Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CADCamerasPro2

Pre order new Matterport Pro2 Camera?4680

Putten NLD
DannyBasting private msg quote post Address this user
I may have missed it.. but I couldn't find a thread about this. Just came across a preorder page for the new Matterport camera.

https://matterport.com/pro2-3d-camera/

Thoughts?
Post 1 IP   flag post
tomasdunbar private msg quote post Address this user
Will there be any difference than the cameras we have at them moment? I doubt it. Surely they could not add more features that would not be available to us. That would be very bad form. Maybe some improvement in camera resolution or maybe just a marketing stunt?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Putten NLD
4K support, higher resolution panorama's and GPS (for GSV I assume) according to that page.
Post 3 IP   flag post
vantasy private msg quote post Address this user
questions are will it be lighter or smaller size? how about the price?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Mario private msg quote post Address this user
Great news !! Can't wait to receive the new one !! Allowing upgrade for previous MP owners is a good decesion of MP .
It's only getting better !!
Post 5 IP   flag post
dtavres private msg quote post Address this user
I just got my camera 4 days ago... this is disappointing.

That link - https://matterport.com/pro2-3d-camera/ - goes to the "old" camera, not the Pro2.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Mario private msg quote post Address this user
@dtavres Upgrading is available !! Enjoy some scans with this one till your receive the new one
Post 7 IP   flag post
Upgrading a 4-day-old camera? I'm thinking I might take advantage of the 30 day return policy... :
Post 8 IP   flag post
Putten NLD
@dtavres You should contact Matterport about returning it and pre-ordering the new one instead. Shouldn't be a problem. Especially with the return policy like you mentioned.

They may let you use your current camera for the time being until the new version is ready to ship. You never know.. I'd just give them a call or send them an e-mail if I where you.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@DannyBasting... I emailed them before I posted here

Looking forward to seeing the response.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Columbia, MO
Showcas3D private msg quote post Address this user
specs:
https://support.matterport.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004093167

@dtavres https://matterport.com/pro-camera-trade-in-program/

4K Photography
2D Resolution (3840 x 2160 vs 1280 x 720)
GPS
Post 11 IP   flag post
Briski2208 private msg quote post Address this user

Print pictures apparently
Post 12 IP   flag post
Columbia, MO
Showcas3D private msg quote post Address this user
looks like it's only available for UK and European pricing currently, ships in 12 weeks. approx. $4,157
Post 13 IP   flag post
Gibbsboro, NJ
Radie842 private msg quote post Address this user
The trade in allows you to get a refurbished pro 2 camera.
Post 14 IP   flag post
JC3DCX private msg quote post Address this user
eish, it's good releasing a new camera but bad for me, my one is now a year old and still owing 50% on the loan to purchase it, and I don't qualify for an upgrade :-(
Post 15 IP   flag post
Helen private msg quote post Address this user
Will there be an option to upgrade the hardware inside our existing camera's to the new spec's? I really do not want to put out another $5000 to $6000 Canadian to buy a new one, but would be willing to pay to get mine refurbished. My first camera ended up costing me about $9000 Canadian between the camera, shipping, duty and exchange rate.
About 2 months later they started selling in Canada!
Exchange rate is currently about 35% ouch!
Post 16 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
It is really good to see hardware improvement happened.
We generated two reports using our JuMP-ME v2.0 for the two compare showcase links provided by Matterport on their page.

You can download two report PDF files, with them you can compare the result easier.
1st PDF report for Pro camera result.
2nd PDF report for Pro2 camera result.

Note: those PDF files are a little big because they include all snapshot photos.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
This is what their sites says. So looks like we will have to COUGH the full price. I agree with Helen they need to look after us. I have big work coming up and want to give my clients the best product.

They have a section where you check your serial number. I purchased mine in September 2015. So what do I do with my old camera use it as a doorstop or donate it to a camera museum ?

So Surely they can help us???? I had a problem with an iPad pro 12 inch that just went out of warranty. I called apple and explained to them I am a loyal customer and own 10 products from them that they verified. I took it in, and it still did not want to charge. Ran diagnostics and said product is not damaged. Two days later a high up manger at Apple support called me and said they are replacing my iPad at no cost to me, even if it is 5 months out of the warranty .... Now that is service and thats how you keep customers... just for that I am buying a new iMac...

So yes Matterport I intend to buy the new camera , but you need to come to the party. There are new products coming to market that is also starting to look very attractive. Yes I know MP is still the best don't get me wrong. But then keep your customers happy and start giving us what we ask for on our Santa's Wishlist that is growing each year. Just like we want to give our clients the best end product, service and value for their money so must Matterport look at us.

