Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Wish List

MatterTags HEX Code to Match Brand Colors?4857

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

A Member reached out to me with three questions. I answer them below.

Dan

Q1. Can they place the Matterport images directly to their website (as they’ve done previously with their own images)?
Answer: If they previously placed images with iFrame embed code, then the answer is yes. If they previously hosted their own tours, the answers is no. Matterport requires its cloud-hosted solution. The only exception is tours downloaded to the Matterport Showcase app that enables offline viewing.

Q2. Can they graphically add/Photoshop “company posters” onto the blank wall space?
Answer: The short answer is No. The long answer is - if Matterport allowed this. While it is technically possible, as some Developers - including @Metroplex360 has demonstrated in a proof of concept - Matterport does not allow this. They consider it a violation of their Terms of Service. If they catch you/your client doing this, I could imagine that they would close your Matterport cloud hosting account.

Q3. Can the Mattertags be modified to match their “red circle and plus” tags?
Answer: Sweet idea. Since Matterport reads every word of the forum - we'll simply note this as a "wish list" item. Seems like allowing Pros to select the HEX color would be a nice feature to help with corporate/large brands. (You might reach out to Matterport Support and suggest your use case as a great beta.)
Post 1 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
Oh yes, mattertags with different colors would be cool. And Mattertags in CoreVR are also on top of my wishlist.

Mattertags could have different colors to give users better orientation. Users can then identify links to other MP spaces or links to videos, images or other websites.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Phil1228 private msg quote post Address this user
Our organization would love to be able to customize the Mattertags in order to show our customers different options.

With regard to Question 2, we want to be able to place accurately scaled multimedia content on a wall (think of a TV screen with content playing) for proposals. With 40+ cameras working and 20-40 models a day being uploaded we would be more than willing to be part of any beta test that moved in that direction.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@MeshImages @Phil1228

I could imagine different color MatterTags would add huge value in the AEC space too: a different color for each layer of infrastructure.

@Phil1228 With 40 Matterport Pro1 3D Cameras, will you be trading some or all in for the Pro2 series?

Best,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
Phil1228 private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod,

We're not planning on upgrading. The Pro1's that we have meet our current and projected needs. The higher resolution stills are great, but not something our projects would benefit from.

Phil
Post 5 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
@Phil1228 40 Cameras! Wowzers...

Can I inquire as to what your main business source is? Real estate? AEC (Architecture/Engineering/Construction)? Small businesses? Hospitality? Insurance? Travel?

20-40 models a day is very commendable.

I thought 2-3 per day was pretty good
Post 6 IP   flag post
Property3dNZ private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod Mattertags with different colours is something I'm regularly asked for particularly by the Auckland War Memorial Museum!
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Property3dNZ

How would you use the different colors for the museum?

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod

I work a lot with the education department of the museum. We have done scans of different exhibition spaces that they use for teaching.
The idea is the kids go into the gallery look around then they go back to the classrooms where they then supply each child with an iPad. The kids can then virtually go back into the gallery and look for particular items etc to complete the educational tasks that are set.
They have varying age groups though so different things are taught to different groups. Consequently we have had to create multiple copies of the scans (and pay the hosting for these) where as if they had the option for different coloured mattertags they would be able to have the different age groups look for that particular colour!

They are looking at making these educational programme's available to other schools outside of the Auckland region so to have those different colours would again help teachers easily identify what points of interest are applicable to their age group of kids.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Property3dNZ

what a great use case for enabling Matterport Pros to change the HEX code for a MatterTag.

Can you share your Auckland War Memorial Museum Matterport Space here to show how the Museum is presently using MatterTags?

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod

Thanks Dan - we did discuss it in depth with MP quite some time ago (the people we discussed it with no longer work there!).

Unfortunately I'm not able to share the copy they use however we have a "copy" that we use for some presentations - I feel like I may have shared it some time ago....
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Property3dNZ

Thank you for sharing it again (in this context).

So here's the pitch Matterport - (we know you reading every word) - by enabling adding HEX code (Perhaps in a new Pro Mode), you can:

sell more Cameras in AEC, education and museums (to name a few verticals)
increase processing (great use cases in these verticals
increase hosting (these three verticals are ongoing - versus real estate for sale that get removed)
increase satisfaction of Matterport Pro community - another selling point (and potential up-sell for implementation)
Great PR (helping making learning fun)
Sweet for CoreVR implementation too

What do you say? ( You can PM me )

Best,

Dan
MatterBaby-in-Chief
Post 12 IP   flag post
3SixtyNow private msg quote post Address this user
It would be nice if MatterTags would pulse or something like that so the "technically challenged" would know that you can click on them. I've had several people tell me they didn't realize they were clickable.
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@3SixtyNow

Great observation, though I believe the tactics for "fixing" - always pulsing - would not be my first choice.

Perhaps:

1. Option to have pulsing always off
2. pulsing only the first 30 seconds of tour
3. pulsing only for the first time the user looks at any Matterport tour

Other thoughts about how Matterport could help guide the newbie into the experience?

Dan
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Looked like Matterport read every word of this post - and acted on it

Custom Colors for MatterTags are LIVE!!!!

Dan
Post 15 IP   flag post
101436 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?