on there but traffic has peaked just above 1,000 unique viewers in the month of June with an average session length of 2 minutes and 37 seconds with no paid marketing or promotion of the site besides the We Get Around Network.
Post 21 IP   flag post
I just came across this on a airbnb message board I'm on un the heading of - it's here! I was almost going to jump up on and down however this does not seem to be "it's here" however what do you folks make of this - I'll try to find out info as well [redacted]
Post 22 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Spencerlasky

This is a Matterport Service Provider aggregating Matterport Service Providers to pitch hospitality spaces.

Their company name implies that it is related to airbnb. It's not.

Dan
Post 23 IP   flag post
101436 23 23
This topic is archived. Start new topic?