Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360PhotoAdviceOutdoorsProblemsTips

360 View Embed in Mattertag4670

Colorado Springs, CO
VirtualVisit private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all,

This is our first post, but rest assured we have been following this forum for a very long time.

I've been searching for this topic for a while now and haven't had any luck finding the answer.

Is it possible to link a 360 pano into a mattertag? One thing I'm not sure of is how one would return back to the tour from the 360 view. I have a home with multiple decks that have incredible views of the surrounding area and really think this would be an optimal.

There was a post about 8 months ago relating to linking multiple models, but seeing as how Matterport has updated their platform over the last few months, and this has to do more with 360's, I wasn't sure if things have changed.

Thanks for the help everyone, love what's going on in this community.

Virtual Visit Media
Post 1 IP   flag post
3rd Party
Service
Dom private msg quote post Address this user
@VirtualVisit,

This is going to be a partial answer, so I'll keep it short. Some of our customers have been starting to embed Archilogic 3D models into their Matterport tours (to give clients the "What could be" in addition to the "What is". This happens via iframe in the small multimedia window which can be maximised (bottom right button) and then again minimised in order to return to the MP Tour (esc). Example below from one of our clients - click the nearest Mattertag. So my assumption is that if you can find a nice iframe-based pano solution this should also work?

Best,
Dom

Post 2 IP   flag post
suncoastskyview private msg quote post Address this user
That is amazing!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user
@dom Very cool idea embedding Archilogic in Mattertags!
@virtualvisit I know that @seekbeak (the developer of http://seekbeak.com) got his tool certified with Embed.ly, which makes it possible a demo like this one:

In our case, we created the 360 stories using a combination of Adobe Illustrator, After Effects, Skybox plugin by Mettle, and hosted everything on SeekBeak. You can replace our 360 stories with simple photospheres. Not to mention that SeekBeak allows you to add hotspots on the 360s embedded inside the Mattertags. Did I just say that?
Post 4 IP   flag post
VisualKusuma private msg quote post Address this user
We use sketchfab as a media to cast 360 panorama view.
easy and its free
see our sample here (go to dashboard area there):

http://bit.ly/2q7wmxw
Post 5 IP   flag post
Property3dNZ private msg quote post Address this user
@Dom

Hey Dom

I was just looking through your archilogic - did you intend for people to be able to move furniture etc around? Its still set to editor I'm not sure if its meant to be!

Thanks

Marcia
Post 6 IP   flag post
3rd Party
Service
Dom private msg quote post Address this user
@Property3dNZ

Hi Marcia, sent DM. Best, Dom
Post 7 IP   flag post
Orange, California
craigsauer private msg quote post Address this user
I spent the morning trying to figure this out for myself, and finally got it working!

I tried a variety of Embedly sources, and finally hit on one that works:

Momento 360. https://www.momento360.com/

It says it's in beta, so who knows if this is a long term solution, but it works for now!

I have a cool new tour with an elevator I couldn't hold open to get the interior included in the tour. So I grabbed it as a 360 view with the door closed, and then took a 360 snapshot of it, downloaded it, uploaded it to Momento 360, got the link from Momento 360 and pasted it in the media link for the Mattertag on the elevator door.

Check it out:

FYI, I tried Flikr, Imgur, and Instagram unsuccessfully before finding Momento 360.

The really silly thing is that it should be pretty trivial for Matterport to integrate this functionality for 360 Views with Mattertags all on their ends. The existing way to view 360 views in Matterport is pretty crappy, since you have to know to look for it is in the snapshot slide show at the bottom, and that only works if you set up a Guided Tour, which we don't always want to do.

Craig
Post 8 IP   flag post
lisahinson private msg quote post Address this user
Awesome @craigsauer !! Great looking scan too!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Orange, California
craigsauer private msg quote post Address this user
Darn it! Just realized that Matterport had already provided this functionality!

https://support.matterport.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/115006439527-Using-Mattertag-Links-to-access-specific-scan-locations-and-360-Views

I needed it to try to cover up a stupid mistake I made on a different tour. I somehow missed a scan point at the bottom of the stairs so you can't get upstairs with the normal navigation. So while I wait for the opportunity to go back and add in that scan location, I added a Mattertag at the bottom of the stairs that allows the viewer to jump past it onto the staircase.

The same technique works on 360 views, too, although I think I like the pop-up Momento 360 version better. Especially because (I don't think!) Matterport has made a good way to get back to the main tour from a 360 view.

Craig
Post 10 IP   flag post
101422 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?