Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CamerasVirtual Reality

Need info about this virtual tour?3986

abalkhail private msg quote post Address this user
Hello,

Any one have an idea what camera or software was used to mark the products with a hidden link.

Unfortunately i tried doing it with matterport but having too many tags will look bad!

Thank you
Regards
Abdullah
Post 1 IP   flag post
Gibbsboro, NJ
Radie842 private msg quote post Address this user
I'd love to know. That opens new doors for many of us!
Post 2 IP   flag post
abalkhail private msg quote post Address this user
here is the store link:

clickable text

here is the company how did it :
clickable text
Post 3 IP   flag post
SeekBeak private msg quote post Address this user
Hey Quote:
Originally Posted by abalkhail
Hello,

Any one have an idea what camera or software was used to mark the products with a hidden link.

Unfortunately i tried doing it with matterport but having too many tags will look bad!

Thank you
Regards
Abdullah

A quick view source tells me they're using KRPano with polygon hotspots. Could be any Camera, but you might be able to read some EXIF data if you download the images.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Viewing private msg quote post Address this user
@abalkhail I think we can safely say it's not Matterport. The frustrating thing is that they could achieve this and there are people on this forum that could help make that happen.

Virtual ecom is the next big thing in my opinion but it probably doesn't generate enough models for Matterport to want to provide this functionality to their users. It doesn't seem to fit their business plan so don't expect it either I'd say.

@SeekBeak Could your product provide this kind of functionality?
Post 5 IP   flag post
@Baxter That's a solid "sort of", at least as far as their hotspots go. SeekBeak does support transparent hotspots, but not polygon based ones. i.e. drawing shapes around objects. So you could have users click on a price tag or sign, or something like that, but not an odd shaped item like a whole pair of pants.

These guys spent a bunch of time manually setting all that up, editing XML files, uploading, marking the pixels for the polygons for hotspots using said XML files: https://krpano.com/plugins/editor/#top. In SeekBeak, you could whip up something similar, all drag and drop in any browser, and have it online in a few minutes.

The main ROI for a store using SeekBeak however would be when it comes to updating for prices, inventory and sales... which I'd assume happens often. In SeekBeak, you just simply replace the main image if needed, click & drag existing hotspots around onto the new items, edit the prices (all in browser), click save, and have all your whole tour updated instantly via any desktop or mobile phone

With the other tour, you'd have to do your changes offline, re-draw all your shapes, potentially compile the javascript/xml scripts, upload it to your web server etc etc.

As far as the other things shown in that video, they're popping open an embedded window to a storefront it looks like, which is easily done in SB.

SB also has a dedicated Shopping Cart hotspot feature which pulls meta data from a ton of storefronts/websites (Shopify, Amazon, Ebay, Etsy etc) and creates a "Buy Now" link automagically, with the main image and text automatically populated.

If you ffwd to around 3:30 in this video, you can see it in action:
... or you can have a play yourself as the free account includes all the features

Anyways, I could go on and on haha, hope that helps!

Cheers,
Tim
Post 6 IP   flag post
Viewing private msg quote post Address this user
@SeekBeak Wowsers! That's so simple it almost hurt.

Matterport is great for certain things and I'm sure it will keep a market share. But for anybody wanting to monetize virtual tours (the next big thing), expand their services and essentially create new markets, products like Seekbeek are going to play a key role.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Woods private msg quote post Address this user
The tech page describes a little more and includes a picture of the camera.

Technology Page

Really cool and could be used in a lot more fields than just retail. Guessing more money in retail and advertising for now.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
This is just a traditional 360 virtual tour shot with a DSLR camera. They have a nice, polished interface, however, this is nothing new to the world.

SeekBeak is a very nice solution.
Post 9 IP   flag post
nat_vanveen private msg quote post Address this user
@SeekBeak Thanks so much! I've grabbed a free account and I'm doing my happy dance LOL! Totally love it!

My team and I have spent literally hours/months last year looking at how we could get more value out of Matterport for VR retail and hoping that this kind of functionality would be included... I was at least thrilled when Matterport added hyperlinks.

We actually dropped our VR retail projects to focus on VR Safety Induction (which is going extremely well with Mining & Resources)...

But with SeekBeek's features we can get back to adding VR retail, a game changer of opportunity.

@Baxter so glad you shared SeekBeek with us.
@abalkhail glad you started this thread.

Cheers, Natalia
Post 10 IP   flag post
Love hearing stuff like that @nat_vanveen !

There's actually been a lot of OHS/Training/Educational folks using SeekBeak recently. It might be something to think about as well for your Mining crews.

There's a cool one I saw where a University is doing EMT training, you are inside the Ambulance and get to click on all the things for info/pdfs/videos etc..

If you get something public going, let me know and I can post it around our social media and get some cross promo going.
Post 11 IP   flag post
nat_vanveen private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks @SeekBeak!

I've just been watching your YT vids, checking out your website, FB and Twitter feeds, I can't help myself I must dive in and see what you're all about! Really is an amazing offering, super slick hotspots, features and functionality

Whilst your VR tours aren't immersive like say Matterport walk-thru that has some critical application in a safety induction work place environment, I can see the massive value in being able to focus attention in one 360 defined zone, using SeekBeak, like in the EMT training you mentioned.

...So I am thinking that instead of the Matterport VR Walk-thru "Guided Tour" I was going to create as an option to sit next to the standard Matterport VR Walk-thru, it would be easier and come with all the interactive features if I now use SeekBeak for that "guided tour". This will take our Safety Induction bundle up to a whole new level!

Back to VR retail, can I ask a quick question, does the shopping cart only come with the premium account?

Cheers, Natalia

p.s. Oh yes for sure I will share what we're doing with you, shooting mining steel fabrication site tomorrow and will have something next week to show.
Post 12 IP   flag post
No, thank you @nat_vanveen

You're correct, SB doesn't have the depth that the MP camera provides, but can still make a very immersive tour using boring 'ol 360 images. The amount/frequency of images is up to the tour creator. Of course you don't get the fancy dollhouse/wireframe view of a house or structure, but SeekBeak isn't designed for Real Estate, it's more of a general creative toolbox... as you've discovered.

Yes, the automagic shopping cart is currently only available with the Premium account. That said, it's also very easy to create URL hotspots with any tier account, that will link to a store or an individual product page.
Post 13 IP   flag post
101435 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?