Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 761 Unique Visitors
9,055 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,838 Page Views | 19,122 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Artistic ConceptsRenderings

Renderings for interior apartment spaces4726

SiteTour360 private msg quote post Address this user
Hello all - I was wondering if anyone would share with me what there experience has been with getting interior renderings done for an unbuilt apartment complex? I plan on checking with the 3rd party providers form WGAN, but wanted to get an idea of pricing etc prior to that. A client has aksed me to quote them on getting a set of renderings for a student apartment complex that is currently under construction. The specs, as I understand, are 1) medium in resolution/level of detail, 2) 5 different apartment models with 4 views of each (kitchen, bath, living & bedroom)= 20 renderings, 3) need web and print ready output, 4) need to add in furniture package from PDF flyer/brochure. My specific questions are: 1) any idea of price per rendering I should expect to pay? 2) any specific pointers or input you have would also be appriciated! Thanks!
Post 1 IP   flag post
3D Renderings
AEC Elevation Drawings
Montreal, Québec
ArchimedStudio private msg quote post Address this user
Hi,

We've been specializing in 3D renderings and animations for the past 11 years. You can check our work on www.archimed-studio.com

Feel free to [private message me].

Cheers,
Matt
Post 2 IP   flag post
ArchimedStudio - thanks for the followup. I have visited your site several times....your work looks great! I didn't se any reference to pricing though....I'm trying to get a sense of what's typical pricing for commercial apartment space renderings....I want to set clients expectations. I will message you later today. - Mike
Post 3 IP   flag post
Blue-Sketch
Founder
New Orleans, LA
PetraSoderling private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @ReTech

Blue-Sketch creates furnished 3D Floor Plans that come with "3D photos" of interior spaces. The packaged is $119.95 less 25% as a We Get Around Basic, Standard and Premium Member discount and includes five images:

3D Floor Plan viewed from above
3D Floor Plan viewed from a birds-eye view
Three 3D photos

Additional renderings $9.95 a piece. We can accommodate all of your requests except "add in furniture package from PDF flyer/brochure". The furniture is already installed in the software we use, we cannot upload our own furniture.

We've done several projects like this, for example

https://blue-sketch.com/city-center-apartments-in-3d/
https://blue-sketch.com/brix-update/
https://blue-sketch.com/new-construction-projects/

Get in touch sales@blue-sketch.com

- Petra
Founder/Blue-Sketch.com
Post 4 IP   flag post
brett private msg quote post Address this user
Does the furniture come in at the same cost ?
Post 5 IP   flag post
3DVUE private msg quote post Address this user
Hi ReTech

Sent PM!

Thanks,
Amreet
Founder
3DVUE.com.au
Post 6 IP   flag post
Putten NLD
DannyBasting private msg quote post Address this user
Hey @ReTech!

As you may have seen in my thread over here, I switched from using traditional rendering software, to using a game engine for most of my visualization work. This comes with a lot of advantages.

Besides the ability to walk through it, an animation can easily be created for example. It also gives me the ability to add interaction and show an unbuild space with different kind of materials, colors etc. Once a project is created in UE4, extracting a high resolution is just a press of a button.

Pricing heavily depends on what the client needs, and what he can deliver me to go from. If I can get a useable CAD file for example, that saves me a lot of time and that will bring the costs down. If you don't have a CAD file I can create those as well. Pricing for the CAD convertions can be found over here.

If you can provide me with some more information, like a floorplan for example, I can give you a price indication.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!

Also feel free to check out my website at inventiveCG.com

With kind regards,
Danny
Post 7 IP   flag post
Putten NLD
Oh, and you get a 15% discount on all services as a standard WGAN member [also for Basic and Premium Members too]

Enjoy your weekend!

Danny
Post 8 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
@DannyBastings. I have seen his work and this is an awesome product offering. Welldone Danny , you are very talented.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Putten NLD
@Gerhard, Thank you for your kind words sir!
Post 10 IP   flag post
To all who gave me feedback - Thanks You! This forum is an very valuable tool...worth the WGAN membership by itself! Will be following up with any who have pm'd me later today (was going to yesterday but got wrapped up in a project)
Post 11 IP   flag post
@DannyBasting - thanks for the detailed follow up! I believe you recently upgraded your website....looks great! I'll be reviewing and touching base with you later today.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Putten NLD
Thank you Like I mentioned, if you have any questions feel free to ask!
Post 13 IP   flag post
3rd Party
Service
Dom private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @ReTech,

At Archilogic we focus on turning 2D floor plans into interactive, browser-based 3D models - within 24 hours. You can edit architecture, textures, and furniture in all of our work once we've done the hard lifting.

We could even import the furniture set your client requests, but we'd have to see details to give you an estimate on timelines and costs.

Our models start at 35 USD (up to 2,000 sq ft). Please don't hesitate to PM me for more details!

All the best,
Dom
Post 14 IP   flag post
MP2FP
Floor Plans
Bangkok THA
mp2fp private msg quote post Address this user
@ReTech I would expect to pay between 15- and 20 000 USD for 20 decent quality CGI´s/3D renders-

Input is important when dealing with CGI´s, the more information you can get the better. DWG files or any technical format is preferred.

