Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceVirtual Reality

Samsung Phone for Gear VR4930

AndrewWilliam23 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi there,

I'm setting a demo for clients to show offer Matterport spaces. I have various versions of Google Glass(Homido, etc) and some of the other portable viewers. I'm a long time Apple person - I want to get the lowest end Samsung phone/device that will best show off the capabilities of the Gear VR. I won't be using it as a phone. Of course I can get the Samsung 8 - but that seems overkill for a demo only phone.
Post 1 IP   flag post
LetMe3D private msg quote post Address this user
Samsung Galaxy S6 - Ebay, bought mine for the same reason. A refurbed under 150 you should be good to go.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@AndrewWilliam23

Matterport supports the following smartphones for Samsung Gear VR:

✓ Galaxy S8 series
✓ Galaxy S7 series
✓ Galaxy S6 series
✓ Galaxy Note5

While I use a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge - I do not recommend the Edge because of "light leaks" when viewing (because of the bevel edge).

(I do not use my Samsung phone for phone calls.)

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@AndrewWilliam23

Related Forum Discussion:

Matterport Virtual Reality (VR) 101: Jump In

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
I woundn't bother. ARKit enabled apps in iOS 11 will change everything in 2 months. With an installed base of 100 million users, out of the box, Apple is looking to steamroll ahead of Google. (Tango 25-50k?)

Viewing in AR of MP .obj exports with iOS 11 beta is satisfactory now for development and higher quality models will be incredible. AR will let you place your MP Space on a table, spin it around zoom in, pinch out, all from the iOS device you already have in your hand.
Post 5 IP   flag post
AndrewWilliam23 private msg quote post Address this user
@TrustedPhotoDC Thanks for the tip. Saves me from investing the Android world for now. I keep up with the VR industry - so I've been hearing about that. Very exciting. My favorite podcaster in that field is Kent Bye's at http://voicesofvr.com I've listened to a few hundred of his podcasts...he gets interviews with all the top people in that field.
Post 6 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
@andrewwilliams23 checkout this early demo with ARKit and a model room.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101429 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?