Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Calculator

Matterport Square Foot Tool Calculator?3869

Dolloff private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Dan,

Sorry to bother you, just wondering what the current tool is that people are using for sq. ft. calculating. I know MP2SQ+ is out of service, is there another? MP3D models?

Thansk!
Stephanie
Post 1 IP   flag post
Dolloff private msg quote post Address this user
I am going 100 miles per hour this morning! I meant to private message Dan, but hello everyone! Can you update me on the current Square Footage calculating tool?

Thanks!
Stephanie
Post 2 IP   flag post
alsangio private msg quote post Address this user
I believe we currently have no SF tool for new models
Post 3 IP   flag post
Blue-Sketch
Founder
New Orleans, LA
PetraSoderling private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Stephanie and all, it's really too bad about the 3rd party tools.

While we are waiting for updates from Matterport, Blue-Sketch can provide square footage with the floor plans we draw but unfortunately I cannot do it without drawing the floor plan first. My software calculates it based on the walls I put in place.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Dolloff

I hope you will write support@matterport.com and let them know how essential MP2SQFT+ is and please re-enable it.

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@Dolloff The information necessary for MP2SQFT+ to work has been removed from all models processed after 1/26/17. The information needed could be sourced from two places. The first was disabled last year and is still present with every model processed. It's a simple CSV file called semantic/roomdata.csv. The second location was in the vision.modeldata file, which is a file that every tour loads that contains critical information about each panorama and how they fit into the 3D Tour and relate to each other.

As this file is loaded with each tour, it was possible to load it and to unpack and extract the 'encrypted' information stored as square meters.

Matterport removed the square meters information from this file. The tour itself doesn't use this information and MP2SQFT+ was the only application of the data.

I was given a heads up as to its removal, although the reason that it was removed completely eludes me as it's harmless data that our community benefitted from greatly. Yesterday, I billed a tour for a home based on normal SQFT ... I probably lost money by not being able to get the SQFT from the added rooms that were non-standard.
Post 6 IP   flag post
iGUIDE
Founder/CEO
Kitchener, Canada
Alex_iGuide private msg quote post Address this user
DIY solution for square footage.

1. Upload jpg of your top view of a floor to floorplanner.com (you can upload a background image to floorplanner).
2. Set scale (use Workshop to make a reference length measurement, then draw a line in floorplanner across the image over the same length and type in the length you measured in the Workshop).
3. Draw a polygonal surface that covers the footprint you need measured and it will have square footage displayed. You do not need to draw walls if you use that method.
4. Alternatively, you can draw a wall surrounding your area of interest if you feel that is easier and floorplanner will then create and report the inside area automatically.

If that sounds like a crutch, with iGuide you get floor areas and more measurements automatically.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_iGuide
If that sounds like a crutch, with iGuide you get floor areas and more measurements automatically.

iGuide is developed by enthusiasts whose business model is largely built around feedback from their operators.

To openly knock Matterport - they've seen the delight that the community has had in being able to obtain measurements of areas, yet when they acknowledged this, it was only to provide a heads up of the removal of the data without extending an invitation for discussion of the needs of MSPs. That is truly a shame.

iGuide knows that measurements are important and has made a focused effort to figure out the best way to provide this service to their operators. Another great reason why iGuide is in an amazing position for growth!
Post 8 IP   flag post
101428 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?