Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
BackUpCapture AppCloudFAQiPadWarning Will Robinson

How to Backup Your Matterport Spaces on iPad4048

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

Hmmmmmmm ...

Surprising that Matterport has not provided a Cloud hosted solution for storing and re-storing.

Dan
Post 26 IP   flag post
WGAN
Basic
Seattle
kjoman private msg quote post Address this user
I subscribe to The Deal Guy YouTube (he tries out a variety of consumer products & posts links to deals). Today was a Lightning Cable & microSD Card and Adapter for backing up iPhone, iPad, etc. The SD card choices run from 64gb to 200gb. Here’s the link
Post 27 IP   flag post
Kumar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
Hi All,

Hmmmmmmm ...

Surprising that Matterport has not provided a Cloud hosted solution for storing and re-storing.

Dan

No surprise, looks like they have a strategy in place for earning extra bucks by letting third party develop and pay royalty to MP for all such features. Meanwhile focus on building crappy tours with cheap cams aiming for more subscriptions.
Post 28 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
Anyone wish that Matterport would add a backup solution?

I do not just wish for it I believe they must provide it.

It is not even that hard to implement it in their capture software. All they need to do is to allow move a project back and forth from IPad storage to any type of storage.

I would be against if they just create storage in their cloud for backups and start charging fees for that. Simply because we must have a choice to store it even on a thumb drive which will cost us nothing.

I think Kumar is right and we most likely to see it to be done by 3rd party rather than Matterport. They did not think of it from a beginning so even if they agree to do it it may take much more time to do it for them that somebody else with IOS developer knowledge can make it and start selling it.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Kumar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman

I think Kumar is right and we most likely to see it to be done by 3rd party rather than Matterport. They did not think of it from a beginning so even if they agree to do it it may take much more time to do it for them that somebody else with IOS developer knowledge can make it and start selling it.

@Wingman, it has already there in place. iMazing, iexplorer are couple i know of. As a user I am uncomfortable with reliability point of view.
And from RJ's webinar on facebook you can sense this is the way forward for MP. They are looking at platform game with inviting third party developers than doing in house.

While building an eco-system is all well, I feel sad to see the OEM not delivering on basic features directly.
Post 30 IP   flag post

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

How to move models between iPad and Mac

Dan
Post 31 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
BTW, since we can see now files for each job in the video about IMazing workflow it has made me wondering why Matterport has no functionality to keep job scans in their cloud and restore them on demand.

As we can see form the video a folder for a job has a lot of similar files with ids in their names in great numbers that are probably store each scan point, two thumbnails and some extra folder(do not know what inside as I am yet to try IMazing). So when you upload your space to a cloud most of the files are transferred there for processing so why not add a reverse action when all these files are transferred back to an Ipad recovering a job.
Post 32 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Moving to top
Post 33 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
So I don't have a Mac to transfer to and the cord seems to only archive photos and videos which my models are not. Is there any other way to save my models ?
Post 34 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@DouglasMeyers

While others in the WGAN Forum will recommend other ways to back up the Matterport files, I do NOT recommend them. It's simply too geeky that translates into super-easy to make a mistake. This means that you think that you have a back up, BUT you are NOT able to restore.

Wish there was a better answer.

Dan
Post 35 IP   flag post
Paris
RomainReparage private msg quote post Address this user
It seems that back up models are not available anymore

https://support.matterport.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002531088-Delete-a-Model-from-the-Capture-App
Post 36 IP   flag post
WGAN-TV
Training U
Perth AUS
schaferu private msg quote post Address this user
Have tried iMazing last month and it works well. I transferred 25+ spaces out of one iPad and to test transfers, brought a couple of them back into another iPad in minutes.
Am still on the free version.
Post 37 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@schaferu

Any chance that you might create a video showing how to transfer out (and then restore)?

Dan
Post 38 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
@romainreparage That is amazing news, so now-deleted means its deleted forever and Matterport has no backup or the tour still on their servers? This will give clients peace of mind when I tell them deleted means deleted and there is no copies anywhere on any server being stored.
Post 39 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Related WGAN Forum Discussion:

Restoring a Previous BackUp not working

Dan
Post 40 IP   flag post
101646 40 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?