Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 1,001 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,924 Page Views | 18,799 Unique Visitors | 24 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseNewbiesProblemsScanningScans

Is it possible to edit or blur?4056

BobbyG private msg quote post Address this user
Is it possible to edit or blur a section of the scans?

What if I did a gallery and one painting had to be edited out?
Thanks

Bobby
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@BobbyG

While it is technically possible to edit and blur Matterport Spaces - as demoed by @metroplex360 in this proof of concept – Matterport does not allow this.

The iGuide Camera system enables this feature. Please see this post by @Chris_iGuide ...

Edit a 360° panorama in Photoshop (iGuide)

I could imagine that Matterport is (feverishly) working on enabling Matterport to Google Street View. One of the features that would need to be enabled would be blur.

Will Matterport Add Publish to Google Maps?

iGuide already makes it easy, fast and simple to publish to Google Maps powered by @Metroplex360 MP2SV Multi-Pano 2 Street View conversion and publishing service.

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
Integratedman private msg quote post Address this user
Geez Dan...hope Matterport is listening to you
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Integratedman listing to us (Matterport reads every word of the We Get Around Network Forum.)

And, so do photographers and real estate agents researching which Camera/Platform is right for them.

Blurring and publishing to Google Street View are two great examples of features/benefits that the Matterport community needs/wants.

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
Thanks guys. Appreciate the prompt response.

I guess it would take more processing on the stitch.
But i will need this feature pretty soon.

Especially in high rise buildings where security is tighter then most parts of the country.

And also in the art gallery department.
If i had one artist here who didnt want to be part of the scan. What can one do? I guess the release form is very valueable. But sometimes you have 40 artists and six months later someone wants out.

Art Floor
Post 5 IP   flag post
Integratedman private msg quote post Address this user
I too would benefit GREATLY from this feature, I am currently completing a large scan for a chartered bank in Canada and they have whiteboard walls in a number of offices that we are currently covering with poster board as this is sensitive information..this would make things SOOOOOOO much easier...
Post 6 IP   flag post
Sandiemcr private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport ... the longer we've been involved with them, seem more interested in selling their camera than keeping us competitive. (Tiresome running into businesses that called in for info on the system and a photographer only to
end up being sold a camera.) As they are partnered up with google you'd think we would have the technology to be on google earth. Lol
Post 7 IP   flag post
I suppose they are working at it.
Post 8 IP   flag post
3SixtyNow private msg quote post Address this user
I would love to be able to publish to Google Street View without buying a new camera system. I will be looking into other options, unless Matterport steps up to the plate. If I would have known about iGuide before I bought my Matterport camera I probably would have went with them instead just to be able to publish to street view.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Although I don't know about the tech of the google cams, Not too sure I would do that. I've seen the finished work for interiors from them. Matterport images and the 3D walk through is more impressive.
Pros and cons to everything.
Post 10 IP   flag post
101717 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?