Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Marketing

How many Matterport Spaces Scanned Annually?4173

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

A Member asked me which Matterport Pros are shooting the most Matterport Spaces 3D Tours annually.

Let's start with 250 Matterport Spaces 3D Tours annually.

1. Does that include your Matterport Service Provider business?
2. And, how are you able to achieve this volume?

Thanks,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
Cleveland, OH
CLE3D private msg quote post Address this user
Good morning!

In the last 12 months, I've done just over 250 spaces totalling just shy of 1mil sq ft. Matterport tours are our primary product sold with most everything else being add-ons to increase revenue per sale and compliment the MP business. Almost all of my new business comes from word of mouth or agents finding a tour attached to a current listing and triggering them to find out more info. As we move thru 2017, we're actually building out marketing calendars and strategies for growth. Additional services and offerings will certainly be a key element of staying in front of tech and being the local expert in real estate digital marketing.
Post 2 IP   flag post
nat_vanveen private msg quote post Address this user
@CLE3D Kudos to you, that's a heck of a lot of tours!

@DanSmigrod as you know we're a start-up in VR safety induction for the Mining and Resources, Security and Emergency Rescue industries - land or sea.

Our baseline is a minimum of 6 sites per month by just one MP on the smallest size property based on scanning 1500 SQM (16,146 SQFT). Only working 10 months per year so that's a total of 90,000 SQM (968,752 SQFT) from one MP.

In a period of a month it won't be possible for one MP to do more than 6 sites (20 hours each scan site) due to travel time, site inductions, processing time, project admin tasks, meetings.

Our projections are we'll need at least 3 MPs on sub-contracts in Western Australia by July this year... so approx. 270,000 SQM (2.9M SQFT)...

Also the MP will be doing Matterport tours and 360 using Ricoh Theta S.

Cheers, Natalia
Post 3 IP   flag post
Cleveland, OH
CLE3D private msg quote post Address this user
@nat_vanveen Thank you! And your projects sound awesome too and I look forward to seeing some of it!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
2015 - 20 Spaces. 54,193 billable SQFT.
2016 - 149 Spaces. 319,804 billable SQFT
2017 - 32 Spaces. 105,953 billable SQFT.

This is a mixture of homes, apartments and businesses. SQFT is a combination of posted MLS SQFT and calculated SQFT from MP2SQFT.

As of March 2017, I have a second camera on the ground and an awesome team member so that I can handle multiple shoots on the same day and who has also been a Godsend as my wife has been in and out of the hospital several times this year with health complications.

I attribute my success to a few things:

#1) Starting with an existing clientel in multi-family and converting existing 360 panorama business to Matterport business.

#2) Operating in a region with a thriving real estate and multi-family apartment market.

#3) We-Get-Around.com and MSP referrals for scans and contracting opportunities from other nationwide vendors.

#4) Google Street View referrals -- providing GSV and selling Matterport Tours as added-value purchases.

#5) Regional Google AdWords marketing capped at $150/mo that targets the areas that I want to provide services in.

#6) Matterport's presence at Realtor and Multi-Family conventions. They are getting the word out about the technology and getting many people interested. Some may buy a camera, and some will engage an MSP. My phone rings the day after a convention where professionals in my area have attended and spoken with Matterport.

--

I want everyone here to succeed. As more markets engage MSPs, the platform moves towards ubiquity. I believe that in 2017, I've already experienced the effects of Matterport successfully marketing their service and adoption creating a snowball effect.

It is my prediction that I will need to purchase a third camera and have a third set of boots on the ground by the end of the year based upon how well Matterport tours seem to be received.

I encourage everyone to stay positive, keep refining your marketing as an MSP and to be ready for opportunities with clients. Market to Realtors, Home Builders, Apartment Management, etc.

In 2015, I couldn't give these tours away to free and had a hard time convincing my existing clients to try something new. It was reading people's experiences here on we-get-around and having a community like this that kept me encouraged.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Woods private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod, thank you for posting this. And thanks to the other posts, this information is extremely helpful. I would love to see more posts like this, because it allows new forum members to see the need and possible yearly growth @Metroplex360.

It's tough to promote good business without others wanting to invade, but at least we are mostly city/regionally based... for now.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101436 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?