Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3rd Party Service ProviderPhotoUp

Videos: PhotoUp RE Image Editing Service4366

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Video 1 of 5: WGAN-TV Live: PhotoUp VP/Marketing Devon Higgins chats with We Get Around Network Founder Dan Smigrod and Members (7:44)

Video 2 of 5: WGAN-TV Live: PhotoUp VP/Marketing Devon Higgins chats with We Get Around Network Founder Dan Smigrod and Members (9:25)

Video 3 of 5: WGAN-TV Live: PhotoUp VP/Marketing Devon Higgins chats with We Get Around Network Founder Dan Smigrod and Members (9:05)

Video 4 of 5: WGAN-TV Live: PhotoUp VP/Marketing Devon Higgins chats with We Get Around Network Founder Dan Smigrod and Members (11:38)

Video 5 of 5: WGAN-TV Live: PhotoUp VP/Marketing Devon Higgins chats with We Get Around Network Founder Dan Smigrod and Members (7:33)

---

PhotoUp: Real Estate Photo Editing to Help You Scale Your Business

HI All,

Do you want to scale your real estate photography service business, but find editing images either time-consuming or not your thing (or both)?

PhotoUp helps you scale and grow your real estate photography business by offering photo editing services.

PhotoUp VP of Marketing PhotoUp Devon Higgins chats with me - and Members of the Forum earlier today (19 April 2017).

Is outsourcing real estate photo editing right for you? Find out in this video chat with Devon at PhotoUp ...

Best,

Dan

Related We Get Around Network Forum Discussions

PhotoUp: Real Estate Photo Editing Service
Thumbs up to PhotoUp!

Post 1 IP   flag post
3rd Party
Service
Myrtle Beach, SC
ArtisticConcepts private msg quote post Address this user
After watching Part 1 of 5, I can definitely see the big need for this service!

I have been using Photoshop Professionally ever since the mid 90's and I am extremely comfortable with most of the Adobe Stable of products, however, it was just last year that I began to explore Lightroom and it's use for Real Estate Photography.

I took on the role of photo processor/editor for another member of the forum a few months back who was shooting 2-3 properties a day. It was extremely exhausting trying to keep up with the demand, juggle my own business, and family commitments. That gig lasted for a few months (which are all a caffeinated blur and a big pile of HDR files and Lightroom catalogs now) but I finally had to bow out and ask him to look for another person to handle the edits because trying to keep up with Realtor's expectations and provide the right quality were just too much for me to handle with that kind of volume.

It sounds like PhotoUp has discovered a very real pain in this industry and it appears that they are offering a wonderful solution that creates a win/win situation.

Any tool that will allow your business the opportunity to scale without sacrificing quality is definitely a tool worth checking out!

Keep up the great work @DevonHiggins! And thank you, @DanSmigrod for sharing this in depth coverage of this resource as well! I look forward to parts 2-5!!!

God Bless,
Chris
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@ArtisticConcepts

I edited the post (above) to include all five videos. Glad you found the first video helpful.

@DevonHiggins

Thank you for joining us for WGAN-TV Live: PhotoUp

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Here's the set of photos I submitted during the chat -
http://metroplex360.zenfolio.com/1232-appaloosa

I woke up this morning -WELL RESETED- and just billed my client! I've requested revisions to the exteriors -- a bit more vibrance and sky replacement and I have a hunch that when I come home from today's shoot, they will be done!
Post 4 IP   flag post
DevonHiggins private msg quote post Address this user
@ArtisticConcepts I appreciate you telling your story and the kind words of affirmation. We have clients coming to us every single day who are just getting too busy to be able to juggle their shoots, editing and family/personal time.

Our goal is to help photographers shoot more, edit less, and spend more time doing what they love (growing their business and/or spending time with family).

We look forward to working with you in the near future and we appreciate @DanSmigrod and the rest of the We Get Around community for their positivity and willingness to use PhotoUp to help them scale and grow.

Cheers!
Devon
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Here's a transcript of Video 1 of 5

Dan

----

Dan Smigrod: [00:00:02] Hi, this is Dan Smigrod, Founder of the We Get Around Network Forum. This is WGAN-TV Live. Today, we're going to visit with Devon Higgins with PhotoUp. But, before we get started, why don't we go around the room ... our virtual room ... and do introductions. Chris?

