Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
bugCapture AppNavigationOutdoors

Don't start a scan outside!410

Missoula, MT
rpetersn private msg quote post Address this user
Just a quick "heads up" here to let others know that it is likely a bad idea to start a new scan project with your first sweep being "outside".

I did so recently (not knowing any better) and it created some really odd behavior with those first few outside scans.

I pulled out my hair and re-uploaded a half dozen times thinking that I'd created the oddness in my "trimming". That definitely isn't the issue and I figured the bug deserved a bit more attention along with it's own thread.

Here's the oddness I'm describing:

http://wp3dmodels.com/3d-model/slant-street-vacation-rental/

(Notice how you can't click on any of the outside "circles"....but CAN navigate to them using keyboard arrow keys)
Post 1 IP   flag post
CarlosFHdz private msg quote post Address this user
That's not just with starting outside, I had the same issue mid way through a session. I went outside into a patio and the result was a black area in the 3D view and black on floor plan; however, I was unable to navigate to the outside, so I had to trim it. It just seems like that deck is too bright.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
Ah...good to know. Thanks @CarlosFHdz. I read (in some other thread that I can't find now) that this "black area" you describe was the result of to starting outside. I got rid of that specific oddness with a more creative trim (in one of my dozen upload tests), but perhaps just waiting to scan the outside at dusk would have solved it.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user
I had the same issue on a model last Friday. An invisible barrier seemed to prevent me to cross a door, although I could see the circles and reach the other side through the dollhouse. I escalated the issue and they told me that the problem was related to some of my scans having the door open, and some having the door closed.

In your case I can see that the dollhouse has the door semi-close, while the walk-through shows the door open. I bet you encountered my same issue.

I plan to redo my scans and re-upload them by keeping the door always in the same position (either close or open).
Post 4 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
Hmm... @Tosolini I'm fairly certain we didn't move the door during the scan. I try to be really careful not to move anything once I get started as I've experienced other oddities that appear in those cases.

Anyway..thanks for the tips guys. I do think I'll refrain from starting outside no matter what.
Post 5 IP   flag post
CarlosFHdz private msg quote post Address this user
I had the same issue where there was a wall trying to go outside because I scanned the downstairs with the door open, then midway up the stairs, we closed the door and kept scanning. It resulted in having an imaginary wall and unable to access the outside. I had to change the lower portion of the stairs to be part of the 2nd floor and it corrected the problem.

Nevermind, I walked through your model, and the door looks partially closed because both sides are captured.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
Thx guys...all good advice. I'm going to rescan this little space once the current tenants move out in August.
Post 7 IP   flag post
davidpylyp private msg quote post Address this user
Is the terms of upload contained in each upload?
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@rpetersn

I shot this Penthouse with an outdoor Terrace (nearly 1,000 sf) on Saturday.

1. I did the capture from the inside out.
2. I did the capture after the sun was not visible to the camera. (Even though the sky was still bright.)
3. Success!

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
Awesome @DanSmigrod ...looks great!
Post 10 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
I also did an interior exterior scan. I did run into an issue when I scanned once with the door closed and once with the same door open. But like Dan I did this later in the evening, it was still bright but the sun did not cause an issue. On this scan I did a deck and then the patio below it and other than the closed door I was able to move to the deck and patio. But same advice if you are thinking about going outside start with the door open and leave it open.

Ron
Post 11 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
It would appear that the most recent update to the capture app or camera have increased the sensitivity to IR as well as letting the capture app accept scans that should have been rejected (cant's access the circles). This is discussed in detail in the forum below.

https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/topic/403/exterior-scan-issues/#20 Where I experienced the very same issues.

There's a very good response from Glenn at MP who states that it's now best to shoot exteriors only at dusk as there is no direct IR from the sun at that time of the day.
Post 12 IP   flag post
101437 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?