Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdvicePricingStrategy

Pricing advice.3949

3SixtyNow private msg quote post Address this user
So, I just did my first quote of $575 for a 5200 sq. ft. property for a realtor who says her client wants a Matterport tour. I offered a free floor plan and property website. She said it was to much. I'm well aware the realtors can be cheap. She also told me that a lot of sellers say they don't like the tours. Do you think this was a tactic to get me to lower the price? Is the price to high?
Post 1 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
Yep... I have been doing this since July 2016 and Everyone Loves it so far. At 5,200'Sq I would be charging $375.00.
Good Luck
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
@DustinRobinson

Your price is a touch higher than where I would be ($427), but I like that you've bundled services, etc to support your price. I do think that her disparaging of the Showcases is a tactic and runs completely opposite to the facts! Did she promise the seller to do Matterport (I.e. Was it part of her pitch?)

If you haven't done any business w this agent before, you could always offer her / him a first-timer's discount. The higher price sets the value, though. Chances are whatever you quoted her would be "too much".
Post 3 IP   flag post
Integratedman private msg quote post Address this user
Dustin..sounds like she is blowing smoke in regards to people not liking the tours..I have only heard positives..and the feedback on the VR is very positive...I like to stick to .15 cents per foot..but with newbies you do sometimes (sadly) have to be creative!
Post 4 IP   flag post
3D Renderings
AEC Elevation Drawings
Montreal, Québec
ArchimedStudio private msg quote post Address this user
it also depends on your market (seller/buyer's market), and if a 5200sqft home in your area costs $250K or $2.5M!!

Realtors are really cheap, that's a fact. They also make a living negotiating, so... that's what they do.
You have to educate them on how much time/work/costs is involved in offering this service (I never talk about the initial investment) like the time to do the scan (for this house, it will probably be around 4H on site, plus travelling), then the processing fee, and the hosting fee (included in your monthly fee... but it's good to mention it). Then talk about all the advantages, etc... and at the end, you offer a little something (discount, free floor plan, travelling fees if any, etc...).
If the realtor still says it's too expensive, move on, and focus your energy on someone else that lives in a 2017 world

My 2 cents
Matt
Post 5 IP   flag post
I told her I would give her a first time discount and do it for $375. I'll let you know if she responds. The house is in Mooresville, NC. The listings range from $480k to 1.2 mill. Most are closer to the mill. mark.
Post 6 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
5200 sq. ft. should be a 2.5 hour job unless there are extenuating circumstances.

How does someone who has no experience justify a rate of $230 an hour($575)? $150 gets more reasonable($375). Remember you cannot bill for "learning". Do that on your own time.

Before someone says there are other costs factors, I am fully aware of the cost of operating a camera and operating a business, but we have this nailed down really well now and know what the retail and wholesale rate to quote. While a realtor may want a sq. ft. price, internally all billing is per hour.

FYI if someone has no experience and we train them to operate our hardware - the apprentice rate is $15 an hour.
Post 7 IP   flag post
3D Renderings
AEC Elevation Drawings
Montreal, Québec
ArchimedStudio private msg quote post Address this user
2.5H for 5200sqft... some corners must be cut, or the house empty.
Or maybe you have a special Matterport camera that spins faster?

Anyway, you have this nailed down, so why not give advice to someone who asks on this thread instead of criticising?

cheers,
Post 8 IP   flag post
Integratedman private msg quote post Address this user
Archimed Studio..my thoughts exactly!...this is easily a 4hr project..plus travel editing file..getting very tired of realtors expecting a professional service and not being prepared to pay a very fair fee.
Post 9 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
@archimedstudio what's wrong with tough love?

It really depends on how and where you position your camera which comes with a lot of institutional memory.

You don't have to cut corners. I haven't in 20 years of immersion photography.

Residential RE photography is a commodity.

Edits should be done while scanning. Then finalized after the complete edit is finished. Thinking how the camera 'sees' the space is important to developing a consistent work flow on site. Knowing the right amount of space in a given location that may give an error and minimizing this is a key time saver.

Travel is not calculated at the same work rate. Sitting on your bum for a 2 hour drive isn't gonna cut it at $150 an hour.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
pixelray private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah man...good luck...We have had some yahoo's come into our market with INSANE low prices. Really hurt some of us. There's a guy charging $125 for ANY SIZE home with regular photos too! NUTS.

But yeah, I'm at 375 too for that size home.
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
pixelray private msg quote post Address this user
And time wise - a 5200 sq ft home could take 2 hours some days and 3 to 4 other days - it all depends on the layout. If that 5200 is a large ranch with a basement - maybe closer to the 2.5 hr mark. 3 stories with tons of nooks and crannies - could be easily 4 to 5. So giving a hard time on any give sq ft number is not exact science. Then add another hour to two for doing regular photos - IF you are a one man show and with prices on the floor all around us with what we do - it's best to be a one man show.

My advise - impress the hell out of someone out of the gate. Then you will have a returning customer more than likely. You will be surprised out how fast word travels too when you truly impress someone and they have a great experience with you.

A lot of the better realtors aren't cheap either. They know they have to spend it to make it.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
You don't grow a photography business by how much you bank on each job when you're starting out. You grow a photography business by getting jobs, getting better at your craft and creating a loyal customer base.
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
@Expertise

Very well said!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Guys, I didn't put this out there to start a war. I just needed some advice. I was going on a square foot price. Here is my very first scan. clickable text I think it didn't turn out to bad for my first time. There are few things I missed like taking down the blue balloon in the tv room. I did have to delete a scan near the first floor powder room because I could be seen in the background. That made it a little awkward to get into the pantry. What do you all think?
Thanks for the advice.
Post 15 IP   flag post
kellysuesharp private msg quote post Address this user
You did a great job. Congratulations.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Thank you @kellysuesharp!
Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@DustinRobinson

Since you are a Member of the Forum, you receive a free 30 day pass to the Guide to Matterport Service Provider Pricing curated by We Get Around.

The Guide includes links to the pricing pages of 75 Matterport Pros.

I will PM you the link and password.

Best,

Dan
Post 18 IP   flag post
BobbyG private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone have an opinion on NYC prices?
300 for a studio? 400 for 1 bedroom.

Nice first scan 3sixtyNow.

Penthouse - my First scan
Post 19 IP   flag post
101641 19 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?