Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360eBlastsGIFsPro1Pro2

360 Pano Downloads, Teaser Videos, SQFT4800

Standard
Raleigh, NC
newview private msg quote post Address this user
Personally I'm looking forward to seeing the results of the GIA addition to the floor plans.
@Metroplex360 have you had a preview of this to see how accurate it may be?
Post 26 IP   flag post
Orange, California
craigsauer private msg quote post Address this user
So far I'm unimpressed with several of the teaser videos that I've looked at on my models. The starting pano choice and viewing angle seem pretty random, not some ideal "based on deep learning". If they hadn't said that in the press release, I would have assumed they just picked a random pano, random viewing angle, panned a bit, jumped out to the dollhouse, and back into to another random pano.

But then I looked at a few more and the panos choice and viewing angle seemed much better than random. So it may be a little hit or miss.

However, the video is very smooth and the quality is good. I'll definitely use these when they are good!
Post 27 IP   flag post
immersiveprop private msg quote post Address this user
It has been a while since I reprocessed a MP tour. Do they still create a new URL if I were to do a tour before May? I have clients that one the teaser but the URL change will create a lot of work on their end.
Post 28 IP   flag post
JC3DCX private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, they create a new URL, but I think you can ask support to swap out the model's URL.

It seems that the video is taken from the centre or close to the centre of the model,
Post 29 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@immersiveprop

If you use WP3D Models, you can substitute a Matterport Spaces 3D Tour, and the URL you gave the client does not change. (Free use of WP3D Models with a Standard Membership | 40+ Membership Benefits | www.JoinStandardard.com

@JC3DCX

Really? Matterport will "swap-out" a model so that the URL remains the same? First time I am hearing this. Urban legend or you have actually done this? (Or, has someone had Matterport do this for them?)

If Matterport Support does this, I am surprised that they have not enabled this in Workshop. That would be sweet Or, perhaps one of the Developers in the We Get Around Network Forum Community could create a utility that does this?

Best,

Dan
Post 30 IP   flag post

@DanSmigrod Don't know if it can be done that's why I said "... but I think you can ask" meaning he should reach out to support and ask what they can do,

Would love the function to keep the same URL from Matterport,
Post 31 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@JC3DCX

Ah! Thanks for clarifying. As far as I know, the answer is no. Matterport will not "swap-out" a model to keep the same URL.

I hope I am wrong on this Can you shoot an email to Matterport Support and ask?

As far as I know, the only solution is WP3D Models. At We Get Around Atlanta, we typically deliver the Matterport Space to the client as an "early draft" even though we are in the midst of reprocessing the model to then create the Highlights reel, etc.

This keeps the client moving forward with the URL (that will not change) ...

Dan
Post 32 IP   flag post
That's the reason I also use WP3D models and the one-page websites. Clients just love that.

I will drop MP an email and find out,
Post 33 IP   flag post
lisahinson private msg quote post Address this user
@JC3DCX @DanSmigrod -> I inquired with Matterport Support re: swapping out the model's URL and Dan is correct; it cannot be done.
Post 34 IP   flag post
immersiveprop private msg quote post Address this user
I wasn't able to use WP3D for these due to how the client is using these virtual tours.

In thinking about how to get the teaser videos without changing the link, I am going to recreate the virtual tours and download the teaser videos but not send the new link out. Since the old link will still exist, I can just download the videos then remove the newly created tours. Since I am only after the teaser for older tours, this should work.

Anyone see any issues with this approach before I go down this rabbit hole?
Post 35 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@immersiveprop

Great workaround. No downside. Please let us know if this works. And, can we send you 298 Matterport Spaces 3D Tours to do the same?

Dan
Post 36 IP   flag post
Have done it already a few days previously and it works 100%, :-)

Just the time to upload, wait for the model and then download the 2x vids and 1 gif.

just change something small on the model and then you'll be able to upload again,
Post 37 IP   flag post
101436 37 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?