Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 488 Unique Visitors
9,045 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,567 Page Views | 18,421 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Kracka60 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Everyone

Doing a large presentation tomorrow morning and have been trying to get the Chromecast to work properly using the Gear VR headset.

It's fine with just the Note 4 casting to the TV but whilst using the Gear VR its anything up to 25 sec behind. Is this normal or should it be alot more responsive? Does it use the wifi network in the house or does it have its own??

I also couldnt get the Ipad to connect to it properly even with the app downloaded.

Has anyone else had this problem??

Kal
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Kracka60

In lieu of Chromecast this morning for a demo to a group of 13, I let a participant describe the experience to the group.

(I believe) the simulcast of VR Showcast Beta does not live up to the imagination of a newbie describing the experience to the group.

I stayed behind so anyone that wanted to try, could. Nearly all did.

VR is a new medium. I do not like showing it in a way than is less then a WOW, that's amazing experience.

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user
I just experimented with Kinect for Windows and a virtual mouse desktop app.

Not perfect by any means, but it's another way to make people feel engaged with the experience.

Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Tosolini That's cool!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Rentertainment private msg quote post Address this user
When i chromecast off the GearVR, my model suffers badly from Jitter, so much so I cant even use it? any recommendations?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Kracka60 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Guys and especially the Aussie Matterporters.

Well the demo went extremely well this morning but didnt use the Chromecast as it was way to much lag.

The actual presentation was for Channel 7 news here in Brisbane highlighting the technology change in Real Estate listings.

After doing a demo on the Matterport 3D Showcase and then showing the Matterport VR, the presenter and Ray White Real estate staff were nothing short of blown away with the technology.

Will advise when this interview will go to air nationally asap.

Kal
Post 6 IP   flag post
Marcel private msg quote post Address this user
Awesome Kal. I look forward to seeing the interview. Let us know when it's on. Dont forget to record it
Post 7 IP   flag post
DoyleRealtor private msg quote post Address this user
I've done chromecast with matterport beta app once successfully for a presentation, the other times the venues didn't have HDMI capabilities. Having a volunteer describe their experience is actually quite entertaining for the crowd.
Post 8 IP   flag post
101587 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?