Chris Hickman: [00:00:21] Hey, I am Chris Hickman. I run Metroplex360.com. I have been on the Forum for a couple of years. And I'm a PhotoUp user.

Dan Smigrod: [00:00:29] Cool. And Doug, how about you? What city are you in? How's it going? I am Doug Tse with the Enviroscan3D. I'm from San Francisco. I'm interested to learn more about PhotoUp. I think it's incredible tool. And, Kathy ... How about you?

Kathy Oman: [00:00:45] I am owner of Big Camera Productions in Seattle, Washington.

[00:00:48] Can you hear me? Yes. OK. I'm interested in what PhotoUp has to offer.

Dan Smigrod: [00:00:56] OK great. So that's Kathy with Big Camera Productions in Seattle I know she will hold up her microphone a little bit.. So Devon, how about introducing yourself?

Devon Higgins: [00:01:08] Yes. My name is Devon Higgins. I'm up here in Grand Rapids, Michigan. I'm Vice President of Sales and Marketing for PhotoUp. ...

Dan Smigrod: [00:01:21] Terrific. Thanks for joining us, Devon. Thanks to our virtual guests from the We Get Around Network Forum as well. So Devon, an opening question. What is PhotoUp?

Devon Higgins: [00:01:33] PhotoUp is a editing platform for real estate photographers to be able scale and grow their business. The biggest thing that we found is a deterrent for photographers - specialty real estate - to be able to scale and grow - is that editing at night. So you hit that certain glass ceiling during any given day where you're only able to shoot maybe two to three homes and that you're spending the entire evening editing. What we've done, is kind of built a whole culture and a company around editing itself. We have a team of 250 people now and over in Cebu, Philippines that is able to do the editing around the clock - 24 hours a day six days a week - so that whenever you need an editing team that's available, their there to do the processing at night. And, frankly we're growing your business.

Dan Smigrod: [00:02:32] Great. I'm hearing that two key points first. This is real estate photography editing. You don't edit anything else. Just real estate photography editing. And, that second part on scaling the business. I think that's you know if you don't mind it will even just go to Chris Hickman who's been giving PhotoOp a test drive.

Dan Smigrod: [00:02:52] Chris, I think you are at the point where you think you were thinking about scaling your business. Can you talk a little bit about that experience?

Chris Hickman: [00:03:00] Love to. PhotoUp came at a great time for me. I've been resisting getting help from anybody. I want to do all my own Matterport tours. I want to do all my own photos. I want to do all my photo processing. It's all mine. I'm the artist here. And, the problem is that I've been picking up momentum.

Chris Hickman: [00:03:17] I have so many days, where I'm double-booked for Matterport shoots. I got Realtors saying do you do photography? And, I've been working a lot in different industries. And, I've been so hesitant about offering Realtor photography because the demands there ... the 24 hour turnaround; the expectations we need to list on Thursday. It's a headache. And when you're shooting Matterport tours and you actually got a schedule ... and you think I did I can't do anything on time. You tend to turn away the business. PhotoUp: it has changed that for me. I can I can easily say, "yes ... I'll get turned in for you the next day." I have to worry about it. I don't have to think. It's instant. Yes, it's an instant sale on my confidence: through the roof. It's great.

Dan Smigrod: [00:04:01] Yeah. So this kind of speaks to the PhotoUp, I think second piece was about scaling the business. ... I would imagine as a VERY creative person ... it was really hard to let go. Did you have some hesitancy about...? I mean imagine you're an excellent editor. Your pictures are probably phenomenal. The thought of giving that up ... that control away ... did you had some angst about that?

Chris Hickman: [00:04:26] I did. My photography ... my editing skills are consistent. I've had consistency of good price points. My clients know what to expect. So turning them to someone else ...???!!!

Chris Hickman: [00:04:40] I've had so many little scammy emails that I've seen over the years. "We'll do your editing for you. Bad grammar. Bad grammar."

