Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Help WantedProblemsReal EstateRealtorsStrategy

moving to a selling tool for agents3902

Joelbcollins private msg quote post Address this user
Hello! 1st time post as a Network member! BELOW = long story but big question...

My question came out of a major conversation I had today with one of my agent clients. He graciously invited me to one of his Agent Open Houses for a property that I just scanned for him. I got to meet and rub shoulders with a bunch of agents I haven't worked with yet.

The good part of all this came after everyone left and it was just me and him cleaning up the food. He was frank and honest with me when I asked him how I could help him better. He said I pretty much only help him get the listing, and nothing past that. If he feels he already has the listing, he doesn't hire me.

One problem we have is our MLS is through Navica which apparently is notoriously horrid. Navica has only 1 field to input a 'Virtual Tour' and will only accept video links (such as youtube). So he has a super hard time getting the MP tour in front of anyone. Much less someone getting to see if through Zillow or Trulia (which are both HUGE to him, he spends more than 795 less than 805/monthly on zillow). So that is obviously something we're trying to figure out as well as many people here I've seen.

He also said though that if I can figure out how to get MP tours in front of buyers and help him sell, then he'd hire me for every house. Those were strong words for me oh course.

So loonnngggg story short, how do I transition from being a strictly listing tool for him, to becoming a selling tool as well?

I am using WP3D and will start incorporating that into my package. I'll be bundling everything (MP, photos, drone, video, WP3D) into 1 price (a la Dan S.) But if none of this gets in front of buyers through zillow/trulia how does it help him?

If you made it this far, thanks for reading and thanks in advance for any tips and suggestions!
Post 1 IP   flag post
neeravbm private msg quote post Address this user
I am currently in the market for buying a house so I can add my perspective. The only places I really look are Zillow, Redfin and the MLS listings that my agent sends me. I am sure quite a few people look at Trulia as well. UI of Zillow and MLS listings sucks. So the first thing I do is get the property address from Zillow/MLS and search for it in Redfin. If there is a link in the description for more photos or virtual tour, I'll click on it as well.

In effect, is it possible for you to add the link to the tour in the description?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
GlennTremain private msg quote post Address this user
Does Navica allow tourfactory links in its feed? It may be that they don't allow how the matterport link displays bit if they allow tourfactory then with wo3d models you can mimick and get approved

Zillow and trulia allow allow Your wp3d models link by inputting into the list as the zillow admin level

Also what IDX company does he use for his website? You can embed the model in the listing and it will show when people are search on his site.

Every open house he has he gives his sellers property a 100% retention rate versus all of the others buyers looked at that day. Studies show that retention rates are 28% but with this they get an open house refresher.

Now let's talk about after the property sells. The agent uses it for a farming tool to get sellers from that community and buyers that want to buy in that community. I have helped MP get agents to buy scans for properties they represented the buyer on because the property is in a sought after gated community. By showing the agents track record in a hard to get into community AND have a page of Matterports in the area it create an authority factor more successful agents that sold in that same community but don't have Matterports can't compet with. The potential sellers will see the agent has the progressive marketing of their community and will be swayed

There is more.

Will write again when I have time
Post 3 IP   flag post
@GlennTremain very interested to hear more! Thanks!

@neeravbm Makes total sense and is what I'd do too. That is what we're currently doing. But that requires that the user click more info if necessary, actually read all the desc. and get to the text url at the end, notice that its a url, and copy and paste into a new window. Not super easy to do if you're on a mobile device either...
Post 4 IP   flag post
3D Renderings
AEC Elevation Drawings
Montreal, Québec
ArchimedStudio private msg quote post Address this user
I have 3 words for you (and him): Facebook Sponsored Ads

Best $$ you can spend to reach a specific targeted audience.
Too bad Matterport isn't too Facebook friendly right now (I think it might be better with WP3D though), but even without a clean integration, it's very powerful.

Cheers,
Matt
Post 5 IP   flag post
@ArchimedStudio I hear you. I asked him if he's doing that already and he is but not my stuff and not my WP3D stuff yet. I'll suggest he give that a try.

