Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 473 Unique Visitors
9,024 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 40,828 Page Views | 20,383 Unique Visitors | 46 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Insta360 One XInsta360 Pro

Anybody played with the Insta360 Pro?4958

Portland, Oregon
Jake private msg quote post Address this user
Curious what you guys think about this thing.

https://www.insta360.com/product/insta360-pro/
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Jake

I got to see the Insta360 Pro while I was at the 2017 Google Street View Summit in Tokyo in May (2017).

I did not get to play with it.

Here's the Insta360 Pro presentation at the Summit:

Video: Insta360 at Google Street View Summit

Best,

Dan

P.S. They are shipping now ...
Post 2 IP   flag post
Bale100 private msg quote post Address this user
I took delivery a few days ago to offer something in parallel to matterport & drones that could be used in a live environment.

Well made camera, presented in a Peli style hard case.

Testing over the next week at various venues to create short VR videos; roof top bar live DJ, luxury villa presentation, Beach Club event.

Main benefit of this camera vs Gopro omni (when comparing six lenses that work as one) is in camera stitching at 4k to create 360 video in monoscopic or sterescopic ie 3D.

At 8k, stitching needs to happen in post and you need a powerful computer; i7 processor, 1080 graphics card 8gb memory + 16GB RAM.

Difficult to find in laptops other than bulkly gaming machines so mobile capability is reduced to 4k. Remember 4k in 360 is like 1080.

Will post some links of footage in a few weeks once I have created some examples.

Easy to control via mobile app or computer app.

Requires lots of storage space - will burn through a 64GB SD card with less than an hour of footage at 4k - high speed sd card v30 rating e.g. Scan disc extreme pro > v30 speed rating.

Main drawback so far is exposure - possible to adjust ISO & shutter speed, but no nd filters or aperture controls means over exposed images in sunny environments or loss of quality when increasing ISO.

Better than Matterport on 360 stills, but still not quite a panacea.

I personally appreciate that 360 is evolving, but many clients are unforgiving and immediately expect DSLR quality.

Best regards,

Richard
Post 3 IP   flag post
Portland, Oregon
Jake private msg quote post Address this user
@Bale100 Thanks for the detailed update!

My main purpose will be photo spheres that I can input into Kolor Panotour Pro and build virtual tours for large venues. I'm trying to avoid the time-consuming setup of multiple shots with a DSLR and pano head.

I wasn't originally looking for a video setup, but I definitely have some clients that would drool over the possibility of some HD 360 footage.

Thanks again for your thoughts.
Post 4 IP   flag post
One thought I had for Real Estate was 2-3 min walk through 360 videos in 4k or *8k (*if you have the patience and computing power to stitch in post).

The Insta360 pro has built in image stabilisation, however if you add a 360 Gimbal this should improve things further.

http://www.gudsen.com/moza-air-360.html

Ideally I want smooth 360 videos without the human operator showing in the footage - not sure if anyone has any ideas on how to achieve this (edit our operator below Gimbal with a large logo mat) or use a remote controlled car with mounted Gimbal to steer the Gimbal / camera around the property.

The Insta360 Pro is ~1388g which is the same weight as a Dji phantom 4 pro drone - so too heavy to mount on a prosumer drone.

Professional drones are too big to fly at ground level within properties.

Any thoughts?

Regards,

Richard
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

@Bale100

Inspiration

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
Ha ha....Hopefully I'm not going to be the guy walking around luxury Villas wearing the helmet.

Ideally looking for a solution that will support 360 camera weighting 1.3kg / 2.86lbs, with image stabilisation (ideally a Gimbal) and ability to move it slowly and smoothly around a property whilst shooting 360 video @ 4k.

No human showing or at least ability to edit out operator as a logo mat.

Regards
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Bale100

You would look great in a helmet

I have been searching for a 360º gimbal for at least a year. Ideally, it has a small footprint - gimbal in a pole - rather than using existing gimbals that would be prominent in 360º video.

The photographer in me says, "I do not want to be in the video." The marketer in me says either, "Walk with the agent with the 360º video camera between me and the agent. Agent tells the story of the space. I ask questions, as needed. The potential buyer is focused on the tour: not the gear."

