Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 40 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceNewbiesProblems

Do deleted scans count to upload scan total?425

Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
According to the Matterport site, "Models with over 100 Scans will count as two Models for pricing purposes"...

Our company is fairly new to this and my wife does the scanning and she called me saying that one room with a bunch of mirrors was causing her grief with failed scan after failed scan. Because of this she'll most certainly go over the 100 Scan mark as even when deleted the scan count goes up.

So my question is this: when the model is uploaded, are the deleted scans counted to the upload total, or just the ones that remain?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
No only the actual scans you upload. Deleted ones don't count.
Check the total scans on the app before you upload. It's on the top left (to the right of the home button) with a green dot next to it. This is the total number you are uploading. If you end up just being over 100, it is worth duplicating the model and eliminating some non essential scans to bring it under 100.
Post 2 IP   flag post
JohnBecker private msg quote post Address this user
It's also worth noting that it doesn't matter if you disable scans in Workshop. Disabled scans still count in your total.
Post 3 IP   flag post
good point John. I bet this has caught some people out
Post 4 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
Much appreciated!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Rentertainment private msg quote post Address this user
what happens when you go over 200 scans?
Post 6 IP   flag post
I assume they charge you 1 scan for each 100 sweeps, but perhaps someone who has done more than this could answer. They only support up to 200 as well, so if your model fails after this then you have no recourse.
Post 7 IP   flag post
CKC private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Jamie,

Does MT charge you when you duplicate a 110-scan model and reduce it to a 99-scan model and re-upload it? Basically you have one house and two models (110 scans and 99 scans)....
Post 8 IP   flag post
Nope. you get charged for 2 x models for the first. Provided you use that model again, either original or duplication then it's no further charge
Post 9 IP   flag post
CKC private msg quote post Address this user
I see, so you get charged for the 110-scan model (as two models), then that's it...?
Post 10 IP   flag post
Yep. You could re-upload 99 or 110 and not be charged.
On that note, if you trim a duplicate 110 to 99 and upload, you will be charged for 1. If you then upload the 110 after, they charge you an additional 1 (2 in total)
That's from experience and it was 103
Post 11 IP   flag post
101421 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?