Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Hardware ErrorSensor ErrorUrgent

Matterport Hardware Sensor error - help!4210

Rootsyloops private msg quote post Address this user
On a shoot now at a house that spent 4 hours prepping and I'm getting a hardware error that says sensor fault. Any tips? Any chance of getting it up and running on my own? I've tried several restarts to no avail.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Rootsyloops

Photo of the error message?
Were you scanning?

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
I had just powered it up
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Rootsyloops

Not good. We have seen that error message a few times. Usually, Matterport says we will overnight you a replacement camera and please send the camera back in the same box we shipped you.

Do you want us to locate a Pro near you to see if they will loan their Matterport Camera to you to finish jobs between getting the replacement camera?

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Rootsyloops

Here is the identical issue and resolution as described above:

Matterport Camera indicates Hardware Error

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
lisahinson private msg quote post Address this user
Urgent Onsite requests - Matterport (650) 437-6159 PRESS EXT. 4
if you haven't already called in...
Post 6 IP   flag post
SpencerLasky private msg quote post Address this user
If by chance you had the camera outside and brought it into a cool air environment and your in "paradise" as in palm tree's and humidity. It might be the dew sensor. You might use a hair dryer to warm it and dry it or let it adjust to the air con and in time it drys. That was something we use to deal with a lot on BetaCam's and other electronically depended stuff. However it's actually worse going the other way - from the cool inside and hitting warm humid outside bam.. Hopefully it can help, and it's as simple as that.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Thanks for all of your responses! Unfortunately, no-go with reboots, etc. here's the email Matterport sent me:

Post 8 IP   flag post
SpencerLasky private msg quote post Address this user
Well that's a bummer but seems like Matterport is solid on supporting us in the field.

Spence
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Rootsyloops

Yup! Camera swap. If you have jobs lined up - and need a loaner or engage a Pro - please Private Message me, and we'll see if we can locate a Pro in your area.

Best,

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
I just have drone shoots lined up the next couple days, so I won't need a backup - but thanks for the offer, Dan!

Thanks to all of you for you support, responses and suggestions. Kind of embarrassing to have equipment go down in the field. It was nice to know all of you were out there to talk to!
Post 11 IP   flag post
kenangiguere private msg quote post Address this user
I received my second camera today. I'm on a job, doing a few exterior 360's and I get the same hardware issues. I actually have both cameras with me and they both do it. It's only when shooting 360's. scans work fine. Maybe this is a software issue bug?
Post 12 IP   flag post
FlightMedia private msg quote post Address this user
@kenangiguere I had the same issue when we last used our's.

Internals went without a problem I wanted to try taking the scan outside on the decking, it was an overcast day but could not get the camera to align after 3/4 attempts at different heights though I'll carry out a few 360's instead, on the second 360 this same fault came up and the camera froze, rebooted and still no joy so abandoned it as a waist of time.
Post 13 IP   flag post
101436 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?