Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Matterport Workshop

Matterport WILL include SQFT/M2 in Workshop3786

Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
As an MSP in North America, I base my pricing off of the total SQFT that I have scanned.

I can usually find the SQFT for residential real estate based on the MLS listing or from Zillow if the property is not yet on the market, but was previously listed.

When I shoot commercial real estate, multi-family mixed usage spaces, or other areas, I have relied upon my own tool, MP2SQFT, to provide a measurement of billable space.

I created MP2SQFT out of necessity. I had found using the measurement tools in Workshop useful for single rooms, but extremely difficult to use in order to calculate the total surface area of a tour. I am blessed that I am a developer and an MSP. When I find a need, I am often able to create a solution for it and enjoying these solutions with the community.

I have used MP2SQFT and it's successor, MP2SQFT+ in order to bill my clients as a part of my workflow. It has helped me to succeed faster and I have heard many GREAT stories from other MSPs about how they use MP2SQFT+ in their business.

--

Matterport's Cloud Processing service is responsible for the creation of the area measurements as well as many assets that are not a part of our Showcase experience. These additional assets enable Matterport to offer us additional services such as the convenient 'Schematic Floorplans' service as well as professional services such as downloadable point clouds.

At no point has Matterport advertised the availability of surface area calculation metrics -- nor has Matterport ever endorsed the usage of this information. These measurements based on our data is a product of Matterport's cloud, not our camera (as I once believe).

Matterport has been extremely courteous towards me concerning my usage of this data. I was even given a heads up concerning the forthcoming changes in the platform.

--

I respectfully would like to ask that anyone to share:

#1) Why they believe these metrics are important.
#2) How these metrics have enhanced their experience as an MSP.
#3) How these metrics have increased their revenue
#4) How these metrics have been a benefit to their clients

I believe that Matterport WILL include SQFT/M2 in Workshop. I believe that we as a community need to be proactive in letting Matterport know that we would like access to this information within their platform.

Thanks!

- Chris
Post 1 IP   flag post
Cleveland, OH
CLE3D private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks again for all this amazing info and for crating mp2sqft in the first place. I had built it into my work flow and is the basis for my billing. I bill out based on that measurement. My clients know this and appreciate that the total bill is an actual scanned area and not estimates or misrepresentations from any other sources.
Post 2 IP   flag post
jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
Chris

Having a tool to automatically calculate the square footage of a property is something that speeds up the invoicing process and allows me to deliver faster and better to my clients.

It is very common that properties have irregular shapes, and making calculations taking measurements manually over a floor plan image is tedious and time consuming.

In my case I am not so worried about precision but about speed. After all, in a 3,000 sq ft project, an error of a 1 or 2% represents about 15 or 20 dollars and it is not a big deal either for me or for my clients.

I don´t use square footage information for other purposes.
Post 3 IP   flag post
mcatino private msg quote post Address this user
@metroplex : Chris I just want to thank you in advance. I am the one still holding out to buy A MPC but in my heart I'm all in.

I just wanted to show you a little well deserved appreciation for your work and input here.

I am learning WordPress as we speak and reading every post on this forum.

Thanks again.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Standard
Wandsworth U.K.
RobinLycka private msg quote post Address this user
#1) Why they believe these metrics are important.
For invoicing as well as providing the client with information they sometimes don´t even have.

#2) How these metrics have enhanced their experience as an MSP.
Superfast calculation of invoicing, the agents calculated area is usually the Gross Internal Area, whereas we invoice the total scanned area which can be quite different based on terraces and outdoor areas.

#3) How these metrics have increased their revenue
Well, might be a stretch on this one, but probably a little bit due to # 2.

#4) How these metrics have been a benefit to their clients
This one has actually been very useful, I´ve found discrepancies of up to 15 % compared to an agents marketing plan which was hand drawn by the photographer. So that´s a massive difference in price when you look at price pr SqFt in London.

Also - extending my gratitude once again to your amazing work!
Post 5 IP   flag post
JC3DCX private msg quote post Address this user
I agree totally with @3DscannUK on all 4 points, have experienced similar in my business.

Thumps-up @Metroplex360 and and a big thanks for the creation and allowing us to use your work,
Post 6 IP   flag post
Gothru private msg quote post Address this user
Hey Guys,

I'm in desperate need of the MP2SQFT tool because a home I just scanned needs to be as accurate as possible on the total square footage. I just realized it's no longer available. This home had some un-permitted upgrades that include turning a 2 car garage into a living room, laundry room and third bathroom. If I add up all the measurements from the floor plan ordered through matterport will I be missing unmeasured spots that they do not provide? Not an expert reading floor plans or calculating so appreciate any insight. Here is the floor plan:

Post 7 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@Gothru - The best you can do right now is manually use the Workshop measuring tools. They do work, but I find that they are hard to use to get a complete surface area measurement.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
pixelray private msg quote post Address this user
Dear Matterport: WHY on earth would you stop including Sq FT measurements in your data files??? Seriously, give us a reason that I can be happy about - cause I'm not happy at all currently. Many of us counted on Metroplex's app for billing our customers. We have loved using many other 3rd party solutions that you have taken away...better hope something better doesn't come along cause these are the things that will cause people to jump ship! Very Frustrated.
Post 9 IP   flag post
iGUIDE
Founder/CEO
Kitchener, Canada
Alex_iGuide private msg quote post Address this user
@Gothru
1. Upload your floor plan to floorplanner.com (you can upload a background image).
2. Set scale (use Workshop to make a reference length measurement).
3. Draw a polygonal surface that covers the footprint you need measured and it will have square footage displayed.
Post 10 IP   flag post
101435 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?