Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
PricingPro1Pro2

Dropping like a Rock? More like a Meteor!4871

Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
hometakes private msg quote post Address this user
Just searched on eBay for 'Sold listings' on the Matterport Camera.

Naturally, I expected the price of a used camera to drop, but not as quickly as it has. Its been just a couple of days since the first adopters of the new cameras have received them. Is this fast drop due to the fact that the new cameras have been getting good reviews on this forum? Does the faster speed in which it takes to Scan a house have anything to do with it (aside from the other added features)?

So here are the prices. From June 1st to June 20th, Approximate Average price of a used camera was selling for around $2500.

In the last couple of days, there have been 5 Sales. 2 for $1600, 1 for $1500, one for $1499 and wait for it...........
One for just $1299 (reportedly working just fine).

Thoughts?
Post 1 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
you pays your money, you takes your choice.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport should buy some of those to refurbish and sell 😁
Post 3 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
GlennTremain private msg quote post Address this user
Apple sells refurbished ....why not?
Post 4 IP   flag post
LewisBishop private msg quote post Address this user
It would be nice if we could pay to have old camera upgraded.
Post 5 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
What a noble though, refurbish existing cameras. I wish Matterport would have though about that. Or the catch will be buy new get hook and refurbish older cameras at a higher rate, so they win again.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
They are stubbornly refusing to consider doing this. I have two cameras, both purchased in the fall of 2016. Both now have minimal resale value thanks to MP. They never seen to consider the ripple effects of any decision that they make. The only hope is that the prices may rise after this first wave works its way through. Very poorly planned and executed roll out, unless they really don't care about MSPs.... then it makes perfect sense.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
hometakes private msg quote post Address this user
Last Sale on June 24th [2017], $1525.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
I agree with you all. But remember this is technology. Its like when you buy a laptop. As soon as you take it out off the shop it's outdated and the price starts to drop. How would you work out the depreciation of your camera and have you broken even and showing a profit after year 1 or 2.

Think about professional photographers whose gear can run into the thousands. How long do they take to breakeven? Yes they can use their gear longer but with photography, it's not so much about the gear (Yes I know pros are going to say, get good glass makes all the difference) but the person hitting shutter button the artistic eye.

So for us, it's our gear and secondly the "monkey with banana" pushing the button because it's so "easy". So we will have to start facing the music and realize with tech you are always behind. Looks like they are moving away from the old model off opening up your PC ripping out some guts and replacing with new faster fresh intestines and veins to boost the system. Shiny, New and improved always sounds better than replace what's needed come on its just money. So let's see if they don't want to help or get a new program to assist with upgrades. And if MSP's will stop dropping their pricing on their services at a [redacted race] flea market trying to wheel and deal and not losing business and maintaining high standards of work and professionalism. Then all could bin the old Pro and purchase new Pro 2 Super Edition, but it's also our own fault need to market more as Matterport is not getting the Showcases in the consumer's hands turning a I want into a need

But read these words from a very clever business man:

"EVERYTHING IS WORTH WHAT PEOPLE ARE WILLING TO PAY" - Andrea Guerra CEO, Luxottica
Post 9 IP   flag post
Namecomingsoon private msg quote post Address this user
It is not at all like buying a laptop. Its not something everyone needs or everyone buys- it's a total niche. The sales pitch just a half year ago was "We are literally losing money at this price ($3900)- but they want to get the technology out there. We're constantly improving the features and all you need to do is update it, if we do come out with a new camera we will have something where perhaps you can send in your old camera to have it updated...or perhaps a buyback but we are sure it's something all existing customers will be very happy with." - Things didn't work out that way at all from my perspective.
This is business, it is what it is, but I don't understand defending Matterport and I very much regret the timing of my purchase- just before prices started dropping.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
@namecomingsoon , the references to a laptop was just an example. This is the way all technologies work. I share the frustration the same as the next guy. Yes I agree we were told that we "maybe" would be able to upgrade our old cameras. But really what does that sentence mean. How long is a piece of string?

The prices dropping was the writing on the wall that we either ignored or could not see.

But complaining is not helping our cause. In the meantime, you have a working camera and you can do business. The improvements are good but not a deal breaker. Just remember websites and mobile devices scale down the image size and quality. A lot of people don't have 4K devices and really how many of your clients print their pictures? I gave images to a big realtor company edited and they compared it to the listing pictures they took. They could not believe it came from the tour and was impressed. So not all is doom and gloom. If you own an iPhone 6 that you bought 3 months before the new Keynote for the 7 , yes I understand we always want what's new and "better". But the old phone still does almost the same as the new one. It is a tricky situation we are in. But I have learned to use what you have and you will succeed.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Namecomingsoon private msg quote post Address this user
@Gerhard agreed. I'm thrilled with the product, the customer experience just leaves a lot to be desired. I just feel like a dummy because like you said- the writing WAS on the wall. Live and learn.
Post 12 IP   flag post
101641 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?