Chris Hickman: [00:04:48] I just didn't really think there was a legitimate service that would really do it. Letting go of control...? PhotoUp had a great trial period where there was barely any investment. I did it as a lark. Sure. Here are some photos that need done. You do your worst. And they came back great. And, I had a button - one button - to hit to say, "Hey, I kind of didn't like this I want to revise." They came back perfect. Every decision they made ... the decisions I would have made: maybe if I was fully awake. So, it was awesome!

Dan Smigrod: [00:05:18] So, thank you Chris. And, Devon. ... Do you view your services for someone who is super-busy and that's ... the sweet spot for this? Or, is this for anyone that has real estate photography editing and lots of pictures to edit? .

Devon Higgins: [00:05:41] ... Exactly. Is just for anyone spending too much time at night editing photos. It's an issue. ... PhotoUp allows you - as Chris says - to take on that additional work and not have to worry about the editing ... all those ... potentially until 7:00 or 8:00 at night. ... Do a nice twilight. Send everything to us even a couple photographers who upload all of their jobs on the go. 4G hotspots bring their computers with them in the car uploading throughout the day. That's probably the number one photographer that comes to us. Somebody is just grown to the point where they're so big that they can't manage themselves and they need to get rid of that. The other kind of photographer that comes to us is just somebody you might not like and editing. Just thinks their time, and rightfully so, their time is just more valuable spent at night with friends and with family instead of sitting behind the computer.

Dan Smigrod: [00:06:43] Let's talk a little bit more about the time shifting. ... Maybe, Chris we go back to you for a second here. You're in Texas. I believe you're on Central time ... so maybe your day ends ... and maybe your day never ends ... but let's say your day ends at five or six o'clock at night. Devon, pick it up in terms of what are your different services in terms of how quickly ... with normal turnaround time and what options are there for super-fast?

Devon Higgins: [00:07:15] ... So what we've been able to do is actually create three shifts on our end. That give you 24-hours-editing ... six days a week. So, no matter when you upload photos... Monday through Friday you're going to get 24 hours turnaround, in-fact if you're actually able to upload images to our system and complete them by 2:00 a.m. on Saturday morning. You're going to get 24 hour turnaround.

Dan Smigrod: [00:07:40] ..Let's take a break there. Devon, we'll be back in a moment.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Here's the transcript of Video 2 of 5.

Dan

--

Dan Smigrod: [00:00:01] And we're back.

Dan Smigrod: [00:00:03] So, Devon we were talking a little bit about the work workflow in our in our first segment. So if I do get my pictures in by five o'clock Houston time, what's normal turnaround?

Devon Higgins: [00:00:17] Yes. So standard turnaround is going to be 24 hours. We also have options to rush your batches so to get them back in either 12 hours ... 15 hours ... or 18 hours and those all cost just a little bit extra to be able to bump them to the top of your team's que.

Dan Smigrod: [00:00:36] Okay, well before we actually talk about money, ... let's go back a little bit in terms of quality. Chris, when you did a test ... and you've done a number of tests and you've shared them in the We Get Around Network Forum ... Was it good as...? better than...? Not as good as ...? What would you call the quality of the PhotoUp editing from your perspective?

Chris Hickman: [00:01:01] In full disclosure, Devon is not paying me to say this. I've not been paid off. I'm not going to get a kick back. I'd love a kick back ... because I'm sending so many photos their way, but it's way better ... way better than I expected?

Dan Smigrod: [00:01:17] Is it way better than expected? Or way better than how you edit?

Chris Hickman: [00:01:24] It's better than how I how I edit. I've been editing for a long time and ... I've got a little bit of a piece of humble pie. I do a lot of editing and a lot of techniques. I'm very happy with my editing but PhotoUp ... I feel as if ... I don't know... that this is effortlessness that I'm feeling because I'm not the one doing it. I'm not staying up late at night. I'm not drinking coffee at 3 o'clock in the morning the deadline is tomorrow. There's no blood sweat and tears. The photos come back perfect. Also, I'm shocked sometimes ... that the quality is as high as it is. It came out. ... I shoot HDR. And I submit HDR PhotoUp and how PhotoUp uses that dynamic range. I didn't realize my photos could be pulled as much as they pulled like the blown-out windows. I don't know how they're pulling them in as much as they are. I'm using Lightroom and the same things as the rest ... It's a mystery.

