Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 40 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
bugCapture AppProblemsScanningScans

Weirdest Matterport Model of 2017!4029

Networker private msg quote post Address this user
Hello MSPs! Okay, here's a weird one. Spent 3.5 hours scanning this floor. All was good until I hit the last hour. I was on the windowed side of the building facing the mountains, not the office building or the hotel in the front.

As the model was constructing in the Capture App the outside wall seemed like it was not showing the same from reality to the app. It looked like it was scanning correctly, but folding over onto itself!

At first, I thought it was a Capture App glitch, but as you can see from the link below, it was not. Sure enough, one entire section of the floor folded on top of the other! Even the Dollhouse reflects the glitch. I have two questions. First, has this happened to any of you? And second, does anyone have an idea of how to correct it other than having to rescan it? Thanks in advance for your advice.

Weirdest Matterport Model of 2017

Post 1 IP   flag post
Putten NLD
DannyBasting private msg quote post Address this user
Those are misalignment's. I had that same issue while scanning a building where the hallways all looked a like.

I deleted those misaligned scans on site and placed some items in the room for the scanner to recognize. Those items give the scanner a reference point for alignment. Luckily that seemed to work in my case, since I didn't get a single misalignment after placing the items.

So this may not be the answer you are hoping for, but I think you need to duplicate your project, delete all the scans you did after the first misalignment appeared, and rescan the last part of your scan.

Hope that helps.
Post 2 IP   flag post
@DannyBasting I think you are saying the majority of the model is good, except I need to go back and rescan the overlapped area. Thanks Danny, I'll give that a shot--eh, a rescan.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Putten NLD
DannyBasting private msg quote post Address this user
Yes indeed, you can create a duplicate of the project on your i-pad. Then start deleting the scans in reverse order. So starting with the last scan you did. Keep deleting scans until you have a model without weird overlaps / misalignment's.

After that you can go back and scan the missing area's. Perhaps with the aid of some items to help the scanner align the scans if needed.

Good luck!
Post 4 IP   flag post
@DannyBasting WOW! Great advice, Danny. Thanks for the step-by-step. That's exactly what I'll do.

@DanSmigrod Dan, you're a genius for creating such an amazing forum for us to help each other.
Post 5 IP   flag post
JC3DCX private msg quote post Address this user
I agree with @DannyBasting advice, had a similar experience on a previous scan and did the same steps to rectify it,

I also look at the screen after each scan and visually see and compare that the scan just finished is showing up in the sport expected on screen, if not then I delete and redo,
Post 6 IP   flag post
StevenHattan private msg quote post Address this user
This is not unusual at all. In all of my cases I didn't have to put anything 'extra' anywhere. I just redid the scans a little closer (the first one that went bad) and everything else was fine.

Dan....add 'genius' to your list of descriptions. haha
Post 7 IP   flag post
@JC3DX and @StevenHattan Thanks guys for both of your responses. It's weird because it's never happened to me before. Really appreciate the help.
Post 8 IP   flag post
walk360 private msg quote post Address this user
I have had the same problem couple of times....

if you are able to determined which scan is making the misaligned problem... just delete that one... you might not have to go back and re-scan.
Make a copy model on the iPad and delete the 'Problem" scans... and see what happenes.... if for any reason you have to go back to the model it will be just for 10 mins to re-scan few spots.

Is that a building in Bogota, Colombia?
Post 9 IP   flag post
101421 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?