Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 406 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 32,418 Page Views | 18,255 Unique Visitors | 24 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
IRIS 360 ProNCTech

NCTech iris360 Pro 3D Immersive4067

Helen private msg quote post Address this user
If you have not seen it yet check it out! New Matterport competitor? Google inside view ready! Come on Matterport don't get left behind!
clickable text
Post 1 IP   flag post
NCTEC LASiris I remember last year Dan posted a video of NCTECH at a speaking engagement saying they wanted to put a 3D reality capture camera in the hands of consumers for about $500 which would have been great, but this price tag is a far cry from that!!!
clickable text
Post 2 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user
Very interesting new devices from NCTech. I did order the Iris360 a year ago, only to be put in a long waiting list for months. So I canceled. I'm glad I did at this point.
Post 3 IP   flag post
mcatino private msg quote post Address this user
Dum..ta..dum..dum..da! @Helen, Does anybody pay MSRP? Glad I returned my MP last week. This might be something to sink my teeth in to and lets see if they have a intro deal.

Oh look it can be made into 3d walk throughs. See ya round Appple, I mean Matterport.

I hope they don't get on the plan train. Buy the camera pay as you go will get more cameras into more hands. I hope NCTech is listening.

I have learned so much here, thanks again Dan for this forum.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Helen

Great find. Thanks for sharing!

Perhaps NCTech will send me one to review and then share with other Members like you to review too.

Related Forum Discussions:

There'll soon be a major new player in town
NCTech iris360 Camera versus Matterport
Shot over the bow? Iris VR
IVRPA: Google Street View Update
Disruptive Technology
Video>Google Street View Meets 1-click 360ºs

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
Is this a dollhouse view? I have no idea how they do it since the camera is just a 4 lens device with no measurement devices (infrared or laser).

I would like to know more, obviously. So far the information is scarce.

Anyway, be prepared for a long waiting list, as @Tosolini mentioned. It took me several months to get my first Iris360.

From a market´s perspective, I would only purchase it if and only if it offers a real dollhouse and the possibility of adding content like tags or something similar.

Purchasing it for the sake of the number of megapixels doesn´t make sense to me. After all everything ends up in a small screen in a smartphone...

There is a catch in the promotion: they mention a conversion to 3D ("We can convert your iris360 Pro panoramic images to fully immersive 3D" ) but is not clear if it is something that is included or if it will be at an additional cost. If so, I would like to know how much.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I am looking at this camera from a different point of view. Dollhouse is super cool but A client of mine is really interested in just the walk through aspect. That would not be a deal breaker for me.
Post 7 IP   flag post
iGUIDE
Founder/CEO
Kitchener, Canada
Alex_iGuide private msg quote post Address this user
Photogrammetry allows generation of structure of space using images. RealVision (Toursler), InsideMaps, Cupix all use that method to generate floor plans and rough structure of walls. Other name for it is Structure From Motion (Sfm). The structures are computed up to an arbitrary scale and at least one reference length measurement is needed where length is known to set the proper scale. While it is possible to extract 3D points from multiple overlapping images, accuracy and fidelity will not be that great unless the images are high resolution and taken from close distance which implies a lot of images are needed. If you noticed in the demo video, the chair in one of the rooms was flat and was projected on the wall and did not have any 3D structure to it.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@mcatino you have a point there. Some clients are only interested in a simple walk through and for that you don´t even need this Iris360Pro.

Yesterday I visited one of the biggest players in commercial real estate in Argentina, Colliers (they are international so maybe you know them). They told me that they bought a Ricoh Theta and they are doing their virtual tours in house at practically zero marginal cost.

So to promote the sale or lease of very expensive corporate offices, at prices comparable with the biggest cities in the world they are using a simple consumer gadget!

This means that until consumers start demanding better quality models or more realistic walt throughs, there will be no chance for the newest high quality gadgets if we are talking Real Estate.

Personally I don´t see space for a near $3,000 camera in my portfolio just because it has 90MP or whatever they say it has. I am looking for a faster way of doing what Matterport is offering, or a decent way of doing what Matterport cannot do, like large spaces (something that Planitar, for example, can do although it has a per sq ft cost structure that makes it a little bit expensive for some cases).
Post 9 IP   flag post
@Alex_iGuide thank you very much for the explanation.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@mcatino

How about buying one and reviewing for us?

