Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Advice

Slow scanning all of a sudden4133

WGAN Basic
Denver
pixelray private msg quote post Address this user
On my 2nd job of the day and all of a sudden after a normal day of scanning, my scan time has slowed tremendously during the actual scanning and rotating of my camera. Now I am getting a "processing images" message between each scan and it's much slower than normal. Anyone else Have this happen? Any suggestions?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Property3dNZ private msg quote post Address this user
@pixelray Hey this has happened to me when the home has been darker - it seems to take the camera longer to process. Ive noticed it mainly in garages where there are no or little windows and its late in the day. All I can suggest is making sure all light sources are turned on
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
Hmmmm. Well it's very bright here.

I just tried a reboot and it seemed to kind of help but not much.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
Actually it didn't help much at all if any. This is going to turn my 3 hour job into a 5 hour one at this rate. Argh.
Post 4 IP   flag post
3D Renderings
AEC Elevation Drawings
Montreal, Québec
ArchimedStudio private msg quote post Address this user
"processing images" during the scanning process has been here since the last update (a few weeks/month ago).
I don't think it slowed down (at least not significantly). It's still around 40s per scan (I've read 20s on this forum before... I'd really like to see that with my own eyes!)...

however, very VERY slow rotation and scanning happened to me once a few months ago. After doing a restart of the camera, restart of the ipad (and I might have plugged in the camera a few sec... can't remember exactly), the problem went away and the scanning was back to normal.

I hope it will fix itself on its own!

Cheers,
Matt
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
Matt - I Have noticed it before too but I never had significant delay during the rotation as I am having now.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
@propert3dnz / thought you may be interest in this update - so I moved from a dark hardwood floor to carpet and now that I am on the carpet, the isssue is still there - but not nearly as bad. Could it be the dark flooring???

Ha!!! As soon as I type that, the problem just came back! So frustrating!
Post 7 IP   flag post
JC3DCX private msg quote post Address this user
It happens when there is LED lights or lights that can cause frequency banding and the camera then takes extra images and gets rid of the banding
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
Ah ha - that must be it. It's a brand new home so I'm guessing this place is full of them.
Post 9 IP   flag post
101646 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?