I have a feeling that he'll still say it doesn't help him get on the other ILS sites where most everyone is shopping/looking already. Facebook ads, while great and something I'm behind 100%, is still passive marketing at people doing something else. No?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
You can try to add it in remarks section of listing but use wp3d models "fullscreen-nobrand" setting so it complies with MLS
Post 7 IP   flag post
@GlennTremain Will def. give that a shot! Thanks much!!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
Also watch out for "negative" sell agents try to do. They use this tactic to get you to drop your price or do more.

They say it's not that great or they can't see using it but tell them that because they are not as interested you will go offer it to agents in their office and watch their tune change.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@GlennTremain hmmm great word of caution. I will keep that in mind. I don't see it with this guy in particular. He has only brought me for higher listings, and even confessed today that he didn't bring me on for one big listing he recently got with the sole reason that he already had the listing in the bag and didn't need to sell me too. That tells me he feels he only needs me to get the listing, and not the sale..
Post 10 IP   flag post
justinv private msg quote post Address this user
Here is one I have on Zillow clickable text

This is something I do for agents to help promote the homes they have listings for but just as @ArchimedStudio stated, you need to run paid advertisements on Facebook. The boost post isn't the same!

clickable text

Please don't fill out the form because it goes to the agents email. Basically what it does is sends them the URL to their email by auto responding. Then the agent at least has an email, if not a good phone number also.

Now this cost money and the facebook ads cost money. If they want me to do it for them, that will cost them as well.

@Joelbcollins

You could also mention that people who like technology that notices him doing this for listings might call him up because they know that he uses "out of the box" marketing techniques. I started a thread about a video on CNN last night. There is a link to an email that was sent out yesterday at 1PM eastern from some of the biggest realtor team in the Tampa Bay area. They said that they do there listings with the tour and you can bet that other agents are going to be trying to catch up!
Post 11 IP   flag post
RavenD private msg quote post Address this user
@justinv great example! I saw the Zillow input screen for the realtor and it has a field that actually says " virtual tour" is this the field that was used to get the clickable link?
Thanks!
Post 12 IP   flag post
@RavenD

She posted the WP3D vanity address URL from her admin login with Zillow. I have never had any other agent take the time to do it. This is the same listing I did the lead page for too. I am not sure if you clicked it or not?

If I did not answer the question, just let me know!
Post 13 IP   flag post
RavenD private msg quote post Address this user
@justinv OK, I see, it looks to me that she linked right from the description page and it works too! Thanks!
Post 14 IP   flag post
@Joelbcollins

Another idea for you, is to do a recording of your screen. Set up the tour on auto play of the highlight reel. A couple of doll house shots in the beginning, middle and end. Take it into an editing software of your choice and crop out the MAtterport logo, who likes that?, and the left side where more details are located. Post that to YouTube and that is your video virtual tour. No I haven't done that yet but I have played with it. I am in the process of running ads for myself with the same kind of lead capture.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
Yes the virtual tour can be done like Justin did simply by logging into the agents zillow profile and editing the listing. However it's best practice to get it into MLS field "virtual tour" so your MP business gets SEO credit on hundreds of websites and zillow realtor.com and other national sites. If your agent uses idxbroker for their idx they can do this. http://for-sale.ronehomes.com/idx/details/listing/b295/260113/6071-MASTERS-BOULEVARD-Billings-MT-59106
Post 16 IP   flag post
@RavenD

She did not just put it in the details. Zillow actually has a place for a virtual tour but most are too lazy to put it in.

@GlennTremain

My site does get SEO because it is a WP3D model. She put in the www.315wolflair.info but it circles back to my page.

I just wanted to tell you that I did look into metatags or whatever yesterday while doing a new link. I was in hurry but I like that slick info. Thanks! I saw the post on mobile and forgot about it until I was forwarding a URL.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
Justinv because you use wp3d models you can get more SEO juice because of the fullscreen-nobrand option and having agents login to their MLS listing dashboard and use that WHEN MLS rules prohibit using what your agent did.