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
Standard
Windsor, UK
leonvanzweel private msg quote post Address this user
I just spoke to NCTech Main differences between the iris360 and the iris 360 PRO is that the resolution has been bumped up from 32MP to 90MP. The body is also a redesign to be extremely rugged.

The big differentiator will be their OnestopVR. Not much info available at the moment, but Quote from the website:

---

"Capture. Process. Deliver.
Taking the image is just the start. iris360 Pro integrates to multiple professional platforms to deliver a seamless, streamlined end to end workflow from picture to publish.

OneStopVR.com lets you edit, share and push your iris360 Pro content to Google Street View, Facebook etc as well as your own website. Packed with features ideal for Realtors OneStopVR.com is the perfect immersive distribution platform specifically designed for iris360 Pro.

We can convert your iris360 Pro panoramic images to fully immersive 3D.
Allowing you to free roam your amazing real world content and even take measurements of doors, windows floors and much more."
Post 12 IP   flag post
PedroAvilez private msg quote post Address this user
Fair competition is always good but let's wait and see...
Maybe now Materport will allow us, at least, to download (again) 360 pics !
Post 13 IP   flag post
@jfantin the way this is going we as professionals will soon be looking for the next gimmick to come along (just a joke). But since Ricoh has theirs who knows who's next. I want a pro solution to all of the above. $3,000 to do over kill for the web? I don't know. I am with you I need it fast and efficient.

Quality will always matter to some if not most but the rest only care about the bottom line. Ricoh, Nikon, Kodak, and who ever will have the little gadget wars but then we'll be back where I was 25 years ago "my son has a digital camera, I'll get him to do it for free). Realtors will have one in their pocket book or shirt pocket. No good for us.

I'll stick around here for awhile and see what floats to the top.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Montreal3D private msg quote post Address this user
I'm curious to see if similar point clouds or OBJ export will be available...
Post 15 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod Thanks Dan I have been checking their site often awaiting the $500 vr system. Boy were they off!!!!!
Post 16 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Helen

Perhaps they are still working on the $500 version?

Also, the next IVRPA conference is June 3-6 2017 in Vienna.

I would imagine that NCTech will have an announcement then/there.

Dan
Post 17 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user
As @alex_iguide says, it's possible to convert 360 into 3D models without the use of depth sensors. I came across Walkabout Worlds technology (still in development) that promises that. Their 3D tours are not nearly as sophisticated as MP though.
Post 18 IP   flag post
@Tosolini Looks like they made those in sketchfab
Post 19 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
This is a nice new IRIS360 model. For those of us who have felt that the 'dollhouse' was a gimmick at times -- this 3D mode is very very gimmicky and silly.
Post 20 IP   flag post
@MetroPlex, Yeah I agree
Post 21 IP   flag post
badders private msg quote post Address this user
Hi - glad to see you are interested in our new product, the iris360 Pro.

Feel free to register your interest on our website and we'll send you more information as soon as we can.

Just to confirm - the iris360 Pro is NOT the product that we referenced at the Google Street View summit in Amsterdam.
Post 22 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
As @badders said feel free to register your interest at https://www.nctechimaging.com/iris360-pro/ The new iris360Pro via our OneStopVR app will offer a ranges of application extras first. First and foremost the ability to backup and restore any model, which is something any camera should have offered from the get go. OneStopVR will also offer the user that ability to ajust the image quality of each pano that includes blurring. You’ll also be able to add tags or hot spots to any pano which can include, links, audio, video as well as other requirements as needed. White label will be standard so you can label your models with your or your customers branding.

These are just a few of the features which OneStopVR will offer. Release dates on both camera are still being determine.
Post 23 IP   flag post
@GarySynder Thanks for the insight
Post 24 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Related discussion ...

There'll soon be a major new player in town

Dan
Post 25 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
hometakes private msg quote post Address this user
Im sure that I will get slammed for saying this by some here. I hope that it costs $10,000 to make a LASiris and thats the reason why they are selling it for $13,000 and that the cost doesn't go down.

I also hope that they do not tout how easy it is to use as the perceived value of the product for us resellers of tours goes way down.

I really hope this product blows Matterport out of the water. Then the Realtors that bought a Matterport will regret it due to the poor comparative quality to what they could have had if they were to saved their money and to use a tour provider that would have took the loss to own one of these.

