Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceBusiness PlanPricingTips

Contacted by other company for scans4783

3SixtyNow private msg quote post Address this user
I was recently contacted by a large photography company in California that needs Matterport scans for their clients in my area that are requesting them. I have never been a sub-contractor before and I'm not sure how it would work. How do I charge? Do I charge what I would normally? Or split the fee? I have read the posts about subcontracting but I still feel I need some guidance before I respond to them. I'm still building my business so I don't want to lose a contract that could be very lucrative.
Thanks
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@3SixtyNow

Typically, the large photography companies that use the We Get Around Network Map to source multiple Pros know what they are willing to pay.

If they are waiting for a quote from you, here are some of the questions that you might ask yourself:

1. Is this one and done or potential for many properties (volume)
2. Is this published to their Matterport account (you are done, once trimmed and uploaded)
3. How busy are you? (You don't want a lower price scan to prevent you from scanning high priced properties
4. If this scan is for a category that you have not done before, can you include it in your gallery?
5. If you scan this property, can you include the client's logo on your website?
6. Is this a learning opportunity for things like scanning, working with a potential large client or pricing?
7. "Lucrative" is an interesting word. Typically smaller clients are going to be "lucrative" because you set the price. Typically, large clients are not "lucrative" if they set the price. Help us understand how you can get multiple re-orders and maintain a high price with this potential client?
8. Are you giving up the copyright in your scan and does that Matterport to you?
9. What price would you be happy to do multiple scans (and not affect your availability for higher price clients)?
10. What's your gut say?

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
Wanderfish360 private msg quote post Address this user
You can go a couple of different ways. Charge them your standard fee and let them mark it up to their customer say 10-20%

OR you bring down your rate 10-20% so that there is margin for the photography company to make some money while still charging a competitive price to the market.

Since you are doing all of the work, and providing a value-added service to the photography company (with no overhead for them)I would not come down on your price.

It's win-win for them because they are providing more services to their customer base which reduces customer churn.

You can always go lower during negotiation but you can lever go higher.

My two cents.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Wonderdawg private msg quote post Address this user
Some want to charge a per hour rate of $25.00 per hour which seems excessively low.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@wonderdawg -- yeah that is crazy low. That is $75.00 for an average size house. You would have to do 70 average houses just to break even on the camera, hosting, and iPad. No one can make a living charging those kind of prices.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Typically, when a company is sourcing Matterport Pros, they have a specific project in mind.

Before quoting, I recommend asking:

1. What is your most immediate need?
2. How big is the space?
3. Zip Code?

Plus, look up that person - and company - on LinkedIn.

Without asking for the business contact info, it is reasonable to expect a business email address and signature block. Not @yahoo Not @hotmail etc.

Otherwise, it may simply be your competitor across the street - or in a different market - trying to figure out how to price.

We Get Around Atlanta does not provide to quotes until we understand the scale and scope of the project and whom we are talking to. (And, when companies ask us for a referral, we send them to the Find a Matterport Pro Map, if we have more than one Pro. We still qualify them before providing an introduction to the sole Matterport Pro on the Map.

Best,

Dan

P.S. If you are being asked to quote and something doesn't feel right, please PM me.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@3SixtyNow I just sent you a DM. I also was contacted by a similar sounding company from California about doing Matterport for them (keep in mind that I am in Vermont) They wanted samples of my work. I asked them a bunch of questions that they had very little answers to. Something seems off. Curious if it is the same company or not.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@3SixtyNow
@Wanderfish360

I have reached out to the California Company to see "what's up" ...

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
3SixtyNow private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks @DanSmigrod. I have reached out to them today and haven't heard anything. Very strange for someone wanting to do business with you.
Post 9 IP   flag post
They obviously chose @3SixtyNow and myself because of our dashing good looks. Case closed
Post 10 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
We own a busy RE photo company. We have subcontracted out Matterport to a local guy for the past few months. We received a 20% discount, which was OK, but not great IMO. I think he was being a little greedy and shortsighted. I really wanted 30% or 35%.

So... We have a new Matterport camera on order now.

If he had given me 35% off we probably would have continued subcontracting.
Post 11 IP   flag post
101646 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?