Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceBuyCamerasInsideMapsReal Estate

Is InsideMaps too good to be true?3781

MSD private msg quote post Address this user
Greeting all,

I'm a real estate photographer / videographer looking to invest in a new system to provide additional 3D walkthroughs and Virtual tour services to my clients.

I've been looking through much of the in-depth comparisons of systems on the site and the Insidemaps system seems almost too good to be true.

It seems to have an incredibly low buy-in, it's per-project cost is comparatively low and it's extra features seem solid. Is there something i'm missing here?

I'd really appreciate some advice.
Post 1 IP   flag post
ThreeDImaging private msg quote post Address this user
not at all. they have harnessed the power if the iphone and their stitching is really good. the only problem that you may run into is if an agent see that's all you use and its inexpensive, they might get their own.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thanks @ThreeDImaging

I thought of that, but surely that's still a better outcome than investing $5000 for a dedicated system camera only to have InsideMaps blow up and render my investment obsolete.

One of my other concerns, which may be unfounded is that I can't find much evidence of other professionals using the InsideMaps system (no current houses on the market with InsideMaps walkthroughs). I'd really like to know if anyone who's used it can attest to it's ease of use and quality?
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@MSD

Pros likely would find iGuide Camera System of most interest because DSLR images --> lightroom, etc.

Since you may be looking for a low-cost entry point, you might find immoviewer worth taking a look at.

Best,

Dan

P.S. Welcome to the Forum
Post 4 IP   flag post
Thanks Dan,

I took a look at immoviewer, however the picture quality seemed sub-par and the load times on the transitions could vary wildly. Even on their own sample walkthrough I never made it past the first floor without a 30s+ freeze between transitions.
Post 5 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
I was where you are now 7 months ago and I live in the NC Mountains small town and I have not looked back since and I have been doing what you now do for 11yrs. This is not so creative but the clients love looking at their homes or business's with this new technology.
That's just me ...

Premier Images 3D.com
Post 6 IP   flag post
Juliaatimmoviewer private msg quote post Address this user
@MSD This seems strange and is not normal as the speed tours has to do with internet speed. Perhaps there was something wrong with the connection you were on?

Try this tour and let us know if you are still having problems (we also have a number of customer examples on our facebook page @immoviewerUSA): http://bit.ly/2kTYaPV

As for the quality - as soon as a new (affordable) 360 camera comes on to the market we will be compatible in the meantime we think the Ricoh theta is the best for quality/price/ease of use.

Cheers,

Julia

Communications Manager - immoviewer
Post 7 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliaatimmoviewer
As for the quality - as soon as a new (affordable) 360 camera comes on to the market we will be compatible in the meantime we think the Ricoh theta is the best for quality/price/ease of use.

Definitely Immoviewer's distinguishing quality! The Ricoh Theta S excels for homes. I have found that for large areas, the field of view lacks and images suffer - but for most real estate, it does VERY VERY well.

Immoviewer may be the best solution in some markets! I can imagine this being a cost effective tool that a Realtor would add on to every home!

@Juliaatimmoviewer Would you guys consider adding a little black box to the top left of tours similar to Google Streetview and Matterport that could contain the tour's title, agent's name, etc. I feel like a clear spot for identification is the one glaring ommission from the platform.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Juliaatimmoviewer private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the praise @Metroplex360

As for your question:

Our developers are in-house and have been working tirelessly on a new player. The player will launch first in Germany next week then globally soon after. It might not have the changes you have requested but they might show a similar solution.

- new aesthetic and added editing features
- a new welcome screen - more appealing and more options for customers
- info points : these are points that you can add anywhere to a room and can include anything from added photos/a description of that spot or information about the room/links/YouTube video integration

I will upload an example of the new player to the forum as soon as we have launched in Germany early next week. Stay tuned!

*I will make sure to mention what you have said - we are always looking to improve
Post 9 IP   flag post
Helen private msg quote post Address this user
With the cost of inside maps per model plus add on fee for the 3D model plus the monthly hosting fee of $2 per model after 3 months. I believe you would be paying more in the long run. Equipment is just the cost of doing business.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@Juliaatimmoviewer Sounds awesome!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Hunter_InsideMaps private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSD
Thanks @ThreeDImaging

I thought of that, but surely that's still a better outcome than investing $5000 for a dedicated system camera only to have InsideMaps blow up and render my investment obsolete.

One of my other concerns, which may be unfounded is that I can't find much evidence of other professionals using the InsideMaps system (no current houses on the market with InsideMaps walkthroughs). I'd really like to know if anyone who's used it can attest to it's ease of use and quality?

Hi. Thanks for your interest in InsideMaps.

