Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Pro2

Pro2's push into 2D pictures4722

LewisBishop private msg quote post Address this user
“This is really something that can act as a replacement for current 2-D photography solutions” - Matterport CEO Bill Brown.

Just curious given that Matterport is pushing Pro2 to replace 2D photography. What's to be done about the exterior shots?

Now I know that this would not be the solution for high-end listings but for lower-to-mid range listings in which agents can often be found shooting themselves the images produced by the new Pro2 may be just the ticket...

But I find myself questioning the usability of an image grabbed from an exterior 360 shot. Thoughts?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Chadcloses private msg quote post Address this user
Same Camera same Lens, same everything as an interior scan. I don't see why there would be a difference in quality.
Post 2 IP   flag post
LewisBishop private msg quote post Address this user
@Chadcloses except in my mind... light and movement (clouds, trees, broker signs, direct sunlight). My exterior 360 images with my Pro1 camera never look as good as my interior images.

Here are some of my Pro1 examples...

Maybe I'm overthinking it...
Post 3 IP   flag post
I don't use my Matterport camera to take scan/stills of the front of homes, and only do 2-3 scans of the backyard if the backyard is up to par, otherwise I'll skip it all together. Even with the new camera the limitations placed on not being able to adjust for WB, EV, ISO, etc etc etc. will have an effect on exterior and interior images. I don't know any professional photographers that go to a shoot and leave their camera on Auto the whole time. lol
Post 4 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user

This is from the Pro2 Camera. Not too shabby. This is not full resolution either. Still waiting on the full 300dpi export ability.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Question for @metroplex360, I've seen other people state that they can change the quality of the photos they download, I believe prior to all this Pro2 talk. I'm assuming they are downloading at 1920x1080 at 300x300 DPI. If there is a way to download high quality stills how does one go about doing that?

Thanks,
Chad
Post 6 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
@Chadcloses In my.matterport, select your model and then launch the workshop. Click on the gear setting at the top right (near the publish button). That's where you can change your snapshot image size.

Right now the max is 4096 x 2304.

Unfortunately every time you exit workshop it goes back to the default of 1920x1080 and so you need to change it every time you load a new model to have the larger file sizes.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@Chadcloses @Queen_City_3D That's correct - in workshop you can currently export at 4096 x 2304 on a Pro1, however it's really not going to look much better than the one at 1920 x 1080.

I would love to share two images to help illustrate this point from an A/B test that I have done that I will be sharing soon. These are both captured at 1920 x 1080.

Pro1:

Pro2:

Open both in new tabs and maximize them, swap between. What do you see as far as quality for each pixel goes?

Here are two more, both exported at 4096x2304.

Pro1:

Pro2:

Take a look at both of these in separate tabs. Zoom to full size and swap between tabs to make a comparison. What do you see when compared at the maximum export size of the Pro1?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Ok, but currently my images only download at 1920x1080, my questions is where would I go to switch my downloads for the higher resolution. I've looked but can't find anything in settings or account. I do notice a temp/color difference. I've also been noticing a wide FOV in these pro2 photos but have not seen any mention of a larger sensor size. Are they using a different sensor than before?
Post 9 IP   flag post
Please disregard the first portion of my question above. I didn't see Queen_city's response until just now. Thank you for the info Queen!!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@Chadcloses In the future, you will not need to specify the snapshot quality -- it will be an option at the point of download. This will fix a lot of headaches for everyone.

The photos you are seeing about are shot at 80% zoom -- good catch there. I shoot all of my snapshots at 80% zoom because in my opinion, they look more like a wide angle photograph.
Post 11 IP   flag post
101432 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?