Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 40 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360PhotoGoogle Street ViewGSV17Japan

Dan Smigrod at Street View Summit in Tokyo4359

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

We Get Around Network Forum Founder Dan Smigrod interviews Google Street View (and Trusted Photographers) Manager Charles Armstrong at IVRPA 2016 in Quebec City.

---

Hi All,

Google invited me to attend the Google Street View Summit in Tokyo Wednesday, 10 May and Thursday, 11 May 2017.

I will be live-streaming the event for you.

Additionally, I will be interviewing executives from many of the 19 companies speaking at the conference: companies that are likely to announce solutions to make it easy, fast and seamless to publish to Google Street View.

As I shared in this post, this will likely be the biggest 360 imaging event of 2017 in terms of announcements.

And, these announcements are likely to either be a threat or an opportunity for you.

Anything that you would like me to ask the executives of Google while I am in Tokyo? Other thoughts about this 2nd annual Google Street View Summit?

BTW, it's a LONG flight from Atlanta to Tokyo so I added a few days of vacation time too. I could imagine shooting some fun 360º photos and videos while I am in Tokyo.

Best,

Dan

We Get Around Network Forum Related Discussions

Google Street View Summit Tokyo 10-11 May 17
Google Street View: Threat or Opportunity?
Matterport Publish to Street View in Tokyo
Google Street View Summit: the 19 Companies
Post 1 IP   flag post
JC3DCX private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod , enjoy and post your 360's :-)
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@JC3DCX

Will do. I added a few vacation days before the Google Street View Summit to sightsee, including taking some 360ºs.

Super-excited about my second visit to Japan.

Domo,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Super-excited that Google invited me to attend Google Street View Summit in Tokyo.

Now that we know that Matterport is one of the 19 presenting companies, it's extra-exciting to be in Tokyo for their announcement.

Be sure to check-out how to watch WGAN-TV LIVE streaming of the two-day Summit.

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user
Enjoy Tokyo! I wonder how much overlap will there be between the Google Summit in Tokyo and IVRPA in Vienna.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Tosolini

I could imagine that all the announcements at the Google Street View Summit are a sub-set of IVRPA. Meaning that IVRPA is still THE conference for the top 2 percent of top-of-their-game 360º spherical photographers.

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Thank you for enabling me to go to Tokyo.

While the invite from Google was for me to attend, I could not imagine that I would have received this invite without the 12,000 monthly visitors to the We Get Around Network Forum and the 2,800 Members from 96 countries.

The We Get Around Network Forum community of 3D-VR-360º photographers, real estate agents and 3rd party service providers is on Google's radar.

どうもありがとうございました,
(Thank you very much,)

Dan

P.S. On a personal note – you may not know that my wife and I have been dancing Argentine tango for nine years. I will be taking a tango class with Junko and her husband Rene in Tokyo this Saturday (6 May 2017). The class then spills into a tango dance party (Milonga). I met Junko and Rene in Atlanta while they were teaching tango classes. So nice to be able to visit - and dance tango with them – and their other students – in Tokyo. Thank you for making this possible too

This is the tango class that I am going to this Saturday in Tokyo
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
The 18-hour journey to Tokyo from Atlanta begins. At the gate for leg 1 to Houston.

Dan

Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

About to board my 14-hour flight to Tokyo....

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
I made it to Tokyo. My bag did not.

Clothes shopping tomorrow in Tokyo.

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
JC3DCX private msg quote post Address this user
Good morning Dan, eish. At least you made it, :-). Strongs and hope there will be lots of news
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Earlier today (Saturday, 6 May 2017), I shot some 360º photo spheres at Happo-En Gardens in Tokyo – the gardens where the Google Street View Summit will be held 10-11 May 2017.

I lost track of the number of brides/grooms/wedding parties in the Gardens.

Heading to an Argentine tango lesson and tango dance later today.

Enjoy,

Dan

P.S. I shot these with a Ricoh Theta S. If I shot them again, I would disable the HDR on the people shots. I asked people to stand still for the HDR, but that's hard to achieve even when everyone speaks the same language. I used the Retouch iOS app to remove the tripod.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod -- Good advice concerning the HDR. The gardens look beautiful and quite a peaceful place.
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

360º Video: I shot this with an InstaAir Nano after the Tokyo Tango class. Translation: Join the We Get Around Network as a Standard Member to receive 40+ Member Benefits.

@Metroplex360 Thanks!

Day 3 in Tokyo (without my luggage). The airline let me know yesterday that my luggage was scanned in Houston, but they did not know exactly where it was. The good news is that I brought two sets of clothes with me and the hotel turns around laundry super-fast.

I going to a tango class followed by a tango dance party Saturday night in Tokyo.

Dan
Post 14 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user
@dansmigrod You are setting a high bar for guerrilla marketing. Nicely done!
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Tosolini When I wrote that caption, I was thinking about you. (Really! It made me laugh writing it.)

The translation is actually, "Rene and Junko, thank you for coming to Tokyo." These are the two Buenos Aires based tango instructors that traveled to Japan to teach tango classes and run tango dancing. I took lessons from them when they were visiting in Atlanta. So, it was a reunion.

All that said I SHOULD HAVE had them say what the caption says

Dan

P.S. Going to lunch with Naoto Somese today. I met him at IVRPA in Quecbec City.
Post 16 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

My luggage returned from its three-day vacation in Houston.

It was re-'United' to me Sunday night in Tokyo.

Sweet that it was in my hotel room when I returned from Tango dancing...

(Too bad I had packed my tango shoes. You have tango shoes, don't you?)

Dan
Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
A fun Sunday in Tokyo ...

A traditional Japanese lunch with 360º photographer Naoto Somese (whom I met at the 2016 IVRPA in Quebec City.

A stroll ...

And an evening of social tango dancing (and a special performance by our guest tango instructors in Atlanta.)

Dan
Post 18 IP   flag post
101421 18 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?