While I have not done a 360º video - as I described above - I plan to start asking clients if they would like to do this.

The Insta360 Air and Insta360 Nano use the smartphone as the stabilizer.

Please keep us posted on locating a gimbal for a 360º video camera.

And, feel free to start a new thread reviewing the Insta360 Pro. The We Get Around Network Forum Community would find that very helpful (including your workflow).

Best,

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
There is a 360 Gimbal available now for the smaller 360 cameras - check weight and supported cameras on manufacturers website:

http://www.gudsen.com/store-mini-360.html

For larger heavier 360 cameras, the following Gimbal is due to ship late July.

http://www.gudsen.com/moza-air-360.html

Both of these options will be available on Amazon and I believe that the lightweight option is already shipping.

Regards
Post 9 IP   flag post
http://www.gudsen.com/moza-mini-360.html
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Bale100

Wow! Super-cool!

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
Thanks...

In approx 10 days I'll create a thread for the Insta360 Pro.... Planning to work with various clients to create relevant examples of 360 video footage; Real Estate, Events, Hospitality etc. I can then share some of these including the workflow.

Regards

Richard
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Bale100

Awesome!

Thanks SO much!

Dan
Post 13 IP   flag post
Here's the link from a team that built their own RC car to suppprt a VR camera - notes where they purchased parts

http://360labs.net/blog/how-we-built-rovr-our-remote-operated-vr-camera-platform

Group members may find this interesting if they're considering 360 VR tours

Regards

Richard
Post 14 IP   flag post
SiteTour360 private msg quote post Address this user
@Bale100 -

Thanks for sharing the info! Did you order directly from Insta360?...I have that camera on pre-order from 3 different vendors and none have an expected ship date yet.

I like what you have to say about the Insta360 pro, except the problems in sunlight...one of my applications for the camera would involve updating Street View imagery....that could be a problem if sunlight is to much of an issue.

Did you also look at the ZCam S1 or ZCam S1Pro?

Keep us posted!! Regards, Mike
Post 15 IP   flag post
Ordered direct from Insta360.

There were some delays, but this is expected when a tech company launches a new product as firmware etc has to be constantly updated to move towards a stable environment.

Part of my tests will involve different scenes; sunny beach club, night view roof terrace, villa internal, terraces & pool etc. to get a feel for the camera's sweet spot & limitations. Maybe the initial exposure drawbacks can be overcome with slightly more patience and experience.

For me the zcam s1 is well positioned in its bracket. But stitching in post is an overhead and the fact that Insta360 Pro can stitch whilst shooting at 4k resolution is a big plus as it allows the Prosumer to efficiently create VR content.

I think the real game changer on these cameras is when you have DSLR like controls and configurations; aperture, nd filters + being able to configure each lens appropriately whilst still allowing the software to accurately take care of the stitching without compromising quality.

Maybe the zcam s1 pro could be a step closer to providing greater exposure control with its more sophisticated image sensor.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Thanks! I look forward to hearing more.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Standard
Windsor, UK
leonvanzweel private msg quote post Address this user

I've come across this motorized dolly designed for 360 video capture. Payload 5lbs. Remote control via iphone on the dolly also acting as the camera eye for navigation.

More info at: http://www.doublerobotics.com/360.html
Post 18 IP   flag post
Hello @bale100 - Any additional news or feedback on insta360 pro? Thanks!
Post 19 IP   flag post
srennick private msg quote post Address this user
Just to add my limited experience to the thread...
I had a phone meeting this past week with an Emmy award winning production company that creates world class virtual reality, augmented reality, and mixed reality content experiences that has done some work in my area. We talked about partnership opportunities(he had never heard of Matterport)and he told me to get a insta360 pro(commercial version, not consumer, 3,000 USD).
Post 20 IP   flag post
@srennick - thanks! I'm supposed to get mine in a couple weeks...I'll update with thoughts/comments soon after that.
Post 21 IP   flag post
101274 21 21
This topic is archived. Start new topic?