Dan Smigrod: [00:02:26] Kathy and Doug, be thinking of some questions we are going to be coming back to you in a moment. Devon, I want to drill down a little bit deeper in terms of editing ... because I think there are some things you do just as part of standard ... even before you start adjusting the image file.

Devon Higgins: [00:02:44] Yes, so in terms of our editing ... every single Editor that comes in to PhotoUp is put through kind of an editing bootcamp and then we do a minimum of two weeks of pure training with every single Editor that comes in. And then, as soon as they hop onto an actual live team and start editing our clients' photos ... they're going through another process of learning that specific client's style and techniques of editing. Those are some of the questions that we ask you right off the bat as you sign up for PhotoUp. You can either give us all of your processing techniques and styles and preferences in the sign-up process or you can actually just go ahead and choose to use the PhotoUp master process ... is what we call it. And that's just our generic PhotoUp process that we teach every single Editor on our team. And, that's kind of just a baseline standard of editing that we've kind of set ourselves up ...

Dan Smigrod: [00:03:42] Help me understand some of the basics. Though I seem to recall if there's cable TV wires ... If the sky doesn't have any clouds. We must have a list of things that you think about or that just without any direction you automatically do?

Devon Higgins: [00:03:56] Exactly. So, included with every single edit would be things like sky replacements ... would be things like cord re-moveals behind TVs or behind computers would be things like fires added into fireplaces. TV screen images added into those blank TV screens. All of that stuff would be included with just that one single credit.

Dan Smigrod: [00:04:21] And, you mentioned it a little bit earlier about workflow, so am I emailing you the pictures? Or ... content management system ... ?what's that experience like of how pictures get to you and then how pictures come back to the photographer?

Devon Higgins: [00:04:35] So we actually have about a 10-person development team that had built our system from the ground up. So if you see our website ... what you'd actually do is log in to the back-end of that website. You'd be given an account where you can actually send the photos directly to us through our website. During that process, you'd be able to give us things like individual image notes ... batch notes. You'd be able to attach the images to your batches for free if you like a specific image added into the TV screen. Or if you have additional notes or additional presets that you'd like us to use on your specific batch. Then from there you simply press a button and then uploads directly to our team. You get an e-mail notification letting you know when those images will be delivered back to you. And then as soon as your images are done processing, you're given another e-mail that says they're done with a link directly to your batched, so you can review. And as Chris said earlier, if something comes back that you don't really like anything that maybe we just need to adjust it a little bit. You can send those images back to us for revisions and those are absolutely free.

Dan Smigrod: [00:05:47] Great. Doug, were there some questions that you wanted to ask Devon?

Doug Tse: [00:05:51] Yeah. I do actually. So with photos in mind. What are some limitations, because I think people have different equipment. Some people ... even using an iPhone. Some people go is as a professional or was using a Canon 5D camera. Can you take some of those? ...

Devon Higgins: [00:06:21] Yeah. So our mission as a company is really to serve photographers and the photography community. We have had a couple of Realtors only come in and tried to use our system and send us those iPhone photos that you're talking about. What we do at that point is just tell them, "hey unless you're willing to go ahead and invest in a nice DSL camera, or have a photographer that is one of our verified photographers use you to shoot your homes, we're unfortunately not going to be able to work with you." We do have a level of quality that we recommend that you send us. We recommend sending us RAW images; either a single RAW image or bracketed shots that we can blend together using that HDR software ... in order to go ahead and get the best possible quality of your images.

Dan Smigrod: [00:07:07] Doug, do you have a follow-up? ... Do you have a follow-up question at the moment?

Doug Tse: [00:07:16] No. No.

Dan Smigrod: [00:07:17] OK. And, Kathy is there question you were thinking about for Devon? ...

Kathy Oman: [00:07:26] No. I'm just here to listen and see ... I'm one of those who kind of likes the control. So, I am kind of curious about giving it up and letting somebody else do this.

Dan Smigrod: [00:07:39] Yeah. I think that's a really great question Kathy. ... Devon, is that your single hardest thing to overcome is creative people letting go of creativity?

