Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseAdvice

Extreme Scanning! Another monster is born!!3956

Belfast, United Kingdom
3dshowcaseuk private msg quote post Address this user
Take your seat and enjoy the view

clickable text

2 full days scanning, 500 after deleting some

Still some editing to be done such as mattertags etc but happy so far
Post 1 IP   flag post
lisahinson private msg quote post Address this user
YOU, @3dshowcaseuk are amazing! HOLY COW!!
Post 2 IP   flag post
SpencerLasky private msg quote post Address this user
How can you manage the do such a large scan - isn't there such a limit to how many cloud points we are suppose to have?

I think this is amazing and how the heck you hide so many times, I'm sure your step count if you tracking it was very high! Also since we all know this has to be something done with no one walking into scans - how did you get the permissions, or hopefully they've requested and are paying you for this - but even then I find it a little hard to convince all to let me stay when minimal or no persons are around - I assume this is about 8 hrs worth of scanning?

Wow!

Spencer
Post 3 IP   flag post
Belfast, United Kingdom
Hiding was an issue and I did a lot of walking climbing and had very sore legs after 3 days scanning.

I scanned 2 full days solid when the auditorium was not in use, I was locked in to avoid disturbance and as there are no windows time wasn't important

This is part of a larger building which am scanning, more to come, a lot of boundaries being pushed

Yes we are being paid and this took around 12 hours
Post 4 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user
Impressive! Did you get many false alignments with such a landscape that looks so uniform? Any tips you learned along the way? Well done!
Post 5 IP   flag post
grmngrl private msg quote post Address this user
@3dshowcaseuk wow, that is great!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Belfast, United Kingdom
The ground floor tier in front of the stage I got about 10-12 misalignments which had me very nervous as I started on that block, but amazingly after that it was plain sailing. In fact the technology blew my mind in how it actually knew where it was, especially in the stair wells. It knew where it was better than I did at times.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Belfast, United Kingdom
The initial upload was over 600 scans but after 3 days processing, matterport restarted it and again it didn't process. So I deleted over 100 scans and after that it processed in about 18 hours.

Matterport were very helpful with regards to support on it considering the recommend <300 scans

I have separated each floor so the venue can use smaller models to allow customers to take a view from their seat before they purchase.

Believe it or not I deleted about 200 more scans off this and have continued out the door and into other areas in the hope that I can ultimately create an even bigger model. That is yet to been seen. Only time will tell.
Post 8 IP   flag post
3rd Party
Service
Myrtle Beach, SC
ArtisticConcepts private msg quote post Address this user
Excellent Work? I'm curious, will the client be tying the model to online ticket sales?

It would be very tedious, but neat if we could program mattertags to respond to webhooks and change colors based on seat availability.

Imagine if you could walk through the venue, pick a seat you wanted for a particular event. If the tag was green, that would mean tickets for that seat are available and if the matter tag was say Grey or red, that seat was already sold. That would be a cool concept!

But Great work on the scan!!! It definitely inspires me!!! It will surely open bigger doors for you! Keep up the great work!!!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Belfast, United Kingdom
Thanks Artistic Concepts.

Door are already opening, hopefully not too much bigger than this one LOL
Post 10 IP   flag post
Belfast, United Kingdom
The plan is to use the models to allow customers to see the view from a seat they are booking. They will see on a 2d floor plan what seats are available and then they can click that to see what the view is like before they buy
Post 11 IP   flag post
JC3DCX private msg quote post Address this user
looking super, well done,
Post 12 IP   flag post
Are you saying your setting up a 2D green/red seat availability chart so each seat a potential theater goer if green/avail could click that seat on the chart, and using a hyperlink they would then fly into that specific seat location? I did not think we can do that yet, but is that possible?

Something I did think about as well - you have a link to the latest concert coming via a tag - I think you could have that video play in the matterport space - a window could pop up while you remain in the model and continue to look around and play that video. I might have lost my mind but I have researched this on their website, and I've been waiting or my chance to do the same, embedding video in a model so you can watch it but never leave the model and close the video window when you've had enough and still stay fully emerged in the model.
Post 13 IP   flag post
kellysuesharp private msg quote post Address this user
Curious how you did this ? You separated one big model into smaller ones? Please enlighten me ! This is really wonderful work.

"I have separated each floor so the venue can use smaller models to allow customers to take a view from their seat before they purchase."
Post 14 IP   flag post
Belfast, United Kingdom
Hi Kelly

So in the capture app after I had scanned for 1 I duplicated the model in app. I then renamed the model to auditorium floor 1, trimmed it and uploaded it.

I then went back to the original and continued up the stairs and add the 2nd floor. After I completed that area I duplicated the master auditorium model and deleted floor 1 from it, leaving me with just floor 2. I trimmed and uploaded it. Then back at the master copy I continued to floor 3 and scanned therefore completing the master of the whole auditorium. I again duplicated it and deleted floored 1 & 2 from the copy leaving me with floor 3 only. I trimmed and uploaded it.

I then went back to the master and trimmed all 3 floors and uploaded,

Leaving me with 4 models

1 x 1st floor http://auditorium1.3dshowcase.co.uk/
1 x 2nd floor http://auditorium2.3dshowcase.co.uk/
1 x 3rd floor http://auditorium3.3dshowcase.co.uk/
Full Auditorium http://auditorium.3dshowcase.co.uk/

Hope that makes sense, quite hard to explain, the nice thing about the capture app is that you can deleted a whole floor in a few clicks, rather than having to delete individual scans.

As I said in a previous post the full auditorium model failed to process as there were too many scans so I had to go into the capture app and delete some rows of scans but that was fine as I halready hadbeach individual floor processes and it is those that we will use for the purpose of seat view for the ticketing system and we will use the master copy of the whole auditorium more for a general marketing wow factor and vr.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Just want to say thank you for sharing this information 3dshowcaseUK - very polite of you and all this info is helpful, it's great to share and what's great about this forum is we are all over the world really so we can do so with out necessarily impacting our own market share. I'm seeing the great advantage of a successful shop is one that can get out and sell this wonderful and helpful tool, this product is a game changer and we will look back and go wow, something like this does not come along so ofter where it just opens up quickly a whole new segment. Perhaps drones could be said as much - but for me coming from a film exposing hollywood background it took time for the digital camera's to take hold, they are now firmly in control and it's hard to not love them but it did bring with it it's own disruptiveness. In this case I feel like I'm on the good side of that disruption with few effected negatively since it's opening up a new space. Thanks again! Spencer
Post 16 IP   flag post
kevshed private msg quote post Address this user
really impressive scanning kudos..... thanks for sharing the story, its gives us all more confidence in what is, and is not possible !

Best,
Kev
Post 17 IP   flag post
101429 17 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?