$13,000 price tag will keep it out of the reach of 99.9999% of agents and the 0.0001% that could afford it wouldn't dream of buying it as they realize that their business is selling real estate, not making tours. Hi cost of equipment can be a good thing for those of us in the Tour Biz. But for this to be worth upgrading too, it has to blow Matterport out of the water. It has to do all what Matterport can do not only way way better, but it also has to do more. 😀
Post 26 IP   flag post
@hometakes, we are walking on thin ice here.

You are right that a high price tag for a true professional camera will keep 99.9999% of agents out, as it is the case with a $44,000 Hasselblad if we talk about professional photography.

But on the other hand, all depends on what you can do with your very expensive camera.

If you are Mario Testino and American Vogue calls you every month to shot Kate Moss perhaps having a bunch of Hasselblads and high end Nikons makes total sense.

But if you are in a market where a lot of desperate "photographers" are offering a Matterport Model for less than $200 for a 2,500 sq then perhaps a very expensive professional camera doesn´t make any sense.

Are we sure that the market is ready for something that is way way better than Matterport? In fact, are we sure that the market is ready for Matterport at all?

I know that some of you are enjoying a more than decent flow of projects from a very loyal group of agents, but on average what I see is people paying basic plan to Matterport, doing perhaps 5 or less models per month and wondering how come they were convinced to invest in a $ 4,500 camera that now is being sold at $ 3,600.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
@jFantin. Im shooting roughly 20 tours per week. They vary from 8 photos only ($99) to Photos aerial video, aerial photos ,ground interior video etc for around $500.

Heres the way that I look at it.

Say I sell 2 Bundled packages per day Averaging $400 each with this new camera (wherein they will get all of my services in a bundle). Thats $4000 a week. Within 2 months, Ive got my money back and covered all my exenses too. And now I own the camera outright. The rest of the year is my profit. I think a lot of the problems that tour guys dont realize is that the real money is in the cheaper realtors. Theres more of them and that means you do more tours and give them a lot for the money. This keeps an appointment calendar more booked up than empty. Dead time in a calendar isn't making anyone any money.... Id rather earn a little and keep busy that to have dead days and then a big hit from someone willing to pay .20 cents a foot.
Post 28 IP   flag post
@hometakes, your perspective is valid, of course, and perhaps from your point of view the investment is affordable, but is it justified?

The question is: Will you get more business using a new camera with a price tag of $13,000 than using a camera with a price tag of $ 3,600?

As long as the agents do not notice the difference you will still charge low prices but using a more expensive equipment. This doesn´t make sense from a financial point of view.

Perhaps if the new camera would operate 4 times faster...I mean, if you can make 2,500 sq ft in 30 minutes instead of 2 hours, then the increased productivity would justify the purchase.

In professional photography is different. If a magazine wants to hire you they will ask what kind of equipment you use for your job. You have to have professional quality brands.

But in Real Estate the guys are taking photos with their cell phones or making tours with Ricoh Thetas! Plenty of consumer gadgets out there doing the "same" job. I don´t see plenty of room for differentiation by showing your pro equipment, so why bother?
Post 29 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
I agree with what you say, but you missed a little of what I said earlier. To Justify it, it has to "blow Matterport out of the water". Compare an old TV with 480 lines of resolution to todays 2160 lines (4K). You dont have to sit them next to each other to tell the difference. Assume you never saw TV in your life before. You can watch one one day and the other the next day and still be able tell that theres a huge difference between to two. Thats what I am talking about.

What I am saying is that if I had a camera that cost $13,000 and was charging the same as another Matterport tour provider, there'd be no competition between us. I just took them out by comparison. Thats why I said, "Blows them out of the water". If it doesn't do that then its not worth doing it. Resolution is the most important key to making a better product. It would make everything smoother. Notice the difference in video from 30 frames to 60 frames per sec? I certainly can tell. Imagine moving from point to point without any blur what so ever? Being able to zoom in with such detail? A doll house with perfect walls? This is what I mean by having a superior product. What about the scan time? If its twice as fast, that adds tremendous value (time is money). If its got this, then I for one will be lining up to add it to my offerings.
Post 30 IP   flag post
101706 52 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?