Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
TourMySpace private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone have a solution for an agent getting a lot of spam from the forms on the model pages? I have tried added with shortcode but they are not showing up.

Any suggestions on what form plugin to use that works nicely with little coding experience.

Thanks
Bill
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@RealEstateVR

Hhhhhhhmmmmmmm....

One of our clients reached out with this problem today (3 April 2017)

While at SPAR3D, I have not had a chance to research.

I will ask WP3D Models Developer @rpetersn to comment.

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
Joelbcollins private msg quote post Address this user
I'm getting a bunch of emails from clients as well...I emailed Ross, I'm sure he's got something up his sleave to help (he's the man).
Post 3 IP   flag post
TourMySpace private msg quote post Address this user
My client received over 30 emails in an hour. I have disabled the forms until a solution can be found.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Belfast, United Kingdom
3dshowcaseuk private msg quote post Address this user
which forms are we talking about?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
rpetersn private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All & @RealEstateVR - Ross here from WP3D Models.

It seems that suddenly there's a massive influx of Form SPAM happening around the web. The built-in SPAM thwarting method for WP3D v.2.2 (and earlier) needst to be updated and we'll be issuing a new WP3D Models release (2.2.1) very soon (later today or tonight).

Updating to this version (2.2.1) will include the ability to add Google's "reCAPTCHA" to the built-in WP3D Models form and should stop these SPAM messages.

In the meantime, if you want to prep for our new release, please follow this new documentation on generating reCAPTCHA API keys for this (forthcoming) release:

https://wp3dmodels.com/doc/adding-recaptcha-api-keys/

Please stand by & thanks for your patience while we hustle to push out a new version with this fix today.

Cheers,

Ross
WP3D Models
Post 6 IP   flag post
Belfast, United Kingdom
3dshowcaseuk private msg quote post Address this user
I only installed today but while I was doing it noticed a spam plugin for wordpress.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
GlennTremain private msg quote post Address this user
ah
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
pixelray private msg quote post Address this user
I am having multiple clients get HAMMERED - 100's of emails today - constant barrage. Seems to be no rhyme or reason - thought they were only happening to older models first, but now seems newer ones are getting hit too. So I am guessing this is happening to everyone that uses these forms on wp3d. If you don't want to get very angry clients, address this asap. I basically turned off all my contact forms for now - the quick fix. But obviously this is something that needs to be turned back on at some point very soon. So hopefully the fix Ross gives us will work. Just the worst time for this to happen today but seems like that's how it always works when bad things happen.

Could it be those pesky Russians at it again?!! HeHe. Couldn't resist.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
I'm working on this as fast as I can everyone. I appreciate your understanding and will ship out a fixed version ASAP.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
Hello all...

We've just pushed out an update for WP3D Models (v.2.2.1).

We apologize for the challenges caused by multiple SPAM messages today and have been working on a fix from the moment we were made aware this AM. The previous SPAM thwarting method that we were using appears to have been solved by the stinkers that make a living off of email spam. So, we decided to bring in the "big guns" from Google's reCAPTCHA service as a permanent fix. It is now free & easy to add to your WP3D Models-based site and should take just 1-2 minutes to implement.

WP3D Models customers, you'll want to follow these steps as soon as possible to stop any ongoing SPAM emailing of you, or your clients:

1. Update WP3D Models using the automatic update in your WordPress Admin

2. Follow the instructions for generating reCAPTCHA keys from our Documentation

Once you've done this, all should be back to normal!

Thanks for your patience and understanding as we worked to resolve this issue as quickly as possible today.

Cheers,

Ross Peterson
WP3D Models
Post 11 IP   flag post
Helen private msg quote post Address this user
@rpetersn Thank for the great fast fix!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
Thanks @Helen for your patience/understanding.
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

Ross shared with me of a suggested "next steps" once installed. Please see below.

Dan

---

I'd reach out to whatever client was getting a lot of messages and see if the junk messages are no longer being send.

Additionally, I'd send a test message (so you can see the new reCAPTCHA field) and make sure that legitimate messages are still getting through, with this new feature in place.
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
New York City
3dVuz private msg quote post Address this user
WHERE do you insert the recapture KEYS??
Post 15 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
Hi @3dVuz - Where to paste the keys is detailed in our documentation:

https://wp3dmodels.com/doc/adding-recaptcha-api-keys/

Additionally, here's that screenshot of where to paste the keys:

Hope that helps!
Post 16 IP   flag post
101437 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?