Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Removing Camera from Mirrors3951

Chadcloses private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry, I think I saw this thread the other day, but I'll be damned if I can find it in the search feature. Didn't I RECENTLY see a software update or subscription to a service that allows you to remove the camera from 3D tours with EASE?

Thanks,
Chad
Post 1 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
I think it was putting poster board up on the mirror.
That's about all I know you can do.
Post 2 IP   flag post
justinv private msg quote post Address this user
clickable text

I don't think it is a service but it is possible! Matterport's TOS!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Blue-Sketch
Founder
New Orleans, LA
PetraSoderling private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe you mean this thread https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/topic/3547/page/1/help--mirrors-mirrors-everywhere/#16

Did not look like there's a quick fix.

For floor plan drawing, I'm always glad when people put a poster in front of the mirror. Mirror reflections make it harder for us to draw the floor plans.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I may have dreamt it!!! I could have sworn I went to a link that had this capability!!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@Chadcloses -- Mirrors are such a pain. Half of my tours have unavoidable mirrors.

As a proof of concept, I've shown that it's possible to remove the camera from the mirrors by injecting replacement tiles via a self hosted proxy system. It works by basically checking a local repository of files and if the file isn't there, it then fetches from Matterport's CDN. Because my system requires that MY server is constantly requesting from Matterport's CDN, it adds latency (additional delay) to all tour stuff... sometimes it's not that bad, but overall, my unsupported hack doesn't deliver the same performance as Matterport's excellent use of Amazon CDN.

Matterport are missing out on $. They should already have a team of editors inhouse ready to fix these problems. We should be able to go in Workshop and mark areas that we need touched up and they could turnkey fix it for us.

If you aren't going to allow people to do it themselves, provide a service that does it.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
Great job on the camera in the mirror but, how bout the photographer? Hehehe sorry, it just caught my eye.

Post 7 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@frstbubble Dude, I have no clue who that is. He's actually appeared in a few of my other tours. THIS would be a great tour to remove things from mirrors...
Post 8 IP   flag post
You crack me up!!!
Post 9 IP   flag post
101636 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?