Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseAdvise

Start again or pick up where I left off?4574

FlightMedia private msg quote post Address this user
Hi could I have your feedback please:

I have been asked to scan this building it was an over cast day when I started but started brightening up.

I started by mapping the area through out then they pulled the plug as they had people wanting to come in, going back tomorrow but looking at the tour I think it looks over exposed and pictures are grainy maybe to much light. What do you think?

My options are get there and fill in the blanks hopefully to add more to the tour or should I start again with the lights off as Im not really happy with the detail of the pictures, they seem out of focus, the building has darker parts then some as high level windows as you can see.

clickable text

What are your thoughts please.
Many thanks
Alan
Post 1 IP   flag post
lisahinson private msg quote post Address this user
@FlightMedia did you post the link?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
GlennTremain private msg quote post Address this user
Post 3 IP   flag post
lisahinson private msg quote post Address this user
@FlightMedia I see what you're talking about.. I don't think it's horrible BY ANY STRETCH.. What if you finish up the model and duplicate it. If you have the luxury of being able to go back you can possibly do it when the lighting might be more in your favor and disable the scans that you're unhappy with?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Hi @lisahinson
Thank you for your reply, Im back in the morning and as usual it is going to be pouring with rain so was thinking hopefully the lighting to the high & low windows may not be so bright.

Apparently Matterport have said that every thing will be brighter with their new processing engine so thought if I started again and turn all lights off I may get a more natural lighting finish.

Unless as you say I turn off the lights to the table areas and scan over previous scans and edit in workshop.

This is very frustrating not sure as not got a very long window lol
Post 5 IP   flag post
benn1973 private msg quote post Address this user
I also did a scan last Friday in a large museum and it has turned out overexposed as well.
I wonder if this is a processing problem?
Post 6 IP   flag post
SVM private msg quote post Address this user
I wouldn't suggest starting again or turning off the lights.

I would personally go back on a overcast day and add additional scans to the model you've already got. If you add to your existing model you can pick and choose the scans you want to use once you've back in workshop.

It does look over exposed but I doubt the client would be happy for it to look dark or uninviting with the lights off in the tour.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@SVM thats what I did today, heard the forecast was going to chuck it down and this morning it did so made hay and slapped aloud of scans on top now the fun begins going through them all.

@benn1973 Vicki spoke to Matterport about the question with over exposure and your right they do have another processing engine which is making things a little brighter.

Many thanks
Al
Post 8 IP   flag post

A big thank you for your help, attended on a wet day and ended up adding some more scans to fill in the blanks, area was a bit darker and customer happy so far, so a little bit more workshop work to do then put this one to bed.

Thanks again everyone
Al
Post 9 IP   flag post
101422 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?