Devon Higgins: [00:07:53] Absolutely. I think we get to a point within your business that we have a lot of people come to us just like Chris talked about. He is probably maybe a control freak back in the day and wanted to keep everything to himself and that's completely fine. But I think if you're really wanting to scale and to grow your business and take it to that next level, you have to start getting rid of some of the things that maybe are not as valuable to you time wise as shooting another home is. Or is getting more business would be. So we take that piece away from you in order for you to get out there and make more sales to Realtors ... to shoot or photos during the day. So really what it comes down to is you working with us to be able to learn your specific editing style - and that is something that we pride ourselves in very greatly. We were not going to just give you a generic editing output. We're constantly learning with you. You're actually given a dedicated team of six individual Editors that are dedicated to your account that are going to learn all the ins and outs about your style that you give them. Your kind of ceiling in terms of editing, is just the amount of feedback that you get back to your team in terms of revision notes; or batch notes; in terms of example images; in terms of actual email feedback that you want to give them ... The more information that you give your team ... the better off their edits are going to be... and, the happier you're going to be with the final result.

Dan Smigrod: [00:09:20] So cool. Stay with us. We'll be back in a moment after the break.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Here's the transcript for video 3 of 5.

Dan

---

Dan Smigrod: [00:00:02] So, welcome back. Chris. During the break you were telling me about ... you started actually offering a service you wouldn't normally offer because all of a sudden you were able to use PhotoUp. Can you ... do you mind retelling the story about today?

Chris Hickman: [00:00:21] Yeah. Yeah. I lot of people on We Get Around offer REALTOR photography. I got a Matterport Camera because I did a lot of multi-family photography. A got a Matterport camera because I had home-builders and I discovered Realtors as clients for the first time because Realtors, there was a demand for Matterport. Now, as I began serving Realtors, I considered should I offer Realtor photography as well? I mean in my area of town - I think across the nation - the price for Realtor photography is hyper-competitive.

Chris Hickman: [00:00:50] Maybe 150 bucks Realtors can pay and they can get a great set of photos, or at least they can think that they're getting a great set of photos.

Chris Hickman: [00:00:59] It's difficult to sell your quality: at that price point. So I really have been turning people away. I've been telling Realtors, "you know I do photography but maybe there's a couple of people around town that have a passion for this ... that you might want to call instead. Well after using PhotoUp a couple times and realizing that it's cost effective - that I can go I can shoot the photography - I can offer both services and I can actually make the 24 hour turn around that Realtors demand. Oh, I'm selling it now. I feel confident to do it and I feel excited.

Dan Smigrod: [00:01:33] So it's kind of interesting is ... at first maybe some hesitancy about letting up on the creativity to let someone else take over the editing has actually been ... sounds like a freeing experience for you. Perhaps more time back with your family in the same time enabling you to scale your your business - in terms of offering additional services.

Doug Tse: [00:01:58] ... I'd like to share ... even add to what Chris is saying because I have the inverse affect how my business started. It started off with Realtors and I couldn't believe that the way that they wanted with pricing was just ridiculous for the kind of work. And. I ... at the time I just said I just don't know how to give you that type of ... price for the worth of the work. And so over time it kind of evolved .more and more you know working with bigger clients. You know in the commercial side. But then I still look back at it ... with the limitations with some of the Realtors that I worked in the past .... You know, hearing from Chris right now and learning from Devon, you know how's the business built with their platform's like. I am very eager to give it [a try]. .... Implement this into my business and have the confidence just be able to say, "we can actually take care of that."

Dan Smigrod: [00:03:06] Thanks for adding that, Doug. Let's talk a little bit about pricing. Devon, I'm going to over-simplify for a moment, then I'll ask you to maybe just jump in. My sense is depending on how busy you are ... how much business you're doing with PhotoUp; it's kind of like between a dollar and $2 a picture. You do that based on credits maybe you jump in and ... talk a little bit about pricing.

