Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
MarketingReal EstateRealtors

Did Not See This One Coming4055

jmprop private msg quote post Address this user
Here is an email I just received from Matterport.
Matterport Service Partner Program <msp@matterport.com>
9:26 PM (5 minutes ago)

to me
Thank you for applying to our Matterport Service Partner Network. In order to be eligible for the program, you must have a business name, email address, and website not affiliated with a brokerage or real estate company. Your application did not meet this requirement. We are unable to accept you into the program at this time however, we will keep your application on file for the next 30 days to allow you time to make changes as needed.

If you would like to re-apply for enrollment using separate credentials past the 30 day period, please visit https://matterport.com/become-an-msp/.

Thanks,
Matterport Team

So, it's ok to purchase a camera, pay a monthly subscription fee but not be allowed to take advantage of the marketing resources made available if you are a "realtor". I don't understand how not allowing "realtors" to access marketing support is good for Matterport. If they do not want to support Realtors using their technology, then do not make it available to them.I don't get it??
Post 1 IP   flag post
Property3dNZ private msg quote post Address this user

That's unreal!!!
Post 2 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport isn't the bad guy here. If you want to run as an MSP, build a business that provides the service and doesn't piggy back onto your other career. MP doesn't want to be in the position of having XYZ Real Estate being the MSP contact service provider sent to another realtor or broker.
Post 3 IP   flag post
jmprop private msg quote post Address this user
Trusted Photo, I understand your perspective but I am not trying to 'take business away" from a MSP. If Matterport had disclosed this before I purchased the camera, I would have most likely passed. Just trying to use any and all technology to grow my business just like an MSP. In my market, there is no significant MSP presence. Based on your perspective, don't you think they should disclose this prior to purchase?
Post 4 IP   flag post
3D Renderings
AEC Elevation Drawings
Montreal, Québec
ArchimedStudio private msg quote post Address this user
If it can make you feel better, I've been an MSP for over a year, and I only got 1 lead (that did not go through!) from Matterport...

People use Google before they use Matterport's complicated website...

my 2 cents.

Matt
Post 5 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
Jim, it's pretty clear on the application page. Furthermore the MSP program is secondary to purchasing a camera, especially as the camera's use grows in other verticals.

I never insinuated you are trying to take away business from a MSP, but if you want to operate as a MSP, then you need to keep your business at an arm's length from your real estate business. I do hope MP adds additional MSP requirements in the future like proof of insurance, but for right now, a name, email, and website are all that are required and can be set up in under 30 minutes and in under 60 minutes if you need to create a real legal entity.
Post 6 IP   flag post
justinv private msg quote post Address this user
I agree with @ArchimedStudio, I have received two leads in last 6 months. They both came in within 15 minutes. One was a realtor wanting me to email her my prices. When I followed up, she was just wanting to see if it would be worth buying or just hiring it out. I told her to call me if she had any questions. Never heard back and did not feel the need to follow up because I knew she was fishing.

The other wasn't a good fit because he wanted to own the tour and do whatever he felt the need to do. I suggested other options. I really did not want it because it was going to be shooting over night because it is a lobby in a busy building.

So, I would not depend on Matterport giving you enough leads to support buying a camera. I honestly have not read all the material but I did read the social media piece and I found it to be common sense. You can find the same or better on this forum.

At least they did tell you how to do it. Make the changes needed. Just buy you a domain, install Wordpress, put their badge and a tour on it. They should approve you but I do not know if it would be worth the trouble.

What do you want to know about marketing?

The only thing they care about is getting cameras in as many people's hands as possible. They have not figured out they could make more money with fewer cameras by offering services to remove cameras from mirrors, correct color, gsv, white label tours, etc. We would all throw money at them but they like selling cameras and collecting monthly fees.
Post 7 IP   flag post
jasondavidpage private msg quote post Address this user
MSP is a program geared for Matterport Service Providers - that being said, purchasing a camera for your own use wouldn't really make you a service provider - it would make you the end user.
So far, all I have received by being an MSP is 4 leads, 3 of which were actually people who wanted more information about purchasing a system so Matterport sent them to me as a lead. The last lead was a real lead - but only 250 miles away.
Not being approved as an MSP isn't that big of deal.
Post 8 IP   flag post
101429 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?