Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceFeesHostingNewbies

Long time storage on Matterport Cloud421

kc1302 private msg quote post Address this user
Has anyone ever thought how to tackle long time storage on the Matterport Cloud. For example if you going to do some hospitality scans, imagine they would want to keep this for eternity online. I don't want Matterport to charge me a zillion bucks for it. Imagine the cost for like 50 years!

Any idea/suggestions how to tackle this problem?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Rentertainment private msg quote post Address this user
charge your clients annual fees.. that is what we do, as most of our clients are event spaces and entertainment centres
Post 2 IP   flag post
thanks, how much do you charge? And do they own the ownership of the 3D model, do you give them access to matterport portal?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
You don't even own the models unfortunately
I'd be more concerned if matterport goes out of business or has a storage failure. We can't host our own models. If they go down, we go down too
Post 4 IP   flag post
thats also my concern, don't like to see that in 50 years. If it does happen, and you charge them a annual fee, they can sue you right? Maybe signing a mutual contract will get us out of this trouble.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Yep you need a nice disclaimer stating it's hosted by a 3rd party and using the service constitue a release of liability
Post 6 IP   flag post
CarlosFHdz private msg quote post Address this user
I think technology is changing too fast to worry about long term (more than 5 years) storage. I think they'll be much better options and even private hosting options in the future.
Post 7 IP   flag post
andreabortolot private msg quote post Address this user
Guys I'm bit confused...Why are you concern about host/cost/time?for example,if I host 50 models and have a basic contract (max 100 models hosted)I should pay $49 x12 months right? Which means that year #2 I still pay the same...or there will be additional costs? We started our business recently and clients are reluctant to accept paying annual fees.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I'm concerned about hosting if their server goes down, or they go out of business. It's unlikely, but it could happen.
I don't charge hosting until yr 2, and then it's $50 per year. If you can have at least 12 people doing this, your minimum monthly cost is covered.
Post 9 IP   flag post
ccctucker private msg quote post Address this user
Well, tha reality is that if they go out of business,so do I, so it probably won't matter. We offer 6 mow free and then $3 a month after that in 6 mon increments (prepaid). The idea is to have a few long term accounts to pay that monthly fee..
Post 10 IP   flag post
@ jamie that would be a suitable solution
@ andreabortolot, like Jamie said before, if their hosting goes down, we are too. Clients will be pissed off and we're even more further from home. But putting a disclaimer out there would save a lot of trouble. Then again, if all of your 100 models are for long time storages, for example hotel rooms, you will be paying each month 100 models for your clients only. $499 a year. Unless you charge them, otherwise you won't cover up the costs.
Post 11 IP   flag post
andreabortolot private msg quote post Address this user
Any one of you can share a draft of the disclaimer? It could helpful. Thanks!
Post 12 IP   flag post
do you guys put the disclaimer in the Terms of Use section? or somewhere else?
Post 13 IP   flag post
DigitalImageries private msg quote post Address this user
I'm at the point in my matterport experience that i'm beginning to get confused. I don't think I understand the hosting fees.

a few days ago I signed up for the Professional $99 /month
7 free models per month – a $133 value

Because I had 2 old and four new scans this month, I thought I needed to increase my number of models per month (had three before)

But as I read this thread and re-read the order form, I am thinking that the old ones don't count towards the free models per month.

2 models apply to the Max Models Hosted and 4 apply the number of free models per month... Am I right on this?

It would be a huge relief as people really bulked when I quoted $20.00 hosting!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Ok so here is how it works

All plans are monthly and only count for the models you upload during that time PST
You don't get credit if you don't use your monthly allowance. Use it or lose it
$49 gives you 3 models per month, 100 hosted and 5 collaborators (additional people on your account)
$99 gives you 5 per month, 200 hosted and 20 collaborators
$149 gives you 11 per month, 300 hosted and 50 collaborators
Each model over your allowance is $19 each
If your scans are between 3-100 it is counted as 1. If it's between 101-200 it's 2. So be careful

If you opt to pay for 12 months access you get 2 months for free.

Does that help?
Post 15 IP   flag post
DigitalImageries private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Jamie, that helps a lot and makes me feel better about the whole program.
Post 16 IP   flag post
smcclell private msg quote post Address this user
I'm surprised how low you guys are quoting your hosting costs. I was thinking more around the $20 range per month.

Maybe adding a discounted rate Vs how many they have with me bring the cost down per tour. I may be way off the mark though ;p
Post 17 IP   flag post
PedroPretell private msg quote post Address this user
I charge:

1 year: $100
2 years: $150
3 years: $200

Since the bulk of my clients are developers, they usually don't need the Tour for more than 3 years.
Post 18 IP   flag post
sebastien private msg quote post Address this user
Hello all
i'm a new member from France ! So what i have to know is that if i do 50 models in 2 month, i will pay 149dol for the first 11 + 39x19dol for the rest = 890dollars
and the hosting will be for these 50 models next years 149dollars/month ??
Thanks for your advise
regards
sebastien
Post 19 IP   flag post
Yep you are correct
Your $149 monthly fee includes 11 models. Remember up to 100 scans is 1 model and above this is counted as 2.
The balance is charged at $19 each. If you are doing very high volume, give them a call and see what they can do about the price.
You can also get a yearly plan and basically get 2 months/22 models for free by paying in advance
Post 20 IP   flag post
101437 20 20
This topic is archived. Start new topic?