Devon Higgins: [00:03:38] Absolutely. So we're set up as a subscription editing service. So Dan as you said what we do is we actually set up different levels of plans where you can buy a certain allotment of credits at the beginning of the month. Those credits are then used to edit your photos throughout the month. We also have a 20 percent rollover policy. So you're able to roll over some of your unused credits month-to-month. And there's no overage charge for going over your allotment of credits for the month. So, the price is then determined based on whatever plan level you choose at the beginning of that month. So our smallest pricing level is going to be ... it's called the Starter Plan - that gives you 50 credits for the month and it costs $99. So it comes out to being right around $2 a credit. Now to edit your images we typically say that one credit equals one edited photo for anything like a single RAW image or a single JPEG image that you're sending us or anything HDR bracketed that you're sending us - those images are going to be just one credit per final image. And again all of that includes verticals straightens. It includes your basic editing and it also includes things like Sky replacement replacements; core removals; fire in fireplace; TV images on TV screen. The only additional cost would be things like rushing your batches; so 12, 15 or 18 hour turnaround.

Devon Higgins: [00:05:13] We also offer things such as day-to-dusk shots. So say you're shooting a home during the day and you actually want to go and ahead and process that as if it were shot at night or during that twilight hour. We can actually do that for five additional credits. There are other things that we offer like lawn replacement or lawn removal. If somebody wants a lawn to be placed into a home that maybe there wasn't a lawn in there to begin with. Maybe it's a new home. We will actually do that for you for a couple of additional credits. One of the cool things for specifically for HDR photographers is that we offer something called HDR window masking; where we actually clip out the best exposure of that view through your window and we'll put it into the final image. We charge an additional half of a credit for that service, but we know a lot of our clients really love those views through the window especially if you are in a scenic area. Doug like San Francisco and seeing those views out the window can be what's selling the home at the end of the day. ...

Dan Smigrod: [00:06:20] Cool. Chris can we come back to you for a moment on pricing. You feel comfortable going through what you are describing in the Forum? .... Yeah I want to say that you bought maybe 200 credits 210 credits ...put you at maybe a dollar a quarter picture. You really want to put PhotoUp through the test. You did a batch. You did another batch. Did another batch. And by the time you got home, I think maybe even one sitting or two sittings you actually blew through what might have been for a normal person ... 10 jobs a month of 25 pictures or something. And I think you did that all in one night.

Chris Hickman: [00:07:11] I was out about 500 credits ... I felt like I was gambling. I felt like just another just ... another batch. Because every time I got back ... I was so impressed and of course I sending back some revisions here-there but it was actually addicting; to feel as if I was working with a team and stuff was actually getting done and things were getting moved off of my [to do list]. I guess I had a week planned of catching up late nights.

Chris Hickman: [00:07:39] This is so addicting that interaction back ... I blew through all these credits really fast. ... I want to make certain you know I put those credits fast because I submitted a lot of pictures ...

Dan Smigrod: [00:07:57] So Devon, if I if I understand the pricing that I'm going to pick a tier to begin the month .. one credit equals X number of dollars anywhere from a dollar essentially to $2 depending on how many I am pre-buying for the month. So, maybe in Chris's case where he was at a level where he bought his credits for a dollar 25 each was sort of kind of editing pictures at a $1.25. And if he went over his allotment he didn't get the benefit of that but he didn't get the benefit of the discount, but he got additional credits at the dollar 25. ...

Devon Higgins: [00:08:35] So, there is no kind of overage penalty for going over the number of credits in your plan at the beginning of the month. You'll simply be charged for any credits that you used at that same price rate at the beginning of the next month. So Chris kind of like you said blew through his credits because he was liking the service. And then I'll just go ahead and he'll pay for any of his overage credits on his next month's bill.

Dan Smigrod: [00:09:01] Great ... We'll be back after the break.
Post 8 IP   flag post
nat_vanveen private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod Hi Dan thanks so much for posting the transcripts Not sure why but for some reason I could only hear sound in the first video for about 10 minutes and then nothing.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@nat_vanveen

Hmmmm. Each video is short. Less than 10 minutes.

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod hmmm it seemed like 10 minutes maybe because I was messing with trying to get my sound working I could hear your voice fine Dan and the middle guy ok but Devon's voice was very faint... then after that nothing.

I've just replayed and now still nothing... something with my laptop...
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@nat_vanveen

We did have some audio problems with the first of five videos. During the break between video 1 and 2, Devon switched to a headset which fixed the audio for videos 2-3-4-5.

Dan
Post 12 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod Oh ok then great thanks
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@nat_vanveen

Here's the transcript for video 4 of 5.