Many MLS boards require non branded tours. This gives MP that use wp3d models software a huge advantage because of the huge traffic it sends from zillow ,homes, trulia, realtor.com and every site that uses the MLS to display theblisting info.
Post 18 IP   flag post
@GlennTremain

She is a new agent and I told her she probably broke the rules. I told her to take it down but I just checked before my first post today and it was still there. I do give that one out as well but it still has "123 main street presented by mary", is there anyway to get that off but keep it on the branded version?
Post 19 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
Also wp3d models latest version came out. A lot of great enhancements
Post 20 IP   flag post
@GlennTremain

Thanks for the info. I rarely check but I just hit update.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
She is with the Memphis board of realtors so she might be ok. Other MLS boards like Trend MLS want no brand tours. I wouldnt worry the agent about it. If they send her a notice you put in your URL with the fullscreen no brand and it will be compliant
Post 22 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
Well this update is worth looking at. It can now have photo up top instead of scan, has avada theme fixes ( I do most of MP websites for clients in avada ) and it has the schema enhanced plus more. https://wp3dmodels.com/2017/02/wp3d-models-version-2-2-mid-winter/
Post 23 IP   flag post
gsharpe private msg quote post Address this user
"He said I pretty much only help him get the listing" I believe the agent doesn't understand the full impact of the Matterport 3D tour. In his listing presentation he should be selling the fact that the tour is what will assist in selling his home quicker and for more money. The longer prospects spend viewing tours and photos helps to drive more qualified buyers to actually go and personally tour the home. I think his sellers understands this but he doesn't. The tour is for the buyers, not the seller. It's a tool to entice the sellers to list because it's what the buyers want to see. Fact is that if a listing doesn't have excellent quality photos or a top of the line Matterport tour, the prospects are moving on. Why would they guess what a home looks like when a professional is showing them!
Post 24 IP   flag post
neeravbm private msg quote post Address this user
I think it depends on the market. Currently in the US, especially in California, it's seller's market. Any home, which has a few pics (which most homes do), will sell in a few days just because there is so much demand. I can tell you this because I am currently in the homebuying process and I don't really care whether the house has excellent pictures or not. Only two criteria count: is the home in my price range, and is school district good? If both of the above conditions are met, I see the house. Even if the house is not in a great condition but is priced accordingly, I'll put an offer because I know that cosmetics can be fixed up later.

Things will change when we are in buyer's market. At that point, sellers do need to entice more buyers to have a look at their home.

In other words, I think Matterport's business will pick up during recession.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by neeravbm
I think it depends on the market. Currently in the US, especially in California, it's seller's market. Any home, which has a few pics (which most homes do), will sell in a few days just because there is so much demand. I can tell you this because I am currently in the homebuying process and I don't really care whether the house has excellent pictures or not. Only two criteria count: is the home in my price range, and is school district good? If both of the above conditions are met, I see the house. Even if the house is not in a great condition but is priced accordingly, I'll put an offer because I know that cosmetics can be fixed up later.

Things will change when we are in buyer's market. At that point, sellers do need to entice more buyers to have a look at their home.

In other words, I think Matterport's business will pick up during recession.

Even for a quick market you can convince selling AND buying agents to get a scan because it helps you farm the market that property is in. I have convinced buyer agents to get a matterport for a gated community that he wishes he had more listings in. His main competitor has just been there a long time but doesn't use matterport. Now that he has one matterport from a sale he was a buyer agent for he then got a listing there. Now he has two and farms that gated community with more power because the other agent is sitting back on her previous sales to get her listings.

Matterport marketing is the most cost effective because you can use it for years and it helps with your agents sites SEO. One scan can last years in their marketing arsenal.

When they have a bunch of scans done they can market themselves as the Premium Property Marketing Agent in the areas they have them. That kind of branding is great listing bait as sellers see you, see competition asleep and oblivious to the incredible benefit.
Post 26 IP   flag post
101636 26 26
This topic is archived. Start new topic?