Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 488 Unique Visitors
9,049 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,567 Page Views | 18,421 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Marketing

Crowdfunding a Matterport Business?4456

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

A Member of the Forum sent me this Crowdfunder link for an entrepreneur crowdfunding his Matterport Service Provider business.

Here are two of the pledge amounts:

"Whilst I can't promise technical product, nor can I promise vast ROI what I can promise is a warm fuzzy feeling knowing you helped someone achieve their aim of starting their own business. Pledge amount: £25"

"You will be emailed a voucher entitling you to a £300.00 property scan within 50 miles of St Albans, UK - this involves a 3 - 4 bedroom house scan, with 3 - 4 further reception rooms and hosting for one year. Further properties would be scanned at the same rate - ideal for a Letting or Estate agent. Pledge amount: £250"

What do you think? "Why didn't I think of that?" or "Will never happen?"

Other thoughts?

Dan

----

Text from the Listing

Hi there and thanks for taking the time to read through my intro.

I am sure that we have all sat at our desks and thought, why am I say here working for someone else, making them money, affording them the things that we would all like in life but can ill afford, but not really got that big break, I know I certainly have.

So this brings me to why I am here.

I have often dreamt of being my own boss, releasing the shackles of making someone else rich, affording someone else expensive holidays and luxury cars. I have worked with technology for many years and always had an amateur interest in photography, but never really found a niche that inspired me. That was until I worked for a large tech firm and at an event in London, UK, they had a Matterport system to photograph an exhibition stand.

Upon speaking to Matterport, I have decided that there is very much a business model here, and one I want to pursue.

Matterport is a relatively new technology, enabling estate agents, letting agents, commercial property agents, to give potential clients a real feel for a property wherever they may be in the world through a 3D scan.

The scan itself takes only a few hours and once scanned can be embedded on a website, within a property listing.

Both property and letting agents report vastly increased time spent on websites / listings that include a Matterport scan

As stated in my rewards section, I am not able to offer tech products or worldwide trips to a factory to see product being made, but as someone who myself has backed several projects, I hope that my offering the Matterport service at a reduced rate will serve as reward enough.

I have done a lot of market research, I have studied industry sectors for which this would be applicable, and have companies already interested in services discussed. As with any startup, there is no 100% success rate, but I am confident that the market research work I have already done would put me in good stead.

Source: Crowdfunder
Post 1 IP   flag post
MP2FP
Floor Plans
Bangkok THA
mp2fp private msg quote post Address this user
I will be surprised if he even gets a tenner!
Post 2 IP   flag post
aerialpixels private msg quote post Address this user
yea.. then when he gets the camera, he will be in here with postings on why oh why is it so hard to find business and how so-and-so is charging 5cents psf...

he may be a good fella with a good heart that believes goodness of the world will help him.

but i feel that in world of business, its dog eat dog, and if he needs crowdfunding to fund his dream business and excellent matterport business model (covering my mouth coughing *BS*), he gonna have some rude awakening if he even reaches his funding target.

gosh. i am so jaded.
Post 3 IP   flag post
vantasy private msg quote post Address this user
@aerialpixels Agreed with your statement. It's not gonna be easy but That's life...haha
Post 4 IP   flag post
VRPM private msg quote post Address this user
£7k isn't a huge sum of money really and if you're that sure the business is going to work you'll find the cash yourself without digitally begging for it.
Post 5 IP   flag post
nat_vanveen private msg quote post Address this user
Post 6 IP   flag post
101592 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?