Dan

---

Dan Smigrod: [00:00:01] Welcome back. We've been talking with Devon Higgins with PhotoUp. ... along with our virtual audience. Chris in Southland Texas, Doug in San Francisco and Kathy in Seattle. Thank you all for joining us. We were talking about pricing. Again, I'm probably over-simplifying it to say between a dollar and $2 per image depending on what kind of volume you're doing on a monthly basis. But I think that lets me get my hands around ... understanding it. PhotoUp has been generous ... very kind to extend to We Get Around Network Basic, Standard and Premium Members - two Special Offers: first a trial period of a dollar. For that dollar you get two batches of 10 images. So, I think the examples that you're having a little bit of struggle about letting go and having someone else handle creativity and ... for a buck you can get two batches of ten. See what the experience looks like. You hang in there for the next full month. You're going to get a $100 credit in your account. And, again that's for We Get Around Basic, Standard and Premium Members. Devon, anything else to add on pricing?

Devon Higgins: [00:01:19] Yeah, that's about it. The biggest thing is that it starts out, like I said, our basic plan just to start with us at our lowest level is $2 a credit. $2 and image. It very quickly becomes much cheaper than that. The next Plan level up, is what Chris is on at 200 credits for the month and 300 total dollars so that's Dollar ... 50. The next plan up from there, is 400 credits for the month at $500. So it's a dollar 25. We then have plans all the way up ... and so our large team plan which comes out as being 4,800 credits for 4,800 dollars. So, at that point you're right at a dollar a credit.

Dan Smigrod: [00:02:00] Okay. Thank you for the overview. Now, ... I think when some hears a dollar to $2. ... Probably their first reaction is, "Well, how good could that possibly be. And ... these people in third-world country that are doing this work?" I want to mention that because I think one of the things that you've shared with me a number of times about PhotoUp pro-social work that you are doing in the Philippines, and I really did want to give you an opportunity to talk about ... that only the business of enabling photographers to get affordable editing in order to help scale their business, but how that's helping people in the Philippines.

Devon Higgins: [00:02:43] Yeah. So, our purpose as a company and this is something that we spend a lot of time on is creating that purpose statement is to inspire flourishing both personally and professionally with our employees and our photographers. So how we're doing that with our photographers is obviously helping them scale and grow their businesses and flourish in their business lives and in their personal lives by spending more time with their families. What we're doing then in the Philippines is because the Philippines has such a large amount of young talent that specifically is in the creative community, we've been able to take that piece for photographers that sticks them in front of a computer late at night and put it into an environment where these people are able to flourish and have their first job out of college; are able to learn leadership skills; are able to move-up into middle and upper management; and essentially launch their career to the next level. Couple of big things that we do within our company in terms of social impact are a quarterly impact project. That project is set up and run and managed completely by the team over there. So they pick a piece or a place that they would like to go to to have an impact in their communities and then they set everything up and we give them the means to be able to do that.

Devon Higgins: [00:04:12] So, for instance the last time I was over there with the team we actually took school supplies to a school that was about three miles of hiking in the rain forest and actually spent the whole day with them giving them supplies; running through a few little lessons; playing a few fun games with them. And that was just one of the projects that I got to be lucky enough to join them on. Some other projects that we've done. There was a fire recently by our office over in Cebu and the team decided to rally around and give those fire victims some sling bags and medical kits and clothes to be able to help them out as they were going through this rough time. A couple other things that we've done is beautify an elementary school in the neighborhood that was Struggling financially and a lot of either people who are now PhotoUp employees used to go to the school or they had family members attending that school. So we painted murals; created graphic art along the walls in the playground. We helped them repair a couple of railings within the school. So again all these things that hopefully impact their community in a positive way. And again these are things that they are wanting to do with their own time and effort to be able to put together and help other people within their communities.

Dan Smigrod: [00:05:34] So it's sounds like, win-win-win; win for the photographers that maybe get more time back to their family; a win for the community in Philippines. So .. if any of us had any hesitancy; perhaps, gee, how good could the work be ... I would imagine people in the Philippines are very appreciative of being able to do the business and also have the social benefit of some of these other projects that you all are doing. I would like to talk about some of the things that are coming in ... Fall-Winter 2017. Before I move on to that I just like to go again go around to our virtual audience and just double-check any questions before we ask about new stuff. Chris anything that you want to add?

