Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
20 Questions LiveArchilogicFloor PlansPreBuilt

20 Questions Live: 2D Floor Plan to 3D Tour3870

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Promoted Post

---

20 Questions Live: Archilogic 2D Floor Plans to 3D Tours Service

With the Archilogic service, you can create interactive 3D Tours from 2D floor plans. (examples)

Imagine how you can help clients that have pre-built spaces.

At 11 am ET this Thursday (16 February 2017), I will ask 20 Questions Live with Archilogic representative @Jan_Archilogic.

Thank you for tuning in for this live chat in the We Get Around Network Forum (and asking questions, once I am done ...)

Best,

Related We Get Around Network Forum Discussions

Archilogic: 2D Floor Plan to 3D Model Service
Archilogic for 3D rendering

Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hello @Jan_Archilogic ...

SO excited to be chatting with you today about Archilogic 3D Tour services of pre-built spaces.

Thank you for joining us for 20 Questions Live ...

What services does Archilogic offer and how are they different?

Let's start with examples. Please describe them from the end-users perspective.

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
David_Archilogic private msg quote post Address this user
Hi everyone,

Thank you for organising this @DanSmigrod . Excited as well.

So, what we do is we build interactive 3D models out of 2D floorplans.
There are many providers that do this, but we are different because we do it:
- in under 24 hours
- Starting at $30
- our models can be shared, embedded, edited & explored directly in the browser

Of course I can share a few nice samples of our work too:
(condo) https://goo.gl/bNrElH
(another condo) https://goo.gl/KL7s42
(a third condo) https://goo.gl/8plul7
(villa) https://goo.gl/zbi183
(office) https://goo.gl/qNV07f
(penthouse) https://goo.gl/MRJzYv
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Jan_Archilogic

Thanks for the examples. We'll talk later about how these are created, how to order, what's needed to order, etc.

For the moment, let's start with the first condo example and talk about the end-user.

Who is this 3D Tour intended for and how do they experience this tour?

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
No problem.

The end-end users are any people that want to experience a space. The good thing is that our models cannot only be used to show what a place is, but also how it could be. That makes our models great for marketing new developments, renovation properties & interior plans.

Experiencing the models is easy: they run directly in your browser and can be embedded on any website. You can let the flythrough animations play or walk around freely in the models. If you open them in full screen landscape mode with a Cardboard, you can even walk around in VR - all without plugins, software or anything else.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Jan_Archilogic

I that Archilogic 3D tours are great for showing spaces that do not exist (yet). We'll discuss that later ...

Can you take me through navigation?

The controls in the bottom left (and right), keyboard and mouse?

By the way, I love that I do not see an on-screen Archilogic logo or text ...

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post

Of course, with these buttons, you can easily toggle between the different views (floorplan view, dollhouse & first-person).
Th camera icon holds different bookmarks so you can go to individiual rooms too.
You can even set your own bookmarks, but lets not get too technical too fast
The keyboard and mouse controls work slightly different depending on the view you are in, but they ver much resemble the controls in a normal game environment: in first person: walk with keys + ASWD, look around with mouse, and even jump with the space bar (my guilty pleasure)

As for the lack of logo - you can actually even brand the models with your own logo. That makes things very interesting for (Matterport) Service Providers, as they can upsell our service to their clients & cater to new markets. I attached a little video that covers while labeling.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Jan_Archilogic

Nice to see you in the video. And, nice to see how easy it is to add a logo to an Archilogic 3D Tour.

You mentioned embedding early on. Here are the six Archilogic examples embedded in a webpage.

I could imagine that many Matterport, iGuide and immoviewer - and other 3D Tour Pros - run into clients - and prospects - that ask, "can you do the same thing for our condos, homes and offices that have not yet been built?"

This seems like a HUGH opportunity for 3D Tour photographers.

If 3D Tour Pros are going to offer the Archilogic 3D Tour services, whom are the best prospects for your 3D Tour services? Earlier you mentioned ... developments, renovation properties & interior plans ... can you elaborate about best prospects?

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod

It is quite a nice synergy that enables 3D tour providers, photographers, scanners, etc to also start visualizing spaces that they could not before. Our service, combined with any of the ones you mentions, basically allows such providers to cater to the entire market. Another synergy is that once a developer is happy with a model pre.built that is a nice foot in the door for later scanning & photography work.

These three categories are indeed a bit broad, but our service is great for all players in these industries. Empirically, we have the biggest success for condos & commercial space. We had a huge surge in workspace planners working with our models too.

Key advantages of our service are speed, affordability and potential scale - making us even beloved with property portals, for instance Newhome here in Switzerland .

For Service providers, this means that our service is very scalable: you cannot usually scan 100 properties in a week, but you can sell 100 3D models. We do all the modelling, you only have to sell
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Jan_Archilogic

Yes. Offering Archilogic 3D Tours -- for pre-built spaces - such as condos, commercial spaces and workplaces -- seems like a huge opportunity for 3D Tour Pros. From pre-built to built, the 3D Tour Pro can handle clients' needs.