Eligibility:

Customers who meet the following requirements are eligible for the Trade-In program:
Purchased Matterport Pro Camera on or after December 1, 2016
Purchased your device directly from Matterport (US or UK) or a certified local reseller
Purchased or intend to purchase a Matterport Pro2 Camera (trade-in credit is refunded after your old Pro Camera is returned)
Active and fully paid Matterport Cloud Subscription
To estimate your expected trade-in credit, put your Camera Serial Number in the field to the right.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Helen private msg quote post Address this user
@Gerhard Ya a $9000 door stop in one year is a little to much for me, I only bought it last February(2016).
Post 19 IP   flag post
@Helen well I will email them and take this up with Support. I hope they can upgrade us. Like i mentioned I have big work coming up and shipping the camera to the US will take time , time = MONEY . No camera no work. I just find it funny that they did not send out a newsletter announcing this ? But I looked at the quality and it is a major improvement in will work great when we edit it into out 4K videos that we are producing for our clients. And the images don’t need that much editing , only the outdoors still.

So I think all the members here must mail support and see what we can do as a collective group. More power in numbers.
Post 20 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
Below is 2K cube map compare of Pro2 (left) to Pro (right):

And one sample of 4K tiles from Pro2:

Post 21 IP   flag post
PURCHASE BEFORE DECEMBER 1ST, 2016?

Your camera may not be eligible for trade-in, but we still want to reward you for being an early adopter of Matterport. Call your rep and order before June 30th, 2017 to get $200 off your Pro2 Camera.

So I get off $200 wow what a massive saving is it black Friday already ??? That wont even cover my shipping and duties
Post 22 IP   flag post
Putten NLD
By the looks of the image below it seems like the improvements are mainly in the image quality. The new camera appears to be 5 seconds faster on each sweep, but is a lot heavier though. Will probably be expensive to ship..

By the looks of it no improvements for the 3D data, so I myself won't be upgrading anytime soon (unless the 3D data will be improved after all), since I use mine mainly for AEC projects.

Post 23 IP   flag post
360Verbeelding private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, i really think its more a firmware updated version. just send me one i open it up and tell you everything about it. like i did with the first pro. MP added a extra GPS piece of hardware. I cant explaine the extra weight of almost 1 kilo. Maybe bigger batteries.
There is nothing inside the camera that rises the weight by 1 kilo.
So thats interesting. Housing is the same. bigger motor not neccesairy.

With the "old" pro the pic quality wasn't that bad and you could also print the pics. After being processed. This probebly is changed now and you directly print the image from your Ipad. If this is so then i hope that its posdible to control shutterspeed, apparture and white balance. And not let the camera make these dissisions.

Lets attent to the webinare to find out if its really a step up.

Happy scanning,
Rene, 360 Verbeelding NL.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Bobby private msg quote post Address this user
6 cameras to date, all under 2016. Matterport to me is now dead.
Post 25 IP   flag post
How do I access my high resolution 4K photos?

After receiving your Pro2 camera, use it to scan a space. Scanning takes about an hour for a 2000 ft2 house. After you upload it to Matterport Cloud, log into my.matterport.com, take a few snapshots through our web tool called Workshop, and download them to your computer. Now you can use them however you like!

So no printing from iPad or settings for images , they are still going backwards even if they are moving forward.
Post 26 IP   flag post
LetMe3D private msg quote post Address this user
Best wishes to everyone.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Shrkfin private msg quote post Address this user
None of my three cameras qualify. Such bull and once again Matterport showing complete contempt to us professionals. They want to sell this thing to Agents, they DO NOT care about selling it to us. Agents barely want to pay for a model now. I fail to see how better resolution is going to swing it. Will the new camera fix all of the insane stitching errors that exist in almost every model I see (light fixtures, railings, mirrors, etc.). You can't sell photos like that. Boo, hiss...done.
Post 28 IP   flag post
mori private msg quote post Address this user
@DannyBasting I´m still of the opinion that even with the "old" MP the could provide much better 3D data. Otherwise it would not be possible to deliver a better pointcloud-file.

Nevertheless I think especially the early adaptors, we ordered 10/2015, should be better honored. $200 off is a joke.

But let´s see what happens next weekend [at IRVPA in Vienna]. Maybe there are better options available from NC Tech. You don´t need a 3D scanning if you can create 3D out of HQ images.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Putten NLD
@mori no argument there on my side

With the 3D data I was referring to the pointcloud. The pointcloud data from the current camera is great to work with, but could improve a lot on smaller objects. Not that I foresee this happening any time soon though.

Enjoy your time in Vienna! Curious to hear about it when you return.
Post 30 IP   flag post
101635 73 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?