Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D Showcase

Showcase v2.15.2 (2/22/17)3937

Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Since 2.14.5-vr (2/17/17):

- New Parameter: &title=2 -- To left title box NEVER disappears with new fading UI. THANK YOU MATTERPORT FOR LISTENING TO FEEDBACK!!!!

- Bug Fixes to autoTour w/o 'Hero Images'

- Added lots of internal error logging -- i.e. 'Cannot rotate while transitioning, already at maximum rotation in direction" -- possibly for SDK.
Post 1 IP   flag post
andreabortolot private msg quote post Address this user
Great news! Thanks for sharing Chris.. where do you exaclty stick this parameter? Thx
Post 2 IP   flag post
VRPM private msg quote post Address this user
re: the buttons fading etc. Do you not think it would be better if they re-appeared quicker than 3 secs?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
@VRPM I hear what you're saying.

I actually don't mind the fact that they disappear... it just seems like 3 seconds is too long to go without someone touching the screen. If that time was halved it would probably work a lot better.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@andreabortolot

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=rKUhbp1SVQe&title=2

The title=2 parameter may have been added due to my concern that when a client PAYS for their Matterport Tour, they want THEIR name to be displayed while navigating the tour. When their name disappears with the UI, that is a huge disservice to the client, especially existing clients whose preference is that their brand remains visible at all times.

It's my hope they will allow this to be set as an account default setting. I know that I for sure will opt for it. My clients are big on their branding.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
pixelray private msg quote post Address this user
@metro: any news on getting the sq ft measurement app back?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@pixelray MP2SQFT is discontinued and remains online for use with older models. The only way to generate SQFT measurements is to use the OBJ file, which is beyond my pay grade
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
I really hate them for doing what they did.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@pixelray I do not understand why they removed the data. There is a VERY simple CSV file that is alongside each tour that cannot be accessed unless one is logged in with Schematic Floorplans access -- I assume that this file is only for use by their schematic floorplans team.

Therefore - SQFT/M2 are still being generated. Matterport simply turned off our access to it. The removed it from where I was getting it from - and that's fine as it's not needed there.

It would take 5 minutes for Matterport to re-enable MP2SQFT's ability to work.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
And you just made me hate them even more for it. Seriously, I don't get it. It's just an ongoing reason why many of us would consider jumping ship if something a little better comes along. Then, what would they do?
Post 10 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@pixelray I look at it this way: A friend has a cool toy. You sneak into his room to play with it every day. The friend eventually moves his toy to where you can't get it.

The calculations were never given. Now if someone can create a way to analyze the obj file and measure the surface area of the floor, we should be able to generate our own stats and thus have our own toy.

I wish that Matterport had not removed access to these calculations as they were very useful for accurately billing clients. It's only when Matterport make changes to what they intentionally give to us that I get upset about.

I see no reason for workshop to not provide us with these stats. They are very useful for billing.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
Why don't they just buy the code from you and let us all be able to go on with our work and have a better service offering to our clients ? This is the slowest form of progression I have seen in my life. Think evolution was quicker... But I think we just need to adopt to the slowness and watch the child grow up...
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
@metroplex: I assume you have contacts there that you have expressed these concerns too? And if so, can you share their response? Maybe you already have...sorry if I'm asking again.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@Gerhard Matterport do not need to buy the code from me What I did was clever because I created a tool that extracts the information from data files and presents it in a useful manner. What I did not do was come up with the calculations. Again, if someone here can create a way to load the OBJ file via Three.js, they could potentially calculate the surface area of the floors. That would be brilliant and something beyond my abilities.

@pixelray I am on very friendly terms with Matterport and believe they are a great company. I do not always agree with their decisions, but in the bigger picture, I am a proud owner of their camera and it's been an amazing asset to me, my clients, and ultimately to my family. So, I'm definitely on Team Matterport.
Post 14 IP   flag post
101438 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?