Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Artificial IntelligenceMachine LearningMagicMarketingVideo

Matterport Teaser Videos + GIF: Magical4820

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Video: Example of a Long Intro 480p video automatically created from a Matterport Spaces 3D tour powered by Matterport machine learning. Courtesy of Matterport

Hi All,

The announcement earlier this week - and first teased in the Matterport presentation at 2017 Google Street View Summit in Tokyo (10-11 May 2017), Matterport Teaser Videos - and GIFs - are magical (in many ways).

For context, "Teaser videos are short, 10-15 second animated teasers, created for each Space, showing off both an Inside View and the Dollhouse. As an added bonus, we are also providing smaller, shorter GIFs for each Space as well!," according to the Matterport Blog post, How Matterport leveraged deep learning to improve content creation and sharing. (published on Tuesday, 13 June 2017)

Below, you will see two videos and a GIF from a Matterport Spaces 3D Tour that We Get Around Associate Photographer and Architect @YairYepez scanned on Tuesday.

We Get Around sees these teaser videos - and GIF - as amazing, visual storytelling digital assets to help Matterport Service Providers succeed faster and agents to win more and bigger listings more often.

As San Diego Realtor and Matterport Service Provider, George Kenner (Forum Member: @GeorgeK ) shared with me, just 12 percent of real estate agents use video (source).

“Video has the highest perceived value from the search engines, and the highest interaction from the consumer," said says Realty ONE Group chief development and learning officer Burke Smith speaking at the National Association of REALTORS® Legislative Meetings & Trade Expo in Washington, D.C. in May 2017. "Don’t worry about having a bad hair day or the sound of your voice—people just care about the information.” (source).

As reported by RISMedia, RE/MAX Gateway Broker, Owner and President Scott MacDonald - also on the NAR panel said, “We’re tracking where we’re getting the most readership from and it’s videos. We’re doing 1-3 videos a week. You have to have a broad selection and appeal to the audience you’re going after in multiple ways.”

If you are a Matterport Pro - but not a professional videographer - Matterport makes it easy, fast and free to include video (and a GIF) in your bundle (or offer as an optional extra).

If you are a real estate agent, you now can now check-the-box for including video in your listing presentations.

Plus, Single Property Websites will continue to be a value-added, differentiator for Matterport Pros and real estate agents. Video is a great visual storytelling solution to include in a Single Property Website.

Plus, these Matterport teaser videos are perfect for social media (and the perfect length. You can't even share a video with Instagram that is over 60 seconds.

I could imagine that these digital assets - teaser videos and GIF - have a perceived value of $49 to $99 and potentially $149 (or more if you are populating social media channels for your clients (for many agents, they know they need to engage in social media and do not know where/how to begin).

When you do provide the video to your client, do not provide the .mp4 unless specifically asked. Post the video to to your YouTube or Vimeo channel. You'll get the SEO and your client will get the easy and fast use of the video in their social media channels.

From a marketing perspective, easy, fast and free video from Matterport of all Matterport Spaces since mid-May is magical.

Just to say on on par with other Matterport Service providers, as I wrote here earlier in the week, your bundle must include:

✓ Matterport Spaces 3D Tour
✓ Matterport Spaces VR Tour
✓ 2D Floor Plans
✓ Video
✓ GIF
✓ Single Property Website
✓ Images

From a technology perspective, we should pause a moment to honor the vision computing engineers at Matterport that have figured out how to use artificial intelligence - machine learning - to automate the creation of these videos.

Think about it. The computer recognizes the kitchen. Decides the best Point of View to do a "pan" of the "camera"...

This is simply ... magical.

As I previously written, exponential growth is coming to Matterport powered by the data that the Matterport Camera captures.

Matterport to explode (in a good way)

It's the data that makes the following possible:

✓ publishing to Google Street View (in an experiential way that is better than cameras that just shoot 360º photos)
✓ Matterport dollhouse view
✓ Matterport VR
✓ Matterport 2D Floor Plans
✓ Matterport API/SDK
✓ Matterport videos
✓ Matterport GIFs
✓ MatterTags
✓ Rich Media MatterTags
✓ other?

In this We Get Around Network Forum discussion, I give a "far out" perspective on how machine learning mashed up with Matterport Spaces and Matterport APIs/SDKs can solve (really) big problems.

I could imagine that next up for the Matterport visual computing magicians is automatically generating SnapShots and then automatically generating a Highlights reel.

I can't wait for the future of Matterport to arrive.

I continue to be amazing and excited about The Magic of Matterport.

Are you as excited as I am about Matterport Teaser Videos and GIFs?

Best,

Dan

In Workshop (We Get Around Atlanta)

Video: Matterport Teaser Video 1 of 3 (Beta) | We Get Around Atlanta Matterport Spaces 3D Tour | Matterport File Name: xrPcm9LSw8X - LONG INTRO - 480p MP4 |
Matterport Spaces 3D Tour Scanned by We Get Around Associate Photographer @YairYepez

Video: Matterport Teaser Video 2 of 3 (Beta) | We Get Around Atlanta Matterport Spaces 3D Tour | Matterport File Name: xrPcm9LSw8X - SHORT INTRO - 480p MP4 |
Matterport Spaces 3D Tour Scanned by We Get Around Associate Photographer @YairYepez

GIF | SHORT INTRO - 320x240 GIF

[GIF File too Big for the Forum. We'll Get that Fixed]
Post 1 IP   flag post
immersiveprop private msg quote post Address this user
These teaser videos are great. Any indication if the Pro2 will have higher res videos?
Post 2 IP   flag post
StevenHattan private msg quote post Address this user
I was at a scan the other day and saw the new updates at the property. I'm really excited with this new development as I've been asked on many occasions to 'make a video'. This is something that I can certainly add to create value to my customer base.

I still have learning/research to do but on the surface it's very exciting.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by immersiveprop
These teaser videos are great. Any indication if the Pro2 will have higher res videos?

Same.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
I noticed the Teaser Videos are listed as "Teaser Videos (BETA)" Would you say Beta is the Free version, or could there be more to come before years end?

With our older tours not showing the option of "Teaser Videos (beta)", What are the chances of our older tours gaining the ability to download teasers in the near future? Would be nice to know we don't have to block out a day to go back into old backups of our tours not currently on our Ipad. Then reload all of our old tours, just to get them to show back up in Showcase with Teaser Videos (beta). Anyone heard anything on this?
Post 5 IP   flag post
RobV private msg quote post Address this user
Longer Teaser Videos would help us win work, agents have a love affair with videos.

I know we can create videos, but it would be great if Matterport had 30 and 60 second video walk throughs.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Standard
Windsor, UK
leonvanzweel private msg quote post Address this user
I would do the following:
Slow the pans down and linger a bit between the shots for the human eye to adjust to the new shot. I would not add the same room from a different angle, rather add a different room/s. Could extend the length of the video up to 60secs(instagram max) depending on a number of rooms.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101436 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?