If you haven´t dealt with CGI´s before you´ll quickly learn that client communication is extremely time consuming. Unless you´re able to charge project management by the hour it´ll eat right out of your profits.

There´s a huge difference on price, turn around time and quality. If you want cheap as chips then find a supplier in India (be warned, you´ll spend a huge amount of time on project management and they will not understand basic US requirements).

Try to limit the number of amendments to 4 rounds, and let the client know that if they change the project specifications you´ll have to charge extra for it.

Depending on where your client is in the process they might also be interested in an apartment selector, which is a good idea to get done by the same company that does the CGI and floorplans (if they offer the service). I`m not sure if they´d use this for student accommodation though.

Gathering all the details before you begin is key. Make a folder with the drawings/tech files, colours/materials, windows/doors, bathroom specs, kitchen specs, moodboards for furnishing, additional details.

I´ve been on every side of this form ordering CGI´s for my own builds, reselling CGI´s to agents and now to actually being on the delivery side. It´s in my opinion one of the most complex products for property marketing.

Feel free to contact me if you´d like to discuss the project. Hope this was helpful and best of luck!
Post 15 IP   flag post
3D Renderings
AEC Elevation Drawings
Montreal, Québec
ArchimedStudio private msg quote post Address this user
@mp2fp thank you for telling it like it is. $35 a rendering, I really don't understand how that's even possible (unless someone doing it is paid $0.50/H). Quality 3D rendering take (a lot of!) time.

Good luck on your project. I hope you will be able to show us the result and share your experience.
Post 16 IP   flag post
MP2FP
Floor Plans
Bangkok THA
@ArchimedStudio I`m not sure what you´re referencing with the $35 ?
Post 17 IP   flag post
@mp2fp - My thought also - I have not seen any reference to $35 renderings in the thread? Thank you for your detailed response to my post! I will be following up later today with a more detailed response/post re your comments. - Mike
Post 18 IP   flag post
Blue-Sketch
Founder
New Orleans, LA
PetraSoderling private msg quote post Address this user
Well there are renderings and there are renderings. Originally @ReTech asked about renderings with medium resolution and detail. You can achieve that with online tools like Floorplanner, RoomSketcher or Homestyler. The license price on these tools is fairly modest and the final selling price is much determined by labor costs.

There are indeed people in the world who work for $0.50/h and there are companies utilizing the differences in economies between developed and developing countries. At Blue-Sketch we draw in the USA and pay our designers a normal living wage.

The $35 may have been a reference to Arhilogic, or it could be the $33 that MP2FP charges for a furnished 3D floor plan.
Post 19 IP   flag post
3rd Party
Service
Dom private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry if I wasn't clear enough before on the 35 USD - I'll do an extensive post in the next couple of days on what Archilogic can (and cannot) do. Here's a first explanation:

We charge 35 USD to turn a 2D floor plan (we usually receive pictures as well for visual style) into an interactive 3D model. Here's an example: https://goo.gl/vui2hS

The 35 USD are up to 2,000 sq ft using a pro subscription to our service. Larger plans cost more (details here).

We understand the visual quality is not yet on par with static renderings. I am saying "not yet" because there are still hardware and browser limitations for running real-time 3D in the web. The upside is that everything in our models is interactive and editable (if that is desired).

Some of our service partners already offer higher end models. This typically means a higher level of detail. Here are a couple of examples:
- Apartment B: https://goo.gl/2W6mCo
- Architectural gem with an artistic take: https://goo.gl/YF8jTe

The pricing for these varies - you can assume that the most complex jobs will cost around 2,000 USD for one model.

Here's a 1-minute video on how our end-to-end process works: https://youtu.be/6NkAciwI7D8

Hopefully this clears up the questions! Feel free to DM me for more detail.

Best,
Dom
Post 20 IP   flag post
MP2FP
Floor Plans
Bangkok THA
@Dom Sorry I didn´t see your post with the 35 USD. We´ve looked at the archilogic system several times and personally I think it´s great as an interactive presentation for new-builds, unfurnished properties and renovations.

@PetraSoderling I completely agree, and I`m quite impressed by the image renders that you can get from the Roomsketcher system. The process is quite manual to get the Matterport model re-drawn though, and this is obviously reflected in the pricing. It would be very cool if Roomsketcher allowed for an OBJ import like Archilogic does. I think we all agree on that API/SDK from Matterport being long overdue.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Thanks to all hwo have posted to this thread and DM'd me with additinal information....I had hoped to be able to provide more follow up and a recap of what I had learned by now, but, per your insightful comments @mp2fp , I am having to spend a HUGE amount of time coordinating a disorganized clients' expectations, floorplans, finishes and other info. On a positive note, I will be much better prepared next time. Also, there is much to learn regarding all of the different products available (just via the WGAN)...which product is best for which client/project etc. It may be next week but I will, at some point, post a summary of what I've learned.
Post 22 IP   flag post
101742 22 22
This topic is archived. Start new topic?