Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
BuyCamerasPro1Pro2Rebate

Updated Pro2 Discount and Trade-In Programs4721

Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Customer Loyalty Program for the Pro2 Newsletter - 6/2/17

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your incredible enthusiasm for the announcement of the new Pro2 3D Camera with 134MP equirectangular photos and up to 36MP 2D Snapshots. We are excited about the new camera and can’t wait for you to start using it.

We're humbled that so many of you took a gamble on a small company with a big dream of disrupting the way that properties are captured and communicated about online. Together, our earliest customers have grown with us - and our businesses have grown alongside each other.

We understand that most of our customers are running businesses. We conceived of the Trade-In Program as a way to help you keep a camera in hand while a Pro2 was being built for you, and created the Discount Program as a way to recognize our earliest customers. But it’s clear to us now that we didn’t do enough.

What we’ve realized, through your feedback, is that we could be doing more for our earliest customers - who took a bet on us early on, and who have grown with us. You believed in us when we were just starting out, and held on as we got our bearings, and we want to acknowledge that.

And similarly, we could better accommodate our most recent customers. You are new to the Matterport family and we want you to feel welcomed.

That’s why we have revamped our Trade-In Program and improved our Discount Program. Details are as follows:

We believe that in the near future, 3D will be a primary format by which people experience, interact with, modify, and transact around real-world places, and that Matterport is a core part of creating a complete digital universe.

As our customers, you are on the front lines of that campaign - introducing new people to 3D Spaces, and using our technology in new ways, every day. We want to make it as easy as we can for you to grow a business and create new, innovative content on our platform, and to reward those of you who have been with us from the start (or close to it).

We are making a more significant investment in you, because you have made an investment in us. Thank you.

Let’s get scanning!

Sincerely,
[redacted]
VP Marketing
Matterport

PS:
To order a new Pro2 3D Camera with the $500 / £400 discount, enter CUSTOMERLOYALTY under “I have a promo code” in the Billing Section (#3), by JUNE 30, 2017. The $500 / £400 discount will not show up on the order amount. You will be charged the appropriate amount when your camera ships.

PRE-ORDER NOW

To trade in your current Pro camera and order a Certified Refurbished Pro2 3D Camera, follow these instructions by JULY 31, 2017.

TRADE IN HERE

--

Folks, I'd love for you to share how much this has helped you! Matterport are always listening even if they aren't participating in our conversations! To echo what Matterport have said -- "Let's get scanning!" -- I hope that this discount has removed some barriers for some of us!
Post 1 IP   flag post
StevenHattan private msg quote post Address this user
What is the price of a new camera?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveHattan To order a new camera without trade-in, it will be $3500 for current owners. To trade in, price will vary. I'd love everyone, including you, to post and share how this affects you! We've had quite a few people feel unprepared to make a purchase and left in the rain on owning Pro1 cameras in light of the news.
Post 3 IP   flag post
It really doesn't affect me. As long as I can continue to use my current camera, I'm good.

$3,500 is a **LOT** of money to buy other things since I already have the camera.

I can buy lights, 360 cameras, drones, digital CAMERAS (cough cough), lenses, camera stabilizers, software, services, etc., to offer to my client base and, wait for it....

CHARGE THE CLIENT ADDITIONAL MONEY

...whereas, I can't charge more because the picture quality is better (pictures that I can STILL do better).

Seriously...$3,500 for a better camera that is still limited to restricted angles, heights and placements?

I would be willing to trade in my 'old' camera for an upgraded one for the MAXIMUM credit regardless when I bought one. This is the cost I would pay for a 'better' camera on the digital market.