Chris Hickman: [00:06:28] I'm good (you're good).

Dan Smigrod: [00:06:31] I think the takeaway today is you're a happy camper if you've been banging away at the system and stress testing it frankly for all of us in the We Get Around Network Forum Community we're obviously very grateful for that. ..You are a happy camper in terms of the turnaround; and the quality ...

Chris Hickman: [00:06:52] Yeah. I'm uploading right now. ... 136 images there are bracketed so every ... out of that divide that by three and that's the total set. Just watch the upload this whole time.

Dan Smigrod: [00:07:07] Yeah. All right so that's exciting. Make making more money. And Doug? Any additional questions perhaps you might have for Devon?

Doug Tse: [00:07:17] I don't. I rather just comment. What a local concept you have. Making everything work. It makes sense. While we sleep, their sun is up. So people are naturally working.

Dan Smigrod: [00:07:31] So, ... you're making an assumption that we're all the United States and the sun is up someplace else. But Devon you actually work for clients ... hundreds of clients ... that are all over the globe and We Get Around Network Forum actually has members in more than 90 countries. So, I imagine you will work with any professional photographer anywhere around the globe that your Support happens to be in English - or certainly at this point in Support - English level in your support.

Devon Higgins: [00:08:05] Absolutely. The Support Team consists of myself. My colleague here in Grand Rapids, Haley. And we do have a Support Team as well over there in Cebu. How we're able to keep up and running 24 hours a day six days a week is that we do have three separate shifts. An AM shifts. A PM Shift. And, a graveyard shift to be able to accommodate any of our employees needs and our clients needs. We have a lot of employees over in Cebu in the Philippines that specifically request the graveyard shift just because they have other stuff going on during the day. By no means is that some day like we're forcing people to work at night or it's kind of a deterrent for them to work at night. This is something that's kind of built into that culture and something that they've actually chosen to be a part of and being on the evening shift.

Dan Smigrod: [00:08:58] Sounds good. Kathy? ... I know you were kind of in listening mode. But, I'm going to still ask you, "Did you have another question maybe for Devon?"

Kathy Oman: [00:09:05] I would like to be trained to be able to do the quality that they're doing.

Dan Smigrod: [00:09:11] Oh that's interesting. Devon, the secret sauce. Do you teach the sauce?

Devon Higgins: [00:09:17] We unfortunately do not teach the secret sauce. That's something that we've kind of had to enhance and had to change and learn over time. And that's kind of what we keep close to our chest is that PhotoUP Master Process. So unfortunately we don't do much training. We do do a lot of learning and joint learning. So, if a photographer has a certain technique or a style that they would like us to learn and implement into their photos they can definitely do that. We do keep everything 100 percent confidential. What you can know is that anything that we learn about your specific account we are not sharing with anybody else. That's specifically staying with your account - your account only.

Dan Smigrod: [00:09:58] Yeah. You know I think I'd add to that ... Chris you mentioned about hiring more photographers, as far as I know Devon, your solution is white label. So even even if you're bringing additional people on your team and asking those team ... members to upload the content in the Content Management System for PhotoUp - they don't necessarily know that it's PhotoUp. Is that correct Devon?

Devon Higgins: [00:10:23] Exactly. One of the things that we heard from our clients pretty early on is that they were having such trouble scaling to that next level. OK we brought on PhotoUp. Were able to grow myself but I personally as a photographer can only shoot maybe 6-7-8 homes a day and I don't have any more bandwidth within my own person to be able to shoot anymore. So they need to bring on additional photographers. Now that entailed them teaching that photographer how to shoot; how to edit; pretty much give them the keys to their entire business and then within about two to three months that new associate photographer was out the door competing directly with them. What we then did is create a white label option so that we're actually hidden away from that photographer. The associate photographer any the style of the Admin Photographer is in our system so whenever the Associate Photographer is uploading, their getting that same style as the Admin Photographer ... without knowing who their secret sauce is. That secret sauces being us.

Dan Smigrod: [00:11:28] Right! Cool. When we come back after the break, we're going to talk about what's coming-up in Fall-Winter 2017 with Devon Higgins with PhotoUp.
Post 14 IP   flag post
101428 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?