Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3rd Party Service ProviderAccessoriesAdviceCapture AppTips

Mono-pod for matterport scanner.3788

Skyview private msg quote post Address this user
So i came up with an idea for a mono-pod for my scanner last night and built it today! It works great but it's kind of heavy; about 20 pounds with the scanner. Has anyone else had any success with this? I'm wondering if there's a way to take the blur off the tours and make the black circle surrounding the scan dot smaller since my base is only 9.5 inches across and couldn't show up in the shot.

This really is great! It gets into some really right spaces! It will definitely help out in smaller walk in closets and heavily furnished spaces!

I'm currently coating it in rubber so it doesn't damage anyone's floor and to obtain a better grip or i would have posted a picture.
Post 1 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Skyview,
I don't think it is possible to reduce the size of the blurred area. The scanner has a physical blind spot due to the angle and field of view of the upper sensor. The only way to remove the blind spot would be in post production, in the same way that google street view eliminates the car under the camera rig.
In any case, it sounds like the making of a great workout!

Jon
Post 2 IP   flag post
I'm sure they would have to do it at matterport but it was worth asking about! I just assumed the blur that shows up was there to cover up tripod legs more than scanner limitations. I've already submitted a request to matterport about this. I wonder if there's a mono-pod commercially available that works with matterport scanners.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Orange, California
craigsauer private msg quote post Address this user
I used a light stand that was basically a monopod for a scan once. I need the camera to be really high to scan the tops of helicopters in a hangar I scanned. It was a little wobbly fully extended but I got several usable scans completed.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Mine is just under 5' from the ground to the top of the quick disconnect right now. I built it using a 10# weight and galvanized pipe. I used 4 one foot sections, for couplings, a flat do hickey, and another do hickey. I used 3/4 inch pipe. Mine is VERY stable at this height. I'm sure a larger weight and wider piping would work for you!
Post 5 IP   flag post
RGO private msg quote post Address this user
Hi....we use a tripod on WHEELS. So a big job, we just push along the mounted MP and tripod. No heavy lifting

rgo
Post 6 IP   flag post
101641 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?