Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Advice

Camera height for tall warehouse465

WGAN
Standard
Anchorage
GlennAronwits private msg quote post Address this user
Shooting a tall warehouse with cars what would be an optimal height for the camera? The ceiling is approx. 25-30 feet tall.
Post 1 IP   flag post
crullier private msg quote post Address this user
I really doubt you will get any meshing for the ceiling. But you will see the "photo"

Meaning your wall may seem cut off in the dollhouse view.
But I could be wrong.

I am interested in what those with experience have to say.
Post 2 IP   flag post
svensson private msg quote post Address this user
i think you should stick to a normal human length, otherwise it would go out of proportion.
Post 3 IP   flag post
RealEstateReadines private msg quote post Address this user
Slightly higher may help get around some of the cars and make scanning easier. I wouldn't go much over a tall person's view (6'-6'6"
Post 4 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealEstateReadines
Slightly higher may help get around some of the cars and make scanning easier. I wouldn't go much over a tall person's view (6'-6'6"

I agree with RealEstateReadines. I suspect you'd want to be taller than the tallest vehicle so that the top of the cars would show up in a floorplan view. I'd be more concerned with that than the walls which should appear in the distance and I suspect would look just fine.
Post 5 IP   flag post
RenderingSpace private msg quote post Address this user
It's rarely a good idea to go much higher than 6' because if you're too high, you can't easily navigate from one circle to the next without constantly looking at your feet. Not a huge deal if you use the arrows to navigate but I think the majority of people click the circles to navigate.

Even in tall spaces I keep the camera between 5' and 5'6".

Plus, real estate/architectural photography is almost always lower than what people think.
Post 6 IP   flag post
crullier private msg quote post Address this user
you guys have to realize that these cameras are a depth sensor before they are a camera. So they need to "sense" a depth to do a proper reconstruction. Too far away from the floor and to the camera it's like it's floating - without a point of reference.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101436 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?