Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 40 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Multiple Floors

Houses on a hill, and floor ordering4835

dtavres private msg quote post Address this user
I just shot a 3-story house. The front door, the garages, and the street are located on the "first" floor. Then there are two more floors that go down the side of the hill (~5,000 sq. ft.)

So, is the front door, garage and the street considered the "1st floor" in Matterport?

From my reading, it sounds like the bottom floor should be marked as "1st floor" - but that is confusing to the Realtor (and probably others.)

How have you all done it?
Post 1 IP   flag post
MP2FP
Floor Plans
Bangkok THA
mp2fp private msg quote post Address this user
Do you mean how they are ordered in the capture app or how they are ordered in the finished showcase ?

How you name and order floors in the capture app is just a visual reference for when you´re scanning. When the 3D model is rendering the floors are created based on the captured data showing floor to ceiling. Hence you´ll sometimes find that floors with mezzanines, large stairwells etc. (i.e. har to interpret what are ceilings) will show up as "one floor" in the finished showcase.

If you´re just talking about naming the floors, you can do that in the workshop, under the list of all your scan points they are grouped in floors, click the floorname and you can rename it on the right hand side.

If I´ve completely misunderstood your question, I do apologise.

PS: Hey, on the subject of floors - check out our amazing floorplans starting at only $14 https://www.we-get-around.com/mp2fp (<- now that´s a shameless plug if I ever saw one... I´m almost embarassed
Post 2 IP   flag post
dtavres private msg quote post Address this user
Ahh, thanks... I didn't know if Matterport somehow processed the floors based on the floor label. If I understand your reply, it sounds like it should display as expected - plus I did not know that I can edit the labels in Workshop.

Thanks again,
Dave
Post 3 IP   flag post
MP2FP
Floor Plans
Bangkok THA
mp2fp private msg quote post Address this user
@dtavres No worries! It´ll be a bit hit and miss if the floors are displayed accurately. Sometimes you´ll find that if you view a single floor in multifloor dollhouse you´ll see the stairs extending upwards. i.e. the stairs might connect to one floor and one floor only. This is automatically generated so it will not help moving scans around in the capture app. -Robin Lycka
Post 4 IP   flag post
101421 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?