Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Automated BillingGoogle Street ViewGSV17MoonClerkPricingStripe

How to Charge for MP to Google Street View4631

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

We Get Around Atlanta will charge a small upfront fee and monthly recurring revenue for publishing to Google Street View. Unlike houses for sale, the shelf life for Google Street View is likely to be 1-3 or more years (until the client wants a refresh).

For example, if we would typically shoot a residential space for $1,000; we would likely charge the same size commercial space $499 up front and $24.99 monthly. This means, after 18 months, we have collected $1,000. After 18 months, is when it gets exciting. (Yes. There's some business risk for us. And, this does reduce cash flow.)

Included in the "rent" of the Google Street View tour is any maintenance. For example, in the bottom of the Google Street View, we can include our client's logo and website. If that changes, no charge for the refresh.

I could imagine that our clients would prefer a lower upfront charge with monthly rent for the use of the tour and logo/text changes (or, even a refresh for an additional $499).

Note: For Cameras/Software to be certified that they meet Google Street View Standards, they must enable the removal of a Google Street View tour. This removal feature makes the above possible.

Which would you rather have? monthly recurring revenue or a one-time fixed fee?

I am particularly interested in hearing from We Get Around Network Forum Members that are already publishing to Google Street View (using a different camera solution).

We Get Around Atlanta will offer Matterport to Google Street View tours once Matterport offers this solution publicly later this year [2017].

Best,

Dan

P.S. We Get Around Network uses Stripe and MoonClerk to automate the credit card processing for hundreds of Members. So, we already have our back-end solution in place to automatically handle monthly recurring revenue.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm planning on billing the same prices that I bill for Matterport Tours in my neck of the woods.

Boutique (Under 500 SQFT) / $100
500 – 1500 SQFT / $225
1500 – 3000 SQFT / $360
3000 – 5000 SQFT / $500
5000+ SQFT / $0.10/SQFT

Like Dan, a commercial space may cost $500 up front. However, I'm not planning on charging for payment plans even though I looked at the possibilities for doing this for Matterport Tours - lower initial buy in - potential higher revenue in the long run. This was to mitigate competition from Matterport if they are soliciting clients in the Multi-Family Sector. I had no interest in payment plans during a 5 month period of offering it, so I opted to just market that it's cheaper and no payment plans
Post 2 IP   flag post
justinv private msg quote post Address this user
Have they started the beta program yet?
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@justinv

While you can register for the Matterport Street View beta user here, I have NOT signed up so that I can continue to write about this program in the Forum.

I could imagine that Matterport will ask Beta testers to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA).

Best,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
PHILG private msg quote post Address this user
I believe in SAS. Spent my entire career in software. That is how software companies made their money. I'm talking enterprise software, not off the shelf single user or small # of users. I'd close a deal, asp $250k, then we'd charge 15% foe maintenance and service. Although that model still exists in large corporate sales, the mainstream is going to a pure subscription - monthly or annual payment. Much like Matterport, adobe, dollar shave club, your local gym...

My residential real estate clients (Realators) I just charge a flat fee based on sq ft however my commercial accounts I do charge annual fees. It make the most business sense and as you build out your customer base, it goes from offsetting cost to generating revenue.
I rarely get push back and can always adjust if I deem the client worthy - meaning it's a high profile client and they will help me land more business or I can gain more credibility by having them in my portfolio.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101429 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?