I am particularly excited about pre-built condos and commercial spaces. We're starting to get ask this by property management companies and commercial real estate brokers.

Plus, I always like focusing on how we can help clients:

make more money
get more money sooner
reduce days on market (save marketing expense, save staff time)

So, please explain how the process works? Our client says, yes, now what?

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
The hardest part is already over by then. Getting the model itself is easy:

- First, you need to get your hands on the inputs we need: a floorplan & optionally other visual material & specifications. You can either get these from the client directly or draw it yourself. While we absolutely love professionally drawn plans like those by @PetraSoderling (make it easier for us), but we can work with hand drawings, blueprints, etc perfectly.

- Then, you pace the order with us & wait a few hours (max 24 with Pro account active):

- You get the model back, generate the iframe code, embed it under your domain and send the client there:

- You can of course get more creative and add more value: build entire property pages or import special 3D work to make our models even better:

But empirically, most Matterport Pros resell our vanilla service and make their margin in a very hands off way.
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@DanSmigrod

Your three (excellent) videos sparks these two questions:

1. Can I embed an Archilogic 3D tour that enables others to remove and add furniture (and how do I use this feature to get more orders from clients?)

2. The 3rd video about importing custom furniture shows that I can edit an Archilogic 3D tour. That seems like an advanced feature? What if I don't want to understand any of this? Can I simply upload a 2D floor plans and renderings that our client may already have to show the style of the space?

Dan
Post 12 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod

Great questions too.

1. You can theoretically, like in the earlier shared Property portal example. We have yet to find a way to marry this with white labelling though: if you embed in a different mode, there is a small risk that you can backlink to us at the time of writing - which is not great if you resell our service vanilla for 5-10 times our normal price. When you add value with custom 3D work, page building, etc this is less important. In all seriousness, if this is something a lot of you value, let me know (PM, here, etc) - so I can push for the feature a bit more.

2. Absolutely: the simplest thing you can do is literally only give us a floorplan and we will use our own interior design expertise to furnish the space & bounce it back within a day. Give us visuals or instructions and we will use these. All advanced features are optional
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Jan_Archilogic

I like the idea of re-selling something for 5-10 times what it costs me. I typically advocate re-selling floor plans, videos, etc. for at least 3 times the cost.

Before we talk more about pricing, I could imagine that some of our Members are thinking, I already offer Matterport, iGuide or immoviewer tours, why would I want to re-sell Archilogic models of pre-built spaces.

Can you summarize why?

Dan
Post 14 IP   flag post
Matterport and our service are by no means mutually exclusive: with Archilogic you can cater to entire new market segments (new built, interior planning and renovation companies).

I would go further than that: as touched on before - there are great synergies from offering both.
In their outreach, Matterport Pros often get asked whether they can deliver visualisations for new-built, reno and commercial planning, and instead of having to turn such requests down they can now turn a nice profit.
Another big synergy we have seen is that visualisation professionals cater to property developers with our service in the pre-built stage, and are then service partner of choice when the development is finished to do scanning, photography, Matterport scans, etc.

There are actually a few people in this forum that successfully offer both - feel free to make yourself known
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Jan_Archilogic

I noticed in these two related Forum discussions, Archilogic has many (enthusiastic) fans ...

Archilogic: 2D Floor Plan to 3D Model Service
Archilogic for 3D rendering

Let's talk pricing. How much and how long to receive Archilogic 3D Tours. Pricing page?

Dan
Post 16 IP   flag post
Sure, all our pricing info can be found here:
http://spaces.archilogic.com/business

Models start at $35 (resi up to 2000 sq ft with the Pro account active) and go up with surface area. All these prices are one-off all-in costs: no hosting fees & models come furnished, with flythough, etc

If you want most out of Archilogic, upsell easier, and have the lowest prices & fastest turnarounds, you probably want one of our licences. These licences unlock white-labeling so are important if you want to upsell. There is the Plus account at $39 a month (entire account, not per model) - turnaround is then max 48 hours. The bulk tier (favorite with Service Providers) is called the Pro Licence. After a 30 day free trial, that costs $99 a month, - but turnaround becomes 24 hours max and model prices get cut in half approximately. It becomes very attractive very fast (at +- 2 models a month). You also get your first conversion free when you start the 30 day Trial.

But there is more ... a special treat for We Get Around Network members right @DanSmigrod
Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Jan_Archilogic

Thank you for sharing the Archilogic pricing page.

I would like to point out to our Members, a few things:

1. Sign up for the Professional account to get a 30 day free trial and one small residential Archilogic 3D Tour. Use that example on your website.

2. Sometimes Members ask about - can't I just order as I need them without a subscription? The subscription pricing actually helps protect you from clients going direct. They just want one price - without a subscription.

