Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceBusiness PlanGearNewbiesReal Estate

How to start a Matterport Business?3878

fragache private msg quote post Address this user
Hello,

I'm thinking of start a business using MAtterport Technology but I don't have an idea where to start. Any suggestions will be appreciated. What do I need other than the Matterpot Camera?

I would like to do 360 tours of a real estate properties, also I have a strong background in video editing and photography also.

Best Regards,
Post 1 IP   flag post
kevshed private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome to the forum,

I'm a relative newbie to this also, so i share your angst

The good news, is that this forum is outstanding the and people here are very willing to help.... but i'd suggest you take some time exploring the forum, and many of the questions you will have are covered in materials Dan and the team have generated over the last few years, there is certainly enough to get you familiar with what you need to do.

But... just some of my own first steps:

1- do some local research to ensure the market is not already highly populated... establish what your local area can sustain in terms of price and build a business plan.
2- if real estate focused, i'd reach out to some local realtors and get their insight to gauge an interest level. If this is augmenting your other activities, that's much easier than doing a stand alone practice.
3 - regarding equipment, check out Dan's kit list... but essentially, you need the camera/tripod setup, an iPad and a few bits and pieces.. the capital expense isn't too high, but we weary of cheaper alternatives (which are not bad by any means), there are alternatives to matterport that may suffice if you wanted to test the waters...

I guess finally... check out the many youtube videos, spend some time on matterports FAQ to get a feel for the tech and then come back with perhaps some more specific questions.

If you can, find a pro and reach out for a chat!

Best of luck in your quest ! Welcome to the forum !

Best,
Kev
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thank you, Kev! your help is very appreciated.Best Regards
Post 3 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@fragache I believe that if you are already offering services to your target market that Matterport is an amazing "new" service that you can offer an existing clientel. Starting a new business that offers just one service can be difficult as you will be competing with other companies that can offer multiple services during the same trip including photography, drone video/photos and integration solutions.

If in doubt, create a business prior to buying a camera and connect with a local MSP via the We Get Around Network to fulfill any initial orders that you may have. If you have success in generating business, then the camera is an investment you should make.
Post 4 IP   flag post
thanks, I would follow your advice.Regards,
Post 5 IP   flag post
101635 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?