(I still use my old Magic Bullet from 2005...even though they have a 'new' Bullet).
Post 4 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
I agree with @StevenHatten it would be nice to get a larger trade in and then yes I would buy the newer camera $500 off and if it's a trade in then are they going to refurbish the old one and make a profit? I am still not sure. I would love to go buy a Nikon D4, Ntech ISTAR camera but for me just does not make since, is there such a big design difference. I am still missing the point. Yes I would trade my camera in if I got a better value, but again if I wait 6 to 12 months these prices will drop. I was not happy that 6 months after I bought my first camera prices dropped by 500 then again to the latest price. I know it's part of doing business. Not a good purchase for the minimal trade in. Again just my 2 cents.

Ron
Post 5 IP   flag post
SiteTour360 private msg quote post Address this user
Bought my camera about 25 days ago - my trade value is now listed as $3600
Post 6 IP   flag post
Ramblinman private msg quote post Address this user
Got mine 90 days ago...got $1030 credit...what a joke
Post 7 IP   flag post
PeterMcCready private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroplex360
I'd love everyone, including you, to post and share how this affects you! We've had quite a few people feel unprepared to make a purchase and left in the rain on owning Pro1 cameras in light of the news.

Unprepared's definitely something I've been feeling today!

I'm extremely sold Pro2-wise but the credit card precharging associated with the preorder is possibly a bigger issue for me than getting a refurb (I've had it confirmed that only refurbs are available under the trade-up program) when trading-up in that my credit card incorporates precharges into my available credit limit, £3,954 is hell of a lot to hover on my account for several months, I'd much prefer to send back the Pro1 first and pay the difference!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Gonewild2 private msg quote post Address this user
Bunch of Thieves if you ask me. I bought my system in March 2017 and was told to my face there was no new system to be released any time soon!!!. So any time soon meant days not months then clearly. Now I'm expected to take a knock of 1500 pounds on a new system for something that has only done 15 properties? Won't be promoting these guys to anyone. Also their product isnt being accepted by property portals within the housing market in South Africa.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I hope they keep support for at least two years. I'd hate to see all the negative posts on this forum if they pull the plug. People considering purchasing a camera read this forum.

With all the new technology and the We Get Around forum having such influence on potential Matterport clients, it makes for tough corporate decisions.

I love everything about Matterport, personally. I just think silly business decisions are being made. It's part of life and history. Millions of bad decisions are made by every day by everyone.

They are still the best and they have my total support. No matter what decisions they make, it's OK with me because I'll simply adapt and keep riding the wave.

I'm 45 years old. I've lived 43.5 years without them and I'm sure I'll continue on regardless. I absolutely hope they succeed and I can look back on all of this and secretly hope I somehow contributed to their success.
Post 10 IP   flag post
justinv private msg quote post Address this user
I consider myself on the tech side of thinking and I love Matterport. Sure, there are some things I dislike about them but overall, I like their product. Does this mean I am going to run out and buy their new camera? No it doesn't. Would I for the right price, yeah probably! For me, $3500 isn't that price. I have made my money back and then some, but I haven't gotten rich off it. Thankfully I don't depend on Matterport for my entire income.

I love new tech but I would be broke if I grabbed everything new that came out that grabbed my attention. That said, every company has to evolve and produce new equipment to stay on top of everything. I am not mad they put out another camera and I am sure they are already working on the Pro3.

Another thought, would I send my camera in for upgrade if the price was what @juMP said about $1000, probably.
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

These slides form the Matterport Pro2 Webinar today 6 June 2017).

Dan

Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Pro2 Cameras begin shipping late June 2017, says Matterport during their Pro2 webinar.
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
First certified re-furbished Cameras will begin shipping in July 2017.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Awesome360 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonewild2
Bunch of Thieves if you ask me. I bought my system in March 2017 and was told to my face there was no new system to be released any time soon!!!. So any time soon meant days not months then clearly. Now I'm expected to take a knock of 1500 pounds on a new system for something that has only done 15 properties? Won't be promoting these guys to anyone. Also their product isnt being accepted by property portals within the housing market in South Africa.

Same thing here. I purchased April 28th 2017 and was told no new cameras are in the works! That is pathetic.
Post 15 IP   flag post
101429 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?