Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Advice

Help!! Why is this wall not showing up???4341

WGAN Basic
Denver
pixelray private msg quote post Address this user
So, I have yet another wall that has gone black that I can't figure out why it won't show up! This has happened twice in the last week. Very frustrating - Front of house bedroom on main level - dollhouse view. Any suggestions???

Also have included photo of the capture app of that room. I'm wondering if it could be that scan 54 is too far away to pick up the wall well enough and that 55 is blocked by the desk - therefore no wall??? But I would think that 54 in a small bedroom would not be too far away where it is now to pick up a wall??? I don't know. Stumped again!

Post 1 IP   flag post
Steve3D private msg quote post Address this user
Remove the trim line and reupload.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Steve3D private msg quote post Address this user
Also remove trim lines on other floors that may be near that area in the home.

Trims on other floors are slicing into other floors.

Matterport has a bug.

I have 3 models that have this bug.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
I'm also guessing trim lines are too close and that's why the walls are cut off in parts.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
I've been having a -LOT- of issues with multiple floor models and walls disappearing for the past few weeks.

I'm wondering if Matterport have been tweaking their algorithms. Mirror, Window and trim line markings seem to be populating to multiple floors.

For instance -- I can see how your patio trim lines are causing you a missing wall. This is a problem I've only noticed in the past month.

Post 5 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
From Matterport:

Hello Chris,

This is a bug we're looking to fix shortly. I've logged your experience against the bug as well for further diagnosis. The short term solution is to delete the Trim marking from the floor below, as the bug is causing the Trim to slice up into the 2nd floor. I will notify you when the bug has been addressed. Thanks for your patience and cooperation in reporting this.

Warm Regards
Marcus
Matterport SupportS-1085
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
THANK YOU!! I knew something was up - my trim lines have always been like that. I had one the other day too...hope they fix this soon.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
My question is - if I remove a trim line from the floor below which happens to have a mirror on that wall and you know what happens with that - thus we always trim - if we remove the trim line, what will happen on that floor now - like for the dollhouse view of that lower floor? Guessing it would look bad if we don't trim that crap off????
Post 8 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@pixelray Try it, upload, see what happens. I believe the mirror tool usually gets rid of the unwanted data... correctly marking mirrors and windows should eliminate most unwanted data ...
Post 9 IP   flag post
101636 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?