Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceMarketingVRBO

VRBO not allowing external links?4399

PhotoJoe private msg quote post Address this user
A client just told me at VRBO just announced they are removing external links. They now only allow YouTube videos. Is this true? Does anyone know of a workaround?

Thanks.
Post 1 IP   flag post
jasondavidpage private msg quote post Address this user
Screen cap a walkthrough and upload to YouTube.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

@PhotoJoe

Use iPadVideo.info powered by Forum Member real3Destates.com to create iPad videos.

Save $10 on each video when you join the We Get Around Network as a Basic, Standard or Premium Member.

Dan

P.S. Here's an example iPadVideo.info created for We Get Around Atlanta ...

Post 3 IP   flag post
jasondavidpage private msg quote post Address this user
You can do this for free - no bells or whistles but simple.

Post 4 IP   flag post
Videos are an extra expense for the client. Shouldn't we be encouraging VRBO to embrace Matterport tours?
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@PhotoJoe

Yes. I imagine that Matterport is working on this

Unfortunately, there have been too many posts to count on this topic.

Just trying to offer a practical, tactical solution.

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
ChrisPowersRealtor private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, I agree that HomeAway/VRBO et al should be embracing Matterport but this change came out today and they have always been very vague about what links they accept and what links they do not. They are "walling off" their sites because that is the business model they have been pursuing. Monetizing the guest and no longer the owner/manager of the property.

Whey you have a video link rejected you get an email from "customer service" at HA/VRBO but if you reply with specific questions they simply don't answer them. I specifically asked them this week about MatterPort and they ignored my question. I had a Vimeo video URL rejected which they pasted in to their denial email saying it was a dead link. But when I clicked on the url in their email the video played like a charm.

While they say they only accept YouTube links, I have had some Vimeo links accepted. I'm now "testing" them to see if they will accept private links and not just public Vimeo links for the same property.

They do not want to get into a technical discussion about links, URL's and embedding. One of my gripes was they were using the terms "URL" and "embedding" interchangeably but from a YouTube or Vimeo perspective they are NOT the same.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@ChrisPowersRealtor

Thanks for sharing.

I wonder if Matterport has a dedicated team working on HomeAway/VRNBO, MLS, etc. to encourage use of 3D Tours in general and Matterport in particular?

Seems like this initiative would help sell more Cameras

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
MatterPort has been working with Realtor.com. Here is a link to a story which came out 3/30/17.

Permalink: http://marketing.realtor.com/leadership/matterport-3d-virtual-tours/
Post 9 IP   flag post
Panoskin
Support
Panoskin private msg quote post Address this user
We are working on getting Panoskin approved by VRBO amongst other things. It's interesting how ILS services push back on this type of add-on. Eventually they will come around. Biggest roadblock is that they all want unique content that they will own/have control over. Nobody wants to share these days.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Just had an interesting early morning conversation with HomeAway support. They said, and this so often varies depending on who you get on the phone, that not only would external links be removed as of 5/2/17, but that ALL non-YouTube links would be removed as well. Including, links to pages with more photos of the property.

I have some Vimeo links, approved and up, which I will monitor to see if they are actually removed on 5/2.

The Evil Empire continues it's path to world domination . . .
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@ChrisPowersRealtor

Thanks for sharing.

#insane

Whatever happen to product development from a customer's perspective?

BTW, Realtor.com is an investor in Matterport. Perhaps that's why on the HomeAway front...

Dan
Post 12 IP   flag post
So until this issue is resolved, I made a video. Question, is there a way to not have any Matterport graphics on the tour?

Post 13 IP   flag post
Just got this from HomeAway/VRB: We will only allow YouTube embedded links for videos about properties.

I tested uploading a Vimeo link and it would not accept it.

Here is a screen shot they sent me about the changes. I believe there will now only be one video per property allowed.

Also this: Within your listing, you currently have a tab for “Links & Video”. The title: Video, next to it you see a “URL field” that is the place you would submit a Youtube embedded video link for approval. That area of your listing will remain the same after May 2nd.
See screen print attached.
The area below: Title “Web Links”
Anything below that area will be removed. Any links of any kind in this area approved or pending will be removed as of May 2nd.
Listings will no longer display the Title: Web Links.

Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@ChrisPowersRealtor

I just received this letter from Blockbuster:

"You are required to come to our retail store and pick the DVDs that you want. If they bring them back after we tell you to, we will charge you for that too."

Dan
Post 15 IP   flag post
VRBO is not allowing any logos or branding on the videos. They are calling them links.
Post 16 IP   flag post
101641 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?