Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Capture App

Accountless Capture Background Upload4192

Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
I provide Matterport scanning services as a subcontractor for many other agencies and provide services to some clients with their own accounts. I'm quite careful to swap out accounts before uploading.

Today, I finally received access to the collaborator account I was waiting on in order to upload a tour from last week. I logged in, clicked upload, and 3 seconds later, the upload was done. Well, this must have been a mistake. So I duplicated the model and uploaded again. 3 seconds, done.

I researched on WGA and found several articles about Capture uploading data in the background.

Upload Partially Complete Before I Upload
Upload Speeds

What is interesting is that until one MANUALLY clicks the upload button while logged in -- the tours that are background uploaded are not assigned to an account. This is very curious behavior -- and it's good.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Chadcloses private msg quote post Address this user
I just did my first properties for someone with their own account. I logged in as them, which by the way requires an internet connection. I uploaded the models before I left the job using the sales office wifi but they both uploaded just as all other have. Just make sure you remember to switch accounts before your next job. Lol. I had another model immediately after but I did remember to switch back to my account before starting.
Post 2 IP   flag post
aerialpixels private msg quote post Address this user
>>This is very curious behavior -- and it's good.

@metroplex360 I wish I could understand why its good.
I imagine your code-crazed mind bubbling with excitement.

Are you like the character Tank in the Matrix...u dont see the code anymore..its girl in red here, man there...
Post 3 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@aerialpixels No, listen

So I shot 2 tours... I logged into a new collaborator account and clicked upload for the FIRST TIME EVER. IT took 2 seconds. I thought that something must have gone wrong. No way those tours uploaded that fast...

And then I realized -- they uploaded in the background and the account information is assigned at the moment that the user actually CLICKS upload.

I think this is a VERY strange decision by Matterport. It's good in that it saved me time ... the tours were not preprocessed - so that still had to happen. I just wish that Capture would have a notification that the tours are on Matterport's servers already awaiting connection to an MSP account.

It was a little Scooby Dooish.
Post 4 IP   flag post
aerialpixels private msg quote post Address this user
hahaha.. i see.

yup, i too had experienced super fast uploads that did raise my eyebrows. but i didnt question why and just continued my life with the blue pill...
Post 5 IP   flag post
101428 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?