3. 3D Tour Pros, if you charge by the square foot (or square meter), consider using the SAME pricing for pre-built spaces (about 3-5 times or more than your actual cost. Imagine how much easier the pricing conversation goes when asked, how much? (Same as our 3D Tours of your existing spaces.)

@Jan_Archilogic I am going to add another post below. While I am typing again, please give some thought to questions I have not asked you - or videos that you would like to share.

Dan
Post 18 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Jan_Archilogic

Thank you - and the Archilogic team - for extending 15 percent savings on all Archilogic services to We Get Around Network Basic, Standard and Premium Members.

And, thank you for creating this special Archlogic landing page for Basic, Standard and Premium Members that shows Member pricing.

For Basic, Standard and Premium Members, please see your We Get Around Network Welcome Onboard Letter (password required) to receive the voucher code to save 15 percent and 30+ more Membership benefits. Not yet a Member? www.JoinStandard.com

Again, I encourage everyone to sign up for an Archilogic Pro account to receive a 30 day free trial subscription and a free small residential model.

This is such a great opportunity to expand your offering to 3D Tours of pre-built spaces.

@Jan_Archilogic

Other questions that I did not ask that you would like to answer or videos that you would like to share?

Dan
Post 19 IP   flag post
These are all great remarks, Dan!
The same pricing convention is something quite a few partners already do. You are 100% free to set your own price, so do not feel obliged to use our price brackets, offer all possible use cases, etc. I have seen the most creative pricing schemes on behalf of partners.

As for the licence thing remark - this is the main reason we do it indeed: a natural barrier that makes the Pros that put in the effort to market us reap the biggest rewards. The other reason is because many of our costs associated with models are ongoing & we wanted to steer clear of complicated hosting fee structures - going for this instead.

And we gladly offer something special to members of this great community. Lower prices to you = higher margins

As for other points to raise, let me think on that for a second...
Post 20 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Jan_Archilogic

Thank you for joining us for 20 Questions Live in the We Get Around Network Forum.

Feel free to add to this discussion; including videos ...

Hi All,

Feel free to ask @Jan_Archilogic questions too.

That said, I could imagine many of you are busy scanning at this hour (or, like @Jan_Archilogic in Switzerland, ready to call it an evening).

Thanks all!

Best,

Dan
Post 21 IP   flag post
... it 'd actually be a bit silly to make up own questions to answer. I could talk about Archilogic for days - but I'd much rather answer any questions you actually have in the forum. So feel free to shoot anything my way: here or in PM.

I would also like to again thank @DanSmigrod for being a great host, organising this all & just being a very nice person to work with.

If I leave you all with one thing, it is that selling Archilogic's service has made a lot of partners a hefty hands-off revenue stream. If you need help testing your market, or with anything else, I'd be happy to!

Best,
Jan
Post 22 IP   flag post

@DanSmigrod
The 20 questions live session actually made me realise how much typing is needed to explain Archilogic's service. I therefore made this short video over the weekend to clarify things faster. Hope you like it.

If anyone has any other questions, let me know!
Post 23 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Jan_Archilogic

Thank you for adding the video ... most helpful ...

A Member of the Forum (just) emailed me (below) ...

Could you reply and also discuss enabling/disabling end-user's ability to edit furniture?

Dan

---

Hi Dan,
I had just read the 20 questions post. Great post! Sorry if I missed this, but I am wondering when you order the 3D from them does it come back furnished, or do you have to pay more for that, or do it yourself after?

---
Post 24 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod

I'd be happy to:
The models come all-in, including furniture, at the prices advertised here: spaces.archilogic.com/business (or here for Basic, Standard and Premium Members of this forum). So: no additional costs. We furnish models by default - even if you only give us the floor plan without visuals (we then use our interior design expertise). You can of course ask us to keep it empty too if you prefer that.

As partner, the recommended way to embed is in pure viewer mode as it prevents back-links to us:

This however disables the option for end-viewers to change things around (furniture/architecture/etc). While this also has advantages (partners can charge for edits for instance, and it makes the UI less overwhelming), partners should be able to choose whether they want end-viewers to be able to make edits IMO. The functionality is on our radar, but untill we have it, embedding in pure viewer mode is the advice I would give.
Post 25 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
@Jan_Archilogic,
Thank you for taking the time to introduce and explain you service. I wanted to let you know that I am interested in a version where furniture could be added by my client, but with no link backs. I love the fact that your models are VR ready, but how do you move through the space? Does this require a Bluetooth controller?

Thanks,
Jon
Post 26 IP   flag post
@JonJ

Thanks for the interest. I will certainly let you know when that functionality is added.

To move around in VR, you need a Cardboard V2 (you can do it with the 1th gen Cardboard too, but need to put your finger on the screen - which is a bit clunky). You can walk around using the button on the top of the Cardboard.

Post 27 IP   flag post
101428 27 27
This topic is archived. Start new topic?