Here are some examples of our projects being used here in the states and abroad.

http://www.550-davis.com/

The page you are seeing above is actually our Listing Page, which is automatically generated with every project, and is customizable. All of the photography was also captured from the tour with our photo capture tool.

http://www.aashapediatrics.com/take-a-tour/

http://www.nekretnine.rs/novogradnja/31/paunov-breg/

http://www.nekretnine.rs/stambeni-objekti/stanovi/929849/zemun-centar-avijaticarski-trg-150m2-avijaticarski-trg/?cat=prodaja

All the photography shown on the above links was also created with our photo capture tool.

https://www.coldwellbankerhomes.com/ca/san-francisco/550-victoria-street/pid_14581439/

I would also like to take this opportunity to share some of our new features

1.) Floor Plan Label Editor - you can now change room labels, add or hide labels, show or hide room dimensions and square footage, and toggle between imperial and metric.

2.) Photo Capture Tool - capture photos in various aspect ratios, crop images, customize gallery arrangement, set splash image on the Listing Page, conveniently download the entire gallery as a .zip

3.) Tour Editor - easily define tour starting point, hide capture points, define tour thumbnail.

Coming Soon:

1.) Video Capture Tool - Create custom video from tours, define point of view and rotation, add audio overlay.

All of these tools can easily be accessed from our user dashboard.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen
With the cost of inside maps per model plus add on fee for the 3D model plus the monthly hosting fee of $2 per model after 3 months. I believe you would be paying more in the long run. Equipment is just the cost of doing business.

Hi Helen. We only charge $.50 per project per month. The first 3 months for every project is hosted for no charge. Currently we are offering a promotion, all projects created before April 1st will be hosted for 1 year, free of cost.
Post 13 IP   flag post
@Hunter_InsideMaps Good to know but the email I got last week stated $2.00 per month, per model after 3 months. I had a few clients looking for a more cost effective solution to Matterport. I like your system but believe in most cases I would have to charge more than I do for Matterport.
Post 14 IP   flag post
@Helen Thanks for letting me know about the $2.00 hosting quote you received, that is not correct.

I love this discussion. But please make sure to compare apples with apples.

Matterport is much more expensive than InsideMaps per walkthrough when you amortize their camera costs which can run up to $8,000 when you include the tripod, case, iPad, etc.

Moreover, the Matterport's poor quality does not compare to the iPhone's great 12MP camera results both inside and outside the home. With InsideMaps you get great print quality photography which you simply can't get from Matterport's 2MP 10 year old optics. InsideMaps is even surpassing SLR quality in the majority of cases and photo quality is the top feature in the feedback we get.

On top of that, you spend almost twice as much time with Matterport and dealing with alignment errors, mirrors, etc. With InsideMaps we reduce the precious time that you need to scan and lug that large device around.

On top of that, we're not charging a volume subscription fee that most people won't fully utilize. Please make sure you amortize that as well into the Matterport price.

But don't take our word for it, try InsideMaps out. For $150, you get one free scan. :-)
Post 15 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter_InsideMaps
Moreover, the Matterport's poor quality does not compare to the iPhone's great 12MP camera results both inside and outside the home. With InsideMaps you get great print quality photography which you simply can't get from Matterport's 2MP 10 year old optics. InsideMaps is even surpassing SLR quality in the majority of cases and photo quality is the top feature in the feedback we get.

Matterport generates 2048 tile faces -- this combines to 8,192 x 4,096 panos. Despite the very modest lenses on the Matterport, the results with HDR can be quite impressive especially under well balanced lighting situations.

I'm not going to argue on the quality of the camera, as you are right in comparison. I do disagree on the idea of 'poor quality' though. In my experience, the Matterport shoots higher quality than the Ricoh Theta S, which is a more recent 360 camera that has quite a bit of momentum.
Post 16 IP   flag post
@Hunter_InsideMaps Hi Hunter thanks for your reply but when it came to pricing I thought I was comparing pennies to pennies and not apples to apples. As I mentioned I do like your system and wish I could offer it as a cost effective solution to Matterport but that is not possible. Lets brake it down by comparing a modest 11 scans per month on an average 3000sqft homes for a year. With features of schematic floor plan and 3D model. My plan is always to pay for equipment the first year so I will include that. Your solution is great for do it yourself agents, but for photographers to run as a business model as I mentioned I would have to charge just as much or more for your solution.

Matterport: 11 Models at $149 on the highest subscription plus 11 floor plans a month at $14.99 each-$164.80. Total per month $313.80 Total for 12 months $3765.60 plus the price you said for equipment of $8000 is a grand total of $11765.60 for the year

Your solution: 11 models with 3D floor plan $129.95. Total per month $1429.45 Total for 12 months $17153.40

So my first year I have saved money even with buying the equipment that I could later sell if needed. Now as I mentioned I like to pay off my equipment in 1 year. My 2nd year if I do the exact same amount of business.
My cost for Matterport would be $3765.60 If I paid a yearly subscription that price would be further reduced. Second year cost for your solution would still be $17153.40.

Your quote of
"Matterport is much more expensive than InsideMaps per walkthrough when you amortize their camera costs which can run up to $8,000 when you include the tripod, case, iPad, etc."

That is just not true!
Post 17 